Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭keepwalking

From the Irish Times Friday mailshot...

"Don't miss the release of stage times this Monday, exclusively on irishtimes.com from 7am. Plan your schedule for the Main Stage, Rankin’s Woods, Body&Soul and Other Voices and check in on Tuesday and Wednesday too for more exclusive stage time releases."

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

Near Portlaoise at the moment!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=459293&d=1535123583

Taken from the weather thread

Won't make a difference. Water table is still very low

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It is getting more and more accurate with each passing day though, think positive.

No, i'm not gonna look at forecasts till next wednesday.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Near Portlaoise at the moment!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=459293&d=1535123583

Taken from the weather thread

only a few cracks of thunder from it.. not too bad tbh

Passed a truck load of portaloos on the m7 as it was turning off at portaloise.... No doubt heading for stradbally. Never been as exited to see portaloos before!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Rubysky wrote: »
    Passed a truck load of portaloos on the m7 as it was turning off at portaloise.... No doubt heading for stradbally. Never been as exited to see portaloos before!!!

A rakeload of drink and dodgy food at a festival and I’ve been very excited by the sight of a portaloo MANY a time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Sleaford Mods are on a Prodigy song from their most recent album. It's probably the worst song I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

My kids are always assaulted by constant EP playlists in the car, kitchen etc. for the couple of months leading up to the big weekend. My 9 year old has adopted Sleaford Mods as his go to act this year. He's taken to roaming the house singing 'I'm going down like BHS...' in a cockney accent. Brings a tear to the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Stillill42 wrote: »
    To all those lone travellers, I salute you. Last year was my first flying solo and I saw twice the music and met double the amount of new people. I had a great time.
    Eager to get stage times now, acts I want to see stacking up at a rate of knots.
    St. Vincent, Massive Attack, Benjamin Clementine, Cigarettes after Sex, Fontaines DC, Murder Capital, La Femme, David Keenan, Stella Donnelly, Field Music, Hak Baker, Gang of Youths, Yellow Days, Mick Flannery, Colter Wall, Lost Brothers , Whenyoung...
    And that's not counting These Charming Men, Harvest, Roadhouse Doors and all the gold you pick up by accident.
    Ferociously exciting, the whole thing.

And Sleaford Mods, of course. Of course.

Belter of a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Mucker46 wrote:
    There is something intruiging about Sleaford Mods. Not sure I like them but can't stop listening to them and defo going to see them????

For those Sleaford Mods fans check out Jinx Lennon, also playing. Not dissimilar IMO but a lot more humour to temper the anger but still serious And a Dundalk accent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I am 90% sure Le Boom and Ships are going to be announced from reading some hints from Nialler9 on twitter. No idea if there will be another announcement with more acts than that or whether they will just appear in the stage times.

I'd expect Hozier to be announced also.

On a side note, musically, is anyone else really looking forward to seeing Gargbage? or is it just me showing my age.

Its probably going to be a "Version 2.0" album 20th Anniversary tour, so I would expect a tonne of songs from that album. If there not in the Main Arena, I might wedge myself up to the very front to see them.

Saying that, Blur were in the Main Arena last year and I was at the front for that and it was fine, plenty of room.

Time is going by really really slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

Rain or shine, bag of cans, be grand!

It’s too far out to get excited about the weather as others are saying. Hard not to be excited now though. Listening to new Mitski and Interpol today, hope they are there next year.

Even though I think Interpol must play every two years or they die or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I'd expect Hozier to be announced also.

Certainly cutting it fine if they still have bands to announce...

Any reason they would wait... Come Monday the press frenzy will start with stage times etc being released.. Really think if we were getting anything it would have been today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

conork12 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever got in on a Guest ticket?

A friend has won one and was told it was a VIP ticket, ticket says Guest and enter via Abbeyleix gate. Any ideas if that's just a standard camping ticket or does it include VIP access?

You can camp in the Artist and Guest area, nothing really special 😀

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Certainly cutting it fine if they still have bands to announce...

Any reason they would wait... Come Monday the press frenzy will start with stage times etc being released.. Really think if we were getting anything it would have been today :(

Anything to distract attention from ATN early bird advertising.

Though Hozier may also be an OVs surprise guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

self inflating mats 12.50 in homestore & more
    (according to their website)

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/wigig-13/redwood-inflatable-camping-mat/070991.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Sleaford Mods are on a Prodigy song from their most recent album. It's probably the worst song I've ever heard.

Good to have you back turtle was worried your account had been hacked as there was a few positive vibes😂

Heavy weekend ahead for ep gang if they want to get all the bands on the app ahead of stage times being announced.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Good to have you back turtle was worried your account had been hacked as there was a few positive vibes😂
    No fear of you getting a life anytime soon, no?

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    No fear of you getting a life anytime soon, no?

At my age not a hope

Was that post a few pages back about the Blaze playing early Friday evening true or speculation? Would be nice act to kick things off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

Behold!!! You shall hopefully be resting your arses on these magnificent feats of carefully crafted benches in 7 days time. Made from the finest timber Chadwicks provide to provide you with well deserved comfort.
    I made them with offcuts left around the house to be honest.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Behold!!! You shall hopefully be resting your arses on these magnificent feats of carefully crafted benches in 7 days time. Made from the finest timber Chadwicks provide to provide you with well deserved comfort.

Plenty of scope for lateral movement there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

It is a little far out to accurately predict the weather but the models are beginning to show a high pressure loading next week and pleasant conditions for the weekend. Much better than this weekend which looks very wet tomorrow night with a 12hr deluge expected from midnight. I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll get lucky.

Oooooh wood! Exiting times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Where will these magnificent artworks be?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Decka

I know this has probably already been asked before but I'm staying im pink moon and want to park in the green car park. Im coming from Dublin.. whats the best route to take? Thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Decka wrote: »
    I know this has probably already been asked before but I'm staying im pink moon and want to park in the green car park. Im coming from Dublin.. whats the best route to take? Thank you in advance

Head into stradbally and tell anyone that’s challenges you that I said it was alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

My friend bought three family tickets off someone on toutless. Said that we'll just get put into the regualar campsite when they realize we're not a family and have no kids with us. Does anyone know because looking up online though I can't see anything about this being the case?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement