Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

LowOdour wrote: »
    Feck... probably clashing with Kendrick (and I'm guessing Ben Clementine). Sex and Money is a class album. Decisions, decisions...

Do you think Benjamine Clementine will headline the EA on Friday? Only started listening to him in the last two weeks but he is very good.

MT Cranium on the weather forum is the only man I will trust for a weather forecast for EP. If you think the average Irish person talks about the weather a lot I put them to shame in the week leading up to picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

deeks wrote: »
    This is from a post in the Weather Forum:

"FRIDAY (31st) ... Sunny, with increasing cloud leading to isolated late afternoon or evening showers mostly for northwestern counties, lows near 8 C and highs 19 to 22 C.

The weekend of 1-2 September is now looking improved, the rather unsettled weather for Saturday may be confined largely to Ulster, and then generally sunny by Sunday, with more rain possible in the north but with the possibility of the warmer and dry spell continuing in the south, highs 17 C north to 23 C south. Some guidance delays this warm and dry interval to the early part of the following week so there is some uncertainty involved."

Looks very promising.

Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Do you think Benjamine Clementine will headline the EA on Friday? Only started listening to him in the last two weeks but he is very good.

With this year's lineup, I wouldn't be surprised if the Coronas or the like might headline EA but my money would be on him playing a slot between 8 - 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

MT Cranium on the weather forum is the only man I will trust for a weather forecast for EP. If you think the average Irish person talks about the weather a lot I put them to shame in the week leading up to picnic.
    He was great a couple of years ago but that was in Rankins Wood I think? Saw him after in the Olympia and again, brilliant but he's a quirky, awkward sort of a chap that relies a lot on his (brilliant) piano. I never really pictured him in the EA. Who cares, I guess. I'd just like to see him in a smaller setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Stillill42 wrote:
    He was great a couple of years ago but that was in Rankins Wood I think? Saw him after in the Olympia and again, brilliant but he's a quirky, awkward sort of a chap that relies a lot on his (brilliant) piano. I never really pictured him in the EA. Who cares, I guess. I'd just like to see him in a smaller setting.

Agree he would be lost in EA. Needs a smallish venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Fixed it for you

We’ll see, but met Eireann are the most reliable. Don’t kid yourself. I must say, you’re some smart arse

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

PinkCamper wrote: »
    We’ll see, but met Eireann are the most reliable. Don’t kid yourself. I must say, you’re some smart arse

No point in taking life too seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Clashfinder has The Roadhouse Doors to play the Salty dog at 14:45 in the Friday, is that right? Surely that’s way too early for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

As long as the forecast isn’t solid rain for three days I’m happy enough. Good weather does help. If I can get my tent up and down while it’s dry it’s a win for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm gonna be in Stradbally tomorrow, its a struggle holding on to the sponds and making them last through the week, will be bringing my bodhran tho so may chance some busking in Stradbally during the weekend and even parts of the festival site. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

is 9am Friday family camping strictly enforced if I was there for 8 would they let me in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Poorside wrote: »
    Clashfinder has The Roadhouse Doors to play the Salty dog at 14:45 in the Friday, is that right? Surely that’s way too early for them.

Doubt right would say meant to be 4:45

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

What we thinking for Friday night electric arena and main stage guys?

IWO are giving us a good forecast too.
    Question: at this time of year, will sunny days mean freezing nights? Because cold nights are tough going

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Question: at this time of year, will sunny days mean freezing nights? Because cold nights are tough going
    Yes more than likely but I honestly would take a very cold night to have nice days, over constant drizzle or heavy showers

I don't think so this year, its a lot warmer this year, it was lovely and warm at night at All Together Now, it definitely feels a lot warmer this year at the moment. Thought 2011 and 2015 were particularly cold years at night time anyway.

tonto123 wrote: »
    What we thinking for Friday night electric arena and main stage guys?

What do you mean?

Saturday night 2015 (Blur) was so cold we bought hoodies from the merch stall for an extra layer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I don't think so this year, its a lot warmer this year, it was lovely and warm at night at All Together Now, it definitely feels a lot warmer this year at the moment. Thought 2011 and 2015 were particularly cold years at night time anyway.
    Have to say, this morning was the first morning I really felt freezing getting out of bed. I live about 40 minutes from Stradbally so I do think the weather is changing towards the cold already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Poorside wrote: »

Must be a typo, they were on at 18.10 last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Have booked my ticket, but got mail welcoming me to Pink Moon camp site, reminding me to bring "early entry camping ticket" .... Whats this? Where do I get this ticket? Is it different to my weekend camping ticket? How / where do I purchase this?

Thx in advance....

⭐️ELECTRIC ⚡️PICNIC!!⭐️The Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow Tent goes up in Stradbally today! ❤️🎪❤️ Spending the next week building a Carnival Wonderland for you me darlin’s! ❤️☠️⚓️ xx You’re so welcome! xx You’re so worth it! 💋xx You know I Love you! Xx #jerryfishelectricsideshow Electric Picnic⭐️Our tent is twice as big as last year!⭐️ Going to need a whole lotta LOVE to fill it! Roll Up! Roll Up! ❤️☠️⚓️xx Ireland’s biggest Arts & Music festival x Let’s Party!❤️☠️⚓️xx

Woohoo Jerry has a bigger tent this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Have booked my ticket, but got mail welcoming me to Pink Moon camp site, reminding me to bring "early entry camping ticket" .... Whats this? Where do I get this ticket? Is it different to my weekend camping ticket? How / where do I purchase this?

Thx in advance....

It’s the early entry ticket, if you didn’t purchase early entry then don’t worry about it, my pink moon email had all that guff in it too and I’m not doing early entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Thx in advance....
    the campsites open on Thursday, but if you want to enter then, you need to buy an "early entry" ticket.
    if you're just planning on going down on Friday like most people, then you don't need to do anything else, just ignore it, all you need is your EP ticket, and your Pink Moon booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Was half hoping that Jenny Greene and the RTE Concert Orchestra would be announced to play a few bangers. One of my many highlights from last year, despite a few scauldys rambling about! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Jees im delighted Jerry fish tent is bigger.

I’m in full excitement mode now.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

King Kong Company playing Friday or Sunday, judging by their FB post

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

People chatting about being cold. I had a proper tightener last year on the Thursday night. Hands, feet and face were ice cold getting in the tent for bed and I just lay there shivering for what felt like hours. Parts of the flysheet were frosty during the night! I thought I was prepared enough - hoodie, hat, gloves, 4 season sleeping bag. That night really wrecked me tbh and I'd happily take light cloud cover to make sure it's bearable at night.

I don't really know what else I can do for this year. Bought thicker thermal gloves, a fleece lined hoodie, and a fur lined deerstalker type hat that fastens under the chin. Sexy! Hoping that night was an outlier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

People chatting about being cold. I had a proper tightener last year on the Thursday night. Hands, feet and face were ice cold getting in the tent for bed and I just lay there shivering for what felt like hours. Parts of the flysheet were frosty during the night! I thought I was prepared enough - hoodie, hat, gloves, 4 season sleeping bag. That night really wrecked me tbh and I'd happily take light cloud cover to make sure it's bearable at night.

I don't really know what else I can do for this year. Bought thicker thermal gloves, a fleece lined hoodie, and a fur lined deerstalker type hat that fastens under the chin. Sexy! Hoping that night was an outlier though.

The base you sleep on is really important, if not insulated its incredibly difficult to warm up.
    I've used several different types of air beds in the past, but only dawned on me after a few years that they're not insulated (after all you are floating on a column of cold air, body will never heat that up), and can stay cold particularly of temps are say <10deg.
    I prefer a sleeping mat + bring an extra sleeping bag unfold and use as a sheet. In total I'll have x3 sleeping bags its a lot of volume but not much weight to carry. In one sleeping bag + 1 underneath +1 spare in case we get temps like 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Just looking at the Map, no shower icon outside of pink moon or guest/performer camp sites?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement