Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I bought four tickets back in March but still haven’t received them yet - should I be worried?

Possibly you chose print at home option? Just call ticketmaster and ask what’s the story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭fourmations

officially one week away now ladies & gentlemen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

officially one week away now ladies & gentlemen!

I'm not sure I think we need official verification from Mr.Scruff...;)

Fatfrog wrote: »

so be it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

Fatfrog wrote: »

He was obviously on the middle of his one of sleeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Possibly you chose print at home option? Just call ticketmaster and ask what’s the story

Pretty sure there’s never a print at home option for EP tickets, they always issue hard copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Light weight hiking booties by default but I'll have a pair of hiking shoes too in case the weather is actually super nice (usually bring them but don't think i've ever actually switched to them).

If you're only getting round to thinking of footwear now and are thinking of buying booties, then you've got to do it this weekend and spend a couple of hours in them (and rack up a lot of walking), breaking in shoes at the event itself is a really really bad idea.

And as a side note, put blister patches into yer washbags for the weekend and talc, talc the feets by default but have the blister patches in case the worst happens (this goes for all footwear choices).

Does talcing really help?
    Green&Red wrote: »
    Two years ago I went to rave in the woods, towards the end of the Friday nite. There was lots of ravers all buzzing away but there seems to have been lads going round robbing from them, picking pockets. Like loads of them, I caught one lad with his hand in my pocket and he seemed shocked when I pulled it out.
    Anyone else any experience of this?

Jaysus, are you serious? When I'm at the rave, I'm bopping in my own world on Earth 52. I don't even know how I find my way home afterwards but I just do. I bought a bumbag this year for ATN so I'm going to use that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

erica74 wrote: »
    Does talcing really help

Feet in boots all day can get sweaty (even with the best socks), bit of talc helps with that and that can help lessen risk of blisters.

Snarky Snark Snark

7 sleeps now

(6 for those doing the early entry)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Popped into mindfield yesterday briefly to do a set check and there’s going to be a disco bar in there! - a new turn for mindfield which was generally a relatively calm oasis - and Tesco too! They have a fair footprint this year must be paying Mega bucks

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

PinkCamper wrote: »

I don’t think they have a print at home option anymore for EP.

I’d be checking the ticket status in my account and ringing support ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Reded wrote: »
    Popped into mindfield yesterday briefly to do a set check and there’s going to be a disco bar in there! - a new turn for mindfield which was generally a relatively calm oasis - and Tesco too! They have a fair footprint this year must be paying Mega bucks

Has anyone else checked out this Tesco thing at EP, I see they have tesco click and collect's in the campsite too, could be handy for some people? I just haven't seen anything about it yet

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Has anyone else checked out this Tesco thing at EP, I see they have tesco click and collect's in the campsite too, could be handy for some people? I just haven't seen anything about it yet

Theyd hardly sell slabs of cans at Tesco prices, woukd they?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

A friend out ours got (naievely) stiffed for 500 quid for 2 tickets last night. Some tw&t on done deal had them transfer money. Played them along for 2 days re sending/meeting up. Was to arrange a meet in Paulstown last night. Never called and phone now dead.

In need of one ticket for her now.

Theyd hardly sell slabs of cans at Tesco prices, woukd they?

Just found the info on it

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/tesco-ireland-brings-festival-shop-life-site-electric-picnic-2018

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

thebusher wrote: »
    A friend out ours got (naievely) stiffed for 500 quid for 2 tickets last night. Some tw&t on done deal had them transfer money. Played them along for 2 days re sending/meeting up. Was to arrange a meet in Paulstown last night. Never called and phone now dead.

In need of one ticket for her now.

What a wally

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

declanleo wrote: »
    What a wally

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ri33ins

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Just found the info on it

New user so can't post a link :( but there's info about it on the Tesco blog. For the click and collect you'll have to use Eventbrite or Giv2Go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

So when is the lineup time table gonna be posted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ri33ins wrote: »
    New user so can't post a link :( but there's info about it on the Tesco blog. For the click and collect you'll have to use Eventbrite or Giv2Go

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/tesco-click-collect-at-electric-picnic-tickets-49034927789

Here's the eventbrite stuff that I can find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Knex. wrote: »

€32 for this :pac:

Tesco Finest Mature cheddar cheese and onion crisps 150g
    Cadbury Dairymilk Giant Buttons 119g
    Cadbury Dairymilk Chocolate bar 200g
    Cadbury Boost bar 48g
    Cadbury Twirl bar 43g
    Red Bull 4 pack
    River Rock Still Water 2L
    Extra Peppermint Gum 5 pack

€32 for this :pac:

Tesco Finest Mature cheddar cheese and onion crisps 150g
    Cadbury Dairymilk Giant Buttons 119g
    Cadbury Dairymilk Chocolate bar 200g
    Cadbury Boost bar 48g
    Cadbury Twirl bar 43g
    Red Bull 4 pack
    River Rock Still Water 2L
    Extra Peppermint Gum 5 pack

extortionate

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Knex. wrote: »

They said it would be normal Tesco prices! For €25 plus €8 booking fee you get:

Tesco Finest Mature cheddar cheese and onion crisps 150g - €2.29
    Cadbury Dairymilk Giant Buttons 119g - €2.99
    Cadbury Dairymilk Chocolate bar 200g - €1.50
    Cadbury Boost bar 48g - €1.15
    Cadbury Twirl bar 43g - €1.15
    Red Bull 4 pack - €4.63 on offer now
    River Rock Still Water 2L - €1.25 normally
    Extra Peppermint Gum 5 pack - €1.99

Total (if bought in normal tesco) - 16.95. So the click and collect anyway, if not the rest of what they will have, is twice the price you'd normally pay.

The smart money is not to rely on the Tesco Supermarket shop as anything other than a convenience store for what you forget to bring.

Snarky Snark Snark

The smart money is not to rely on the Tesco Supermarket shop as anything other than a convenience store for what you forget to bring.

Or you know, just try to boycott the bastards anyway because .. tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

So when is the lineup time table gonna be posted ?

The Irish Times start publishing the times on Monday and then release more on Tuesday & Wednesday. This is what was announced last year:

Monday: Main Stage, Rankins Wood, Body & Soul stages, Other Voices
    Tuesday: Electric Arena, Cosby Tent, Little Big Tent, Mindfield
    Wednesday: Salty Dog, Jerry Fish, Casa Bacardi, Trenchtown

The times that we know of so far can be seen on the clashfinder.

They said it would be normal Tesco prices! For €25 plus €8 booking fee you get:

Tesco Finest Mature cheddar cheese and onion crisps 150g - €2.29
    Cadbury Dairymilk Giant Buttons 119g - €2.99
    Cadbury Dairymilk Chocolate bar 200g - €1.50
    Cadbury Boost bar 48g - €1.15
    Cadbury Twirl bar 43g - €1.15
    Red Bull 4 pack - €4.63 on offer now
    River Rock Still Water 2L - €1.25 normally
    Extra Peppermint Gum 5 pack - €1.99

Total (if bought in normal tesco) - 16.95. So the click and collect anyway, if not the rest of what they will have, is twice the price you'd normally pay.

i thought they said it would be regular pricing, crooks!
    (not that i care, wont darken the door)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Are the trailer park times ever published in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was wondering that myself.. They didn't seem to be in any of the Irish Times articles last year but the clashfinder was definitely updated with their times before hand. Not sure where or when they are announced.

The Irish Times start publishing the times on Monday and then release more on Tuesday & Wednesday. This is what was announced last year:

Monday: Main Stage, Rankins Wood, Body & Soul stages, Other Voices
    Tuesday: Electric Arena, Cosby Tent, Little Big Tent, Mindfield
    Wednesday: Salty Dog, Jerry Fish, Casa Bacardi, Trenchtown

The times that we know of so far can be seen on the clashfinder.

Why is it the Irish Times that publish it? Do they pay EP for the privilege I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

It's amazing how people moaned about the line up and that ATN was taking over and that they weren't going to go to EP anymore and now people are crying out for tickets, every post you see is people looking for tickets 
    EP is still a hot ticket and will continue to be, the line up is great this year, there is truly something for everyone and it will be the same again next year a sell out and again people looking for tickets last minute

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement