Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

ricerocket wrote: »
    It's not over until its over - I'm still expecting one final announcement.

I am 90% sure Le Boom and Ships are going to be announced from reading some hints from Nialler9 on twitter. No idea if there will be another announcement with more acts than that or whether they will just appear in the stage times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

sydthebeat wrote: »
    nope.... i cant find them on their website, but theyre basically the same as the sports direct ones in the pic above

GOTCHA!

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/kitchen-storage/folding-water-bottle/059066.html

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

nope.... i cant find them on their website, but theyre basically the same as the sports direct ones in the pic above
    Yes, they're just about available in Homestore + More. Identical to SportsDirect, except for logo and colour. I got 3 of them today. I use them every year. 450ml. Sweet for a bottle of red. They even clip on! We even have a girl who brings gin in them, in her hand and never gets stopped.
    There were about 50 of them in Homestore + More in Blanchardstown last month. Today I walked away and there were about 10 left...so you know the score...when they're....they're really...

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

GOTCHA!

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/kitchen-storage/folding-water-bottle/059066.html
    Bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

ricerocket wrote: »
    It's not over until its over - I'm still expecting one final announcement.

I am 90% sure Le Boom and Ships are going to be announced from reading some hints from Nialler9 on twitter. No idea if there will be another announcement with more acts than that or whether they will just appear in the stage times.
    This hint from his 2018 mix ??? hmmmmmmm ?????? 
    7. [font=kepler-std, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif]Ships – Two Hearts[/font]
    [font=kepler-std, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif]8. DJ Koze – Pick Up[/font]
    [font=kepler-std, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif]9. Jessie Ware – Imagine It Was Us[/font]
    [font=kepler-std, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif]10. Le Boom – Coma (Late Night edit)[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

On a side note, musically, is anyone else really looking forward to seeing Gargbage? or is it just me showing my age.

Its probably going to be a "Version 2.0" album 20th Anniversary tour, so I would expect a tonne of songs from that album. If there not in the Main Arena, I might wedge myself up to the very front to see them.

Saying that, Blur were in the Main Arena last year and I was at the front for that and it was fine, plenty of room.

This hint from his 2018 mix ??? hmmmmmmm ?????? 
    7. [font=kepler-std, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif]Ships – Two Hearts[/font]
    [font=kepler-std, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif]8. DJ Koze – Pick Up[/font]
    [font=kepler-std, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif]9. Jessie Ware – Imagine It Was Us[/font]
    [font=kepler-std, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif]10. Le Boom – Coma (Late Night edit)[/font]

Yep. Someone pointed it out to him on twitter that they have not been announced and he replied hint.. Also said when Chic were announced that he is expecting at least one or two more additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

On a side note, musically, is anyone else really looking forward to seeing Gargbage? or is it just me showing my age.

Its probably going to be a "Version 2.0" album 20th Anniversary tour, so I would expect a tonne of songs from that album. If there not in the Main Arena, I might wedge myself up to the very front to see them.

Saying that, Blur were in the Main Arena last year and I was at the front for that and it was fine, plenty of room.

Blur? Last year?

kg703 wrote: »
    Blur? Last year?

Or year before that, whichever year it was they headlined

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

Or year before that, whichever year it was they headlined

3 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Garbage v high up on my must see list this year. Think Hot Press mentioned they'll be focusing on version 2.0 alright. I remember staying for a grand total of two songs from Blur that year caus it was was baltic that night, froze me nips off pratically

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ships has been announced for the MindField area Ferris. https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/mindfield-electric-picnic-2018

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Garbage v high up on my must see list this year. Think Hot Press mentioned they'll be focusing on version 2.0 alright. I remember staying for a grand total of two songs from Blur that year caus it was was baltic that night, froze me nips off pratically

I was out of my mind. Remember the gig, and feeling all warm and fuzzy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Le Boom are playing Sat on Cosby Stage

3 years ago
    3 years ago :eek: f**k time flies

Ships has been announced for the MindField area Ferris. https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/mindfield-electric-picnic-2018
    Le Boom are playing Sat on Cosby Stage

I think Ships are just in for a podcast/talk though (although they said in the last 20 mins they will play a few tunes), I would expect them to get their own proper gig somewhere.

Maybe I should have said both to be 'officially' announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

kg703 wrote: »

Blur? Last year?
    last year was clearly a blur !!

Hope we still get "Queer" and "Only happy when it rains" played

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I’ve just spent the last hour or two damaging my ear drums blasting out some Garbage. I’m really looking forward to them, hopefully in the EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

To all those lone travellers, I salute you. Last year was my first flying solo and I saw twice the music and met double the amount of new people. I had a great time.
    Eager to get stage times now, acts I want to see stacking up at a rate of knots.
    St. Vincent, Massive Attack, Benjamin Clementine, Cigarettes after Sex, Fontaines DC, Murder Capital, La Femme, David Keenan, Stella Donnelly, Field Music, Hak Baker, Gang of Youths, Yellow Days, Mick Flannery, Colter Wall, Lost Brothers , Whenyoung...
    And that's not counting These Charming Men, Harvest, Roadhouse Doors and all the gold you pick up by accident.
    Ferociously exciting, the whole thing.

And Sleaford Mods, of course. Of course.

• Advertisement

This was posted on Facebook from one of the volunteers in Portlaoise.

40049696_10216199183668253_4455672817458872320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1c58576bfeb6cc71ee153ea5964890ad&oe=5BF407B0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Still too far out to be accurate

Where are your goddamned build pics btw!

Patience my good man, not due onsite till Sunday will be active Monday, Tuesday onward.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Finally managed to make a list of acts I want to see

Massive Attack
    Prodigy
    Dua Lipa *I don’t care what anyone says,that IDGAF song is great pop :-D
    Chic
    King Krule
    St Vincent
    Ash
    Benjamin Clementine
    Chvrches
    Cigarettes after sex
    Friendly Fires
    Garbage
    Gomez
    Sigrid
    Sleaford Mods *really excited to see these guys
    Wolf Alice
    Gang of Youths
    Ham sandwich
    KKC
    Wyvern Lingo
    Le Galaxie
    Frank and Walters
    Mick Flannery
    The Minutes
    Bitch Falcon
    Otherkin (F’cking cant wait for these lads)
    Booka Brass
    Seamus Fogarty
    Fontaines DC
    R.S.A.G

As the poster said above, that’s not including the stuff you’ll stumble across.

Now to pray for minimal clashes, if I got to 75% of those I don’t think I could complain too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Finally managed to make a list of acts I want to see

Massive Attack
    Prodigy
    Dua Lipa *I don’t care what anyone says,that IDGAF song is great pop :-D
    Chic
    King Krule
    St Vincent
    Ash
    Benjamin Clementine
    Chvrches
    Cigarettes after sex
    Friendly Fires
    Garbage
    Gomez
    Sigrid
    Sleaford Mods *really excited to see these guys
    Wolf Alice
    Gang of Youths
    Ham sandwich
    KKC
    Wyvern Lingo
    Le Galaxie
    Frank and Walters
    Mick Flannery
    The Minutes
    Bitch Falcon
    Otherkin (F’cking cant wait for these lads)
    Booka Brass
    Seamus Fogarty
    Fontaines DC
    R.S.A.G

As the poster said above, that’s not including the stuff you’ll stumble across.

Now to pray for minimal clashes, if I got to 75% of those I don’t think I could complain too much

There is something intruiging about Sleaford Mods. Not sure I like them but can't stop listening to them and defo going to see them????

• Registered Users Posts: 14 conork12

Has anyone ever got in on a Guest ticket?

A friend has won one and was told it was a VIP ticket, ticket says Guest and enter via Abbeyleix gate. Any ideas if that's just a standard camping ticket or does it include VIP access?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Near Portlaoise at the moment!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=459293&d=1535123583

Taken from the weather thread

• Advertisement

It is getting more and more accurate with each passing day though, think positive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement