Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

My friend bought three family tickets off someone on toutless. Said that we'll just get put into the regualar campsite when they realize we're not a family and have no kids with us. Does anyone know because looking up online though I can't see anything about this being the case?
    I was told the opposite: you won't be allowed in at all if you have family tickets but no children with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I was told the opposite: you won't be allowed in at all if you have family tickets but no children with you.

Swap them. Loads of people looking for family tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

My friend bought three family tickets off someone on toutless. Said that we'll just get put into the regualar campsite when they realize we're not a family and have no kids with us. Does anyone know because looking up online though I can't see anything about this being the case?

Can't see any problem. You won't get into the family campsite obviously but no hassle with general camping. A pal had to do this a couple of years back and other posters have reported doing the same on previous year's threads. In the unlikely event of being challenged just say that your children couldn't make it so you decided to leave them with family.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Was that post a few pages back about the Blaze playing early Friday evening true or speculation? Would be nice act to kick things off.

Ye they said Fri at 8... But I can't see anything about that anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

tonto123 wrote: »
    Ye they said Fri at 8... But I can't see anything about that anywhere
    Spotify:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

I had to sell my family tickets last year and I Facebook messaged EP page and they confirmed the tickets could be used for general camping. May have changed from last year so email them to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Dermwex

Hi everyone, should I really be worrying if I haven’t gotten my ticket yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Dermwex wrote: »

Log on to TM and it will tell you if they've been dispatched or not,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Behold!!! You shall hopefully be resting your arses on these magnificent feats of carefully crafted benches in 7 days time. Made from the finest timber Chadwicks provide to provide you with well deserved comfort.
    I made them with offcuts left around the house to be honest.

I'd be making a hidden compartment and fill with cans!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Got an e-mail from PM, said early entrants (Thursday) will be directed to the green car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Does anyone know if it's too late to get an early entry ticket for pink moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Did I see a post earlier about an actual tattoo parlour in trailer pk? Might have been a Instagram post posted here

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

declanleo wrote: »
    Did I see a post earlier about an actual tattoo parlour in trailer pk? Might have been a Instagram post posted here

Forget Kendrick Lamar or the Prodigy, what I really cant wait for is to see drunken teenagers having their skin permanently altered with the names of girlfriends/boyfriends who they will no longer speak to in 6 months' time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

There’s a Nile Rodgers documentary just after starting on BBC4 for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Dermwex wrote: »

Not worried but you should have your ticket. They will most likely cancel original order and have new tickets handed over to the original purchaser

The more I listen to The Orielles the more they shoot to the top of my list. Great album great singles. Hope they are on early Sat or Sun in EA. But if they clash with a big name I've seen before, I'll defo go see them. Fantastic indie/pop I suppose you'd call it. Love it

declanleo wrote: »

Wow that would be nuts ...but if we had to choose a tattoo maybe this would be a shout. If not. I wanna go home don't want to stay.... give up education as a bad mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

chevra13i wrote: »
    Jungle are class but they've basically been touring the same one album for the last four or five years.

They've released 3 or 4 new songs in the last couple months so hopefully that means the set will have changed a bit

Real pity the new album will be released ten days or so after EP.

Prefer to get acclimatized to a record first before hearing it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

This time next week, we'll be starting to wake up, half drunk, half hungover... Struggling through downtown Beirut to the showers, grab a schmeary greasy breakfast on the way back, wash it down with the coldest can of the day and start planning the glorious middle day of EP.

Ladies and gents, it's officially the final furlong! Can I get a whoop whoop?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

It really can't come soon enough. Shortest itinerary ever this year for me, but it just means I get to wander and explore even more. A lot of stuff has popped up in the woods etc in recent years that I haven't got round to yet.

Want to spend more time in trailer park, trenchtown and salty dog. Drinking my own cans in the latter 2 as well should help keep the spend down.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Double sleeping bag purchased.

Myself and herself better not fall out for the weekend..... Or she'll be sleeping under the stars!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

This time next week, we'll be starting to wake up, half drunk, half hungover... Struggling through downtown Beirut to the showers, grab a schmeary greasy breakfast on the way back, wash it down with the coldest can of the day and start planning the glorious middle day of EP.

Ladies and gents, it's officially the final furlong! Can I get a whoop whoop?!

Whoop Whoop
    Yes, it never fails to hit home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

6 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Flew back from holidays on Thursday and not been able to stop listening to Five Grand Stereo.

Gone straight onto my must see list.

Friday night - Salty Dog 9.40

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Met Eireann say it’s looking like settled and warmer weather from Thursday onwards. They’re definitely the most reliable source so I’m quietly confident

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Met Eireann say it’s looking like settled and warmer weather from Thursday onwards. They’re definitely the most reliable source so I’m quietly confident
    I'm still waiting for the farmers forecast before I absolutely call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭LowOdour

thebusher wrote: »
    Flew back from holidays on Thursday and not been able to stop listening to Five Grand Stereo.

Gone straight onto my must see list.

Friday night - Salty Dog 9.40

Feck... probably clashing with Kendrick (and I'm guessing Ben Clementine). Sex and Money is a class album. Decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

Met Eireann say it’s looking like settled and warmer weather from Thursday onwards. They’re definitely the LEAST reliable source so I’m FOOLISHLY confident

Fixed it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭deeks

This is from a post in the Weather Forum:

"FRIDAY (31st) ... Sunny, with increasing cloud leading to isolated late afternoon or evening showers mostly for northwestern counties, lows near 8 C and highs 19 to 22 C.

The weekend of 1-2 September is now looking improved, the rather unsettled weather for Saturday may be confined largely to Ulster, and then generally sunny by Sunday, with more rain possible in the north but with the possibility of the warmer and dry spell continuing in the south, highs 17 C north to 23 C south. Some guidance delays this warm and dry interval to the early part of the following week so there is some uncertainty involved."

Looks very promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Surely boards.ie is always the most reliable source for everything??!

Boards Forecast

BELIEVE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement