Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Around this time next week I will be cracking open my 1st can after setting up camp and looking at my print out schedule. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There might still be an announcement at 2PM, I've seen stuff announced at that time so you'll never know. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

haitens wrote: »
    Around this time next week I will be cracking open my 1st can after setting up camp and looking at my print out schedule. Can't wait.

I'll be clock watching for school finishing time - drive to school, go go go, drive to Granny's house, go go go, head for Stradbally! YAY

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Borderhopper

Been going to EP since there were two 0s in the year but first time posting here.

Took a year out last year (for a baby!) and can honestly say this is the most excited I've ever been for a festival. Maybe headliners aren't great but there's enough there to see, and the less well known is very promising. I reckon festivals are for 2 things- sing along to bands you know and find bands you don't.

This time next week will have enfolded us back into her grassy, beer stained arms and forgiven us all our doubts

Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

haitens wrote: »

I'll have enjoyed that moment already on Thursday evening... (engage smug mode)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Been going to EP since there were two 0s in the year but first time posting here.

Took a year out last year (for a baby!) and can honestly say this is the most excited I've ever been for a festival. Maybe headliners aren't great but there's enough there to see, and the less well known is very promising. I reckon festivals are for 2 things- sing along to bands you know and find bands you don't.

This time next week will have enfolded us back into her grassy, beer stained arms and forgiven us all our doubts

Bring it on!

that weekend of freedom after having a baby - you cannot beat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Beware of middle aged men kicking teenagers!

Winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chevra13i

Saw Jungle when they played a few years ago I thought they were great. I only knew maybe two of their songs but the whole set was brilliant from start to finish

Jungle are class but they've basically been touring the same one album for the last four or five years.

They've released 3 or 4 new songs in the last couple months so hopefully that means the set will have changed a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Borderhopper

optogirl wrote: »

Bring it on!

that weekend of freedom after having a baby - you cannot beat it!

Yeah it's like, "what about the ba- oh right!" Then cue manic laughter

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kerrywho

Re: reeusable water bottles, can you bring them into the main arena?

Was thinking of one of those cheap plastic ones with a straw and bringing it (empty) into the main arena so I can just refill it. Will security take it off me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

kerrywho wrote: »

Was thinking of one of those cheap plastic ones with a straw and bringing it (empty) into the main arena so I can just refill it. Will security take it off me?

I always bring an empty plastic bottle in with me as long as you show them it’s empty you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

PinkCamper wrote: »
    What tips can I give my 17 yr old nephew? He and his mates are first timers. Obviously he’s not going to give a toss about footwear or anything remotely sensible. Very basic tips needed.
    I’m die hard Pink Moon so no experience of Hendrix

An Imodium a day keeps the poo's at bay
    A travel bottle in the crotch saves dosh

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Its worth looking out the window there if your in Dublin and note the rain storm we're after getting :?

No matter what the weather going in, its always worth having a pack up poncho with you..

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

kerrywho wrote: »

I Think you can't have a lid on it, cause it could be filled up and thrown and hurt someone, better not have the lid . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

Is it too early to start asking about where you can get the capri sun pouches??

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

d_levins wrote: »
    I Think you can't have a lid on it, cause it could be filled up and thrown and hurt someone, better not have the lid . . .

I've had no issue with security with my empty bottle of 750ml, even with the lid. They usually check to see if it's empty and then it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

There’s a well known pub in Kilkenny running a Facebook competition where the prize is two “Saturday tickets” to Electric Picnic.

Am I missing something there?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

donal666 wrote: »

Sports Direct is your only man, they have hydration bottles that even when full they are fairly flat. Fill them with gin or whateven then line your jocks with them. Thats the least likely area to get patted down

89810818_l.jpg

https://www.sportsdirect.com/sportsdirect-folding-water-bottle-898108

• Registered Users Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sports Direct is your only man, they have hydration bottles that even when full they are fairly flat. Fill them with gin or whateven then line your jocks with them. Thats the least likely area to get patted down

story of my life :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

89810818_l.jpg

These are also in dealz €1.50 for two of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

89810818_l.jpg

Dealz have 2 in a packet for €1.50 also..

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

There’s a well known pub in Kilkenny running a Facebook competition where the prize is two “Saturday tickets” to Electric Picnic.

THOSE ARE FAKE HANDS TICKETS

• Subscribers Posts: 41,623 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

donal666 wrote: »

homestore and more have cheap "bladder" types for €1.99

gift !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

sydthebeat wrote: »
    homestore and more have cheap "bladder" types for €1.99

gift !

These?

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/cookware-accessories/sealapack-resealable-food-pouches-8pk/056156.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

chevra13i wrote: »
    Jungle are class but they've basically been touring the same one album for the last four or five years.

They've released 3 or 4 new songs in the last couple months so hopefully that means the set will have changed a bit

They have a new album coming on Sept 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Soooooo....... with the stage times being announced Monday do we suspect that Chic was the last addition to this years line up? 
    I half expected something this morning to send the excitement levels into overdrive over the weekend and then you are into the last week when the stages times are announced and everyone is looking at the weather app. 
    After some homework I am happy enough with the lineup, I think there is enough to keep the gang of 20 busy for 3 full days. 
    Looking forward to : Massive Attack, The Prodigy, Chic, King Krule, Nina Kraviz, Cigarettes after sex, Gomez, Ash, D Sulta, Erol Alkan, Ejeca, Mount Kimbie, Dj Koze, Friendly fires, The Blaze, Fontaines DC, Wolf Alice, Hak Baker, Columbia Mills, Field Music, King Kong company, Wyvern Lingo, and the wife likes Sorcha Richardson and Chvrches. Trinity Orchestra and The Gospel Choir are also on the list, as are Roadhouse Doors and These Charming Men :-)  
    PS not much work being done this week, never mind next week.

I think we're done... Was sort of expecting / hoping for a few surprises today but I think the line up is complete...
    I have about 15 acts I really want to see (so I a wait the dreaded clashes) and another 8ish I might wander a long to depending on times etc... So all in all not a bad return for the price of the ticket...

Nothing to do now but keep fingers crossed for no clashes and pray for sunshine (or at least no rain )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Last year's had just under 9,000 posts. This year's will pass that soon. I might be wrong but there seems to be a lot more contributors, and a welcome lot of new ones.

Very true, hear hear. But, just to be clear, the existing contributors are still the best.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,623 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

nope.... i cant find them on their website, but theyre basically the same as the sports direct ones in the pic above

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

They could be One day Performer/ Artist passes. Not a bad little prize- they'll entitle you to access to a few places, depending on which part of the event they are linked to

(I got my Weekend Artists pass there today. Woop!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Soooooo....... with the stage times being announced Monday do we suspect that Chic was the last addition to this years line up? 
    I half expected something this morning to send the excitement levels into overdrive over the weekend and then you are into the last week when the stages times are announced and everyone is looking at the weather app. 
    After some homework I am happy enough with the lineup, I think there is enough to keep the gang of 20 busy for 3 full days. 
    Looking forward to : Massive Attack, The Prodigy, Chic, King Krule, Nina Kraviz, Cigarettes after sex, Gomez, Ash, D Sulta, Erol Alkan, Ejeca, Mount Kimbie, Dj Koze, Friendly fires, The Blaze, Fontaines DC, Wolf Alice, Hak Baker, Columbia Mills, Field Music, King Kong company, Wyvern Lingo, and the wife likes Sorcha Richardson and Chvrches. Trinity Orchestra and The Gospel Choir are also on the list, as are Roadhouse Doors and These Charming Men :-)  
    PS not much work being done this week, never mind next week.

I think we're done... Was sort of expecting / hoping for a few surprises today but I think the line up is complete...
    I have about 15 acts I really want to see (so I a wait the dreaded clashes) and another 8ish I might wander a long to depending on times etc... So all in all not a bad return for the price of the ticket...

Nothing to do now but keep fingers crossed for no clashes and pray for sunshine (or al least no rain )
    It's not over until its over - I'm still expecting one final announcement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement