Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

maximoose wrote: »
    Isn't that just the rescheduled date from the cancelled gig in August? Not part of a full tour I don't think, , played Dublin a few weeks ago as part of the same tour.

Aha nice one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hope I don't see Kasabian at the Picnic, never got them at all.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

If they play then they play, they'll get a massive audience who will likely adore them.

I'll be off in a tent elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Beck and Yeah Yeah Yeahs playing 3Arena in May, was hoping for one or both of those that's a shame.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Beck and Yeah Yeah Yeahs playing 3Arena in May, was hoping for one or both of those that's a shame.

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Morrissey also announced for 3Arena in 20th February so maybe ruled out of EP too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Source?

Heard that as well on the radio.gutted as I wanted to see the yeah yeah yeah. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

The Cure are doing a 40th anniversary show in hyde park in the summer. I'd gladly spend a couple of hours watching them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

declanleo wrote: »
    The Cure are doing a 40th anniversary show in hyde park in the summer. I'd gladly spend a couple of hours watching them

Its there only European date for 2018

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Source?

Apparently there was an ad on the radio and then a Facebook event popped up and was deleted right away. Someone must have hit send too soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

I've been trying to find a source for that too since seeing it pop up a FB events then rapidly disappear
    FB events have claimed tickets on sale this Friday but there are no listings on the bands websites, 3 arena etc

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

Orbital, Little Dragon, Kamasi Washington, John Talabot, Modeselektor, The Skatalites, Sugarhill Gang, Joy Orbison, Le Boom, I am the Cosmos and Bad Bones announced for Beatyard in Dub Laoghaire

Bodytonic with some fantastic bookings here, Picnic will wanna have a solid enough first lineup coming out of the gates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Alanis Morissette playing gigs in Ireland 4th and 5th of July, she would have been perfect for Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Justice announced for Forbidden Fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Justice announced for Forbidden Fruit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Several new acts have been added to the Forbidden Fruit 2018 line-up today including Bonobo, Glass Animals and more.

The latest artists to set to play Forbidden Fruit 2018 next summer in Dublin are: JUSTICE | BONOBO | VINCE STAPLES | GLASS ANIMALS | BICEP (LIVE) | DENIS SULTA | HUNEE | ROSS FROM FRIENDS (LIVE).

Guess that's a few more out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Sh1te I was hoping Justice would be Stradbally-bound. Weezer, Actics, Lorde still an option tho.

Justice, Hunee and Vince Staples are some amazing announcements, guess i'll be buying a ticket for Forbidden Fruit this year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah me too. Justice are too good to pass up.

• Advertisement

Seen Vince Staples at last years Picnic, not big into rap and that genre, absolutely blown away by his performance, raw energy that the crowd just picked up on and made it one of my Highlights from last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha hate the time when other festivals start announcing. Just crossing off potential acts for the next few months

D.Q wrote: »
    Haha hate the time when other festivals start announcing. Just crossing off potential acts for the next few months

Forbidden Fruit and Beatyard have already taken some excellent names I would have loved at Picnic, I would hope EP has something special to whip out of the bag for first announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Orbital, Little Dragon, Kamasi Washington, John Talabot, Modeselektor, The Skatalites, Sugarhill Gang, Joy Orbison, Le Boom, I am the Cosmos and Bad Bones announced for Beatyard in Dub Laoghaire

Bodytonic with some fantastic bookings here, Picnic will wanna have a solid enough first lineup coming out of the gates

Kamasi Washington? Deadly. Got my 2 for 1 tickets last week, great value and can walk home from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I just keep seeing Snow Patrols name popping up everywhere and I have the fear it might be them :/

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

not a snow patrol fan but would they keep alot of the 55,000 fans happy... they have some sing along songs which is more than can be said for alot of the head liners recently... like they can keep the mainstream heads happy and the music heads can head off and check out other bands at other stages... they are not going to attract a young or a rough croud so i dont see a problem with them headlining one of the nights

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

tonto123 wrote: »
    they are not going to attract a young or a rough croud so i dont see a problem with them headlining one of the nights

Because we are buying the tickets without knowing who's playing, that doesn't really happen. The crowd that are attracted to a stage are the ones that bought the event tickets blindfold.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

but if drake and picture this were announced the crowd age would change considerably compared to if beck and pearl jam were announced lets say even tho its sold out before an announcement... id say half the attendees at the festival have bought there tickets late summer online... all my mates buy their tickets in late summer depending on final line up, their financial situation at the time etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

That British Summer Time festival on in July has some interesting acts,headliners are The Cure also playing are Goldfrapp,Interpol (would hardly play again after last year would they?),Ride,Editors and Slowdive,some interesting additions that I wouldn’t mind seeing at EP 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Surely Arctic Monkeys will be on tour in 2018 and would be a great addition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement