Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Was wondering that myself.. They didn't seem to be in any of the Irish Times articles last year but the clashfinder was definitely updated with their times before hand. Not sure where or when they are announced.
    a few areas announced theirs themselves, and the times for everything was on the app/website IIRC.

Irish Times announcements are usually a bit of a shambles from what I remember, typos and time mistakes and they leave out many stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Thunder77 wrote: »
    It's amazing how people moaned about the line up and that ATN was taking over and that they weren't going to go to EP anymore and now people are crying out for tickets, every post you see is people looking for tickets 
    EP is still a hot ticket and will continue to be, the line up is great this year, there is truly something for everyone and it will be the same again next year a sell out and again people looking for tickets last minute

It’s really not a great line-up. And it was sold out before it wasn’t a great line-up, so the point is moot. I’m looking for a ticket, as there’s been a change of circumstances, and I would expect to enjoy the weekend, but it certainly has problems that make it vulnerable to losing some of it’s faithful punters to ATN (which was an excellent festival this year).

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

It's amazing how people moaned about the line up and that ATN was taking over and that they weren't going to go to EP anymore and now people are crying out for tickets, every post you see is people looking for tickets 
    EP is still a hot ticket and will continue to be, the line up is great this year, there is truly something for everyone and it will be the same again next year a sell out and again people looking for tickets last minute

It wasn’t a hot ticket last year in fairness. My pal got one for €150 this time last year because folk were panicking and offloading tickets cheap. Demand wasn’t there.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

In fairness I think most of the people that were complaining about the line up early on were those of us that had bought tickets back in Sept or before Christmas.

I'm a big EP fan but I won't be going next week, will be going to ATN. I'm at the stage in life where it's more about the weekend/vibe/experience etc than the headliners etc. I found ATN more chilled and felt (as a group of girls) a lot safer. Aug weekend also suits better with kids off school...

EP will continue to sell out and be a huge sucess every year, who knows I may return but for now I'm intending to bid farewell with a bang next weekend...

So is there to be a Tesco in Mindfield?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

It's amazing how some people moaned about the line up and that ATN was taking over and that they weren't going to go to EP anymore and now other people are crying out for tickets, every post you see is people looking for tickets 

I think you left out the two bolded words from your post. But it's not that amazing. Different people have different musical tastes and desires for a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

PinkCamper wrote: »
    So is there to be a Tesco in Mindfield?

I did spot that somewhere too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

eplady2017 wrote: »
    I did spot that somewhere too...

This is the Tesco thing in Mindfield, it is a banquet meal made wit hTesco Finest ingredients

https://www.giv2go.com/ticket-events/the-banquet-65

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/feast-your-way-through-electric-picnic-with-the-theatre-of-food-1.3595952

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Why is it the Irish Times that publish it? Do they pay EP for the privilege I wonder?

Media partner for the festival (same as The Guardian for Glastonbury). Mutually beneficial so probably no cash exchange involved. Hot Press also have an arrangement with EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

EP's future is safe and will sell out again next year. The demographic is shifting. Lots of the (to date loyal) EP veterans will move to ATN next year. This is pretty much agreed by everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Anyone have any inkling where and when Friendly Fires might play? Their website says they're playing Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There's a serious buzz about the lineup at the moment. Everyone I talk to is raving about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

EP's future is safe and will sell out again next year. The demographic is shifting. Lots of the (to date loyal) EP veterans will move to ATN next year. This is pretty much agreed by everyone.

Think i'll wait to see the ATN line up before jumping ship, likely do both.

Snarky Snark Snark

Knex. wrote: »
    There's a serious buzz about the lineup at the moment. Everyone I talk to is raving about it.

No one i talk to is raving about it, but then i only talk to the cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Is printing an OUT OF ORDER page and putting it on a portaloo with your own padlock so nobody else can use it a bit much. Asking for a friend.

haitens wrote: »
    Is printing an OUT OF ORDER page and putting it on a portaloo with your own padlock so nobody else can use it a bit much. Asking for a friend.

This is an amazing idea ! .. you could store your beers in there even ... a little fridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

tesco are really taking the piss with those prices....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

fake poo on the floor will keep people out :)

Is the cat more of an ATN punter now then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Come into the circle of trust.

[/Steals wallet]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

So in good news, there's over a 100 people following on the Spotify Playlist - a personal best.

In bad news, my Friday morning Release Radar is now full of stuff I can't stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

So in good news, there's over a 100 people following on the Spotify Playlist - a personal best.

In bad news, my Friday morning Release Radar is now full of stuff I can't stand.

I shared it with everyone I’m going with. It’s a great mix! Thanks!

PinkCamper wrote: »
    It wasn’t a hot ticket last year in fairness. My pal got one for €150 this time last year because folk were panicking and offloading tickets cheap. Demand wasn’t there.

Any festival with 55,000 attendees will have people selling off tickets late. Any tickets going were sold. EP was a hot ticket last year, is this year and will be for the foreseeable future. The RTE coverage helps ensure that. It's effectively our Glastonbury and I can see it stretching on for quite a while. FR obviously think so too.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Any festival with 55,000 attendees will have people selling off tickets late. Any tickets going were sold. EP was a hot ticket last year, is this year and will be for the foreseeable future. The RTE coverage helps ensure that. It's effectively our Glastonbury and I can see it stretching on for quite a while. FR obviously think so too.

The tickets have never been worthless (like Taylor Swift Croke Park) all I mean is that There is a difference in the temperature of the tickets between this year and last. We are all surprised by the money changing hands this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »

it wasn't really a "hot ticket" last year, loads of tickets going for less than face value on the week of EP.

here's the toutless thread from this day last year, loads of tickets for sale:
    https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26174&hilit=picnic&start=630

by contrast, it's nearly all people looking for tickets this year, and tickets going for 300+ on the likes of donedeal/fb:
    https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28951&start=765

demand for EP has gone through the roof since the 2nd main announcement.

I'd honestly disagree with that. A fair few will opt for ATN but the quality and diversity of the line-up at EP will hold most there. I heard mixed reports from pals who went to ATN - weather & grounds great, very kid-friendly and space at the stages but mediocre quality of music. EP has many things that appeal beside the acts - Body & Soul area, Mindfield, Hazel Wood and a budget of just under €1 million for art stuff. La Furla Dels Baus is likely to be the most spectacular thing this island will see this year.

If I have a bad year at EP and ATN expands then I'll re-evaluate my choice but I've got about 35/40 acts I'd really like to see at EP next weekend and no other Irish festival comes anywhere close.

Manic Street Preachers at Glasto.

Though in fairness they had brought their own portaloo along.

Snarky Snark Snark

Has anyone else watched video of the furry balls people, wonderfully mental looking stuff, that's going to be the thing everyone is talking about the monday after (Assuming they don't have to call it off due to a hurricane)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Jar of Nutella. Pick a loo Thursday evening and smear on outside door handle and on walls inside

That should keep it fairly empty for the weekend :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Anyone have any inkling where and when Friendly Fires might play? Their website says they're playing Saturday

Nah tried having a look around but can't see any info on where they are playing.
    I could find that these acts are confirmed for the below stages.

Main - Dua Lipa (sat), Walking on Cars, George Ezra (sun). Presuming the 5 headliners are Chic will all be main stage too.

Electric Arena - The Kooks (sun), Jessie Ware (sun), Wolf Alice (sat), Sigrid. Presume St Vincent & Nina Kraviz will also play the EA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement