Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No, same entrances as everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

all of the above ... and Hak Baker

Been listening to Hak Baker today,he's a must for me alongside The Orielles,Blaze and Fontaines dc

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Was told that there are off licenses on site? What sort of prices do they charge?

Was told that there are off licenses on site? What sort of prices do they charge?

60 a slab for Heineken

When will be start seeing the weather models appearing in here. I'm refusing to look at Accu until after weekend.

Accu looks decent,yr giving rain on Friday, not good

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    1mm/hour while treking in and setting up a tent wouldnt be too welcome

1/2 inch of rain will be bad news for walkways and salty dog

Thinking now about my footwear choices. Two years ago it was woefully wet but my hiking shoes did me well, even if I did get them destroyed. I had wellies too but they were a disaster in terms of comfort! What are everyone else's choice?

Used hiking boots last year for the 1st time. A gift from the gods

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

Anyone got a link to the Spotify?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

declanleo wrote: »

Tempted to go with Doc Marten work boots again (steel toed, electrically insulated). Heavy AF but bulletproof when it comes to pit antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

Thinking now about my footwear choices. Two years ago it was woefully wet but my hiking shoes did me well, even if I did get them destroyed. I had wellies too but they were a disaster in terms of comfort! What are everyone else's choice?

Was a welly woman for many years til a particularly wet Glastonbury. My feet ached so bad afterwards, partner was in hiking boots and his feet were fine. Got myself a decent pair of hiking boots for last year and they're definitely an improvement on the wellies. Wore them out walking for a month or 2 beforehand to break them in.

The wellies I had were hunter kids and they fit my legs/ankles like a glove, and were super comfy. Did multiple festivals in them and always thought they were grand, until that wet year. Boots all the way for this punter from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Going this year for the first time, bringing a tent for camping, how difficult is it to get back out to the car park for a sleep, if I bring a van, if the campsite is too wet, noisy, messy etc, will security give you hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Going this year for the first time, bringing a tent for camping, how difficult is it to get back out to the car park for a sleep, if I bring a van, if the campsite is too wet, noisy, messy etc, will security give you hassle
    You can come and go as you like to the car park

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

1/2 inch of rain will be bad news for walkways and salty dog

It was okay last year and there was way more than half an inch fell the Saturday night

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if going with hiking boots or shoes make sure you were a high quality thick warm socks as well, especially if your not used to wearing hiking boots for a long duration.

.... nothing as bad as blisters after a 3 day walk in hiking boots, and thin socks are the main culprit

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Other voices:
    Really excited to be adding Jafaris, KOJAQUE and Ye Vagabonds to our line-up for Electric Picnic. Not long to go now!

Timetable to follow next week...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

on the weather.... last year the friday night was baltic cold.... grass temps were tipping 3 or 4 degrees

if we've drizzly weather that makes for a warmer balmy night time, current forecasts are 12 or 13 deg at night... which would be just peachy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Two years ago I went to rave in the woods, towards the end of the Friday nite. There was lots of ravers all buzzing away but there seems to have been lads going round robbing from them, picking pockets. Like loads of them, I caught one lad with his hand in my pocket and he seemed shocked when I pulled it out.
    Anyone else any experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I always wear my hunters. They are extremely comfortable. At worst they are too warm if the weather is really scorching

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Green&Red wrote: »
    Two years ago I went to rave in the woods, towards the end of the Friday nite. There was lots of ravers all buzzing away but there seems to have been lads going round robbing from them, picking pockets. Like loads of them, I caught one lad with his hand in my pocket and he seemed shocked when I pulled it out.

Didn't see anything like that myself but as always be careful and don't take anything too valuable. It makes sense that if you were going to rob from people, when they are out of their mind is probably the best time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

You were in the doggin area mate, it wasn't your wallet he was looking for.....

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

We were nearly pickpocketed twice on the Friday night in 2016. Around Body & Soul. They were so clever. Girls, who pretended to fall over, my husband went to help them back up and they tried to swipe his wallet on the way back up. Thankfully I was watching and roared at him. Happened twice. Two completely different girls. No experience of it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

One word for ya... Bumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dixon Bainbridge

Have you directions to the dogging area mate,just so i can avoid it. Obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

mimimcmc wrote: »

https://goo.gl/images/bpftSu

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

mimimcmc wrote: »

Wallet at home and cash stuffed into the underpants is the way to go. You'd be amazed how many people give me free food and drink by the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

I bought four tickets back in March but still haven’t received them yet - should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

fe1hunzo wrote: »
    Thank you. I've made my mind up to go, life is far too short to let someone else dictate my festival attendance.

I'll throw on some of "fashion statement" gear and get on with it ;)

That's the spirit!

I've convinced my sister in law to attend her first festival at EP. She's nearly as excited as I am. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

we finished paying for ours in installments in June I think and received them ages ago. Ring them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement