Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Just looking at the Map, no shower icon outside of pink moon or guest/performer camp sites?

That’s why they’re called ‘the great unwashed’.

#snob.

Colter Wall, my lord he’s very very good, only man that can make country sound good since Johnny Cash,and doesn’t sound to dissimilar to him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

The base you sleep on is really important, if not insulated its incredibly difficult to warm up.
    I've used several different types of air beds in the past, but only dawned on me after a few years that they're not insulated (after all you are floating on a column of cold air, body will never heat that up), and can stay cold particularly of temps are say <10deg.
    I prefer a sleeping mat + bring an extra sleeping bag unfold and use as a sheet. In total I'll have x3 sleeping bags its a lot of volume but not much weight to carry. In one sleeping bag + 1 underneath +1 spare in case we get temps like 2011.

I took a picnic blanket with me last year, one of those with insulation/waterproof on one side.. put my inflatable bed on that and it worked a treat..

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Poorside wrote: »
    Colter Wall, my lord he’s very very good, only man that can make country sound good since Johnny Cash,and doesn’t sound to dissimilar to him either.

He's great isn't he. Had his album a while now. He's only 23! What a voice.

Although not playing EP, check.out John Moreland, in particular his album In the Throes. One of the best albums Ive heard in the last 20 years or so. Flew to Bristol to see him a couple of weeks ago. Stunning stuff

Have a listen

https://youtu.be/4hIINu8KDy4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

The base you sleep on is really important, if not insulated its incredibly difficult to warm up.
    I've used several different types of air beds in the past, but only dawned on me after a few years that they're not insulated (after all you are floating on a column of cold air, body will never heat that up), and can stay cold particularly of temps are say <10deg.
    I prefer a sleeping mat + bring an extra sleeping bag unfold and use as a sheet. In total I'll have x3 sleeping bags its a lot of volume but not much weight to carry. In one sleeping bag + 1 underneath +1 spare in case we get temps like 2011.

lidl have a "thermal" self inflating mat on a the moment
    (no idea what what its like)
    the normal ones do me fine, i do have my missus to sponge heat off though!
    i do remember a few cold nights all right, thermal longsleeve, fleeces, decent socks and wearing a beanie in bed has done the job

i'd say a lot of newbies are caught out with the cold in the nightime,
    the first year we went we, were taken aback by the cold once the light goes down,
    thank fck we brought enough clothes, i go around in a beanie, fleece and a heavy hoodie

its the flipside i hate, when you wake up and your tent is like a sauna,
    literally crawling out of the tent for air in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Poorside wrote: »

Not on the bill but try Jason Isbel last two/three albums for immense new honest country music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

For those worrying about a Prodigy/St. Vincent clash all looks good. She's on the main stage according to today's Irish Times, and should be reliable as they've got the stage times. See last paragraph:

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/st-vincent-our-forever-vbf-1.3599318

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Not on the bill but try Jason Isbel last two/three albums for immense new honest country music.

Agreed 100%. Olympia last October was my gig of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Just looking at the Map, no shower icon outside of pink moon or guest/performer camp sites?
    Nivea do the showers in the general campsites, they're in Hendrix on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was half hoping that Jenny Greene and the RTE Concert Orchestra would be announced to play a few bangers. One of my many highlights from last year, despite a few scauldys rambling about! :)

I thought it was announced already, the history of hip hop and then jenny greene in the Rankin Woods on Friday night, same as last year I think. I remember the lanyards omitted the info about rankin woods on Friday for the last 2 years.

https://2fm.rte.ie/2fm-shows/2fm-live-electric-picnic/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

I thought it was announced already, the history of hip hop and then jenny greene in the Rankin Woods on Friday night, same as last year I think. I remember the lanyards omitted the info about rankin woods on Friday for the last 2 years.

https://2fm.rte.ie/2fm-shows/2fm-live-electric-picnic/
    That article is from last year

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

Yeah we got new inflatable sleeping mats for this year but going to bring the old ones as well to put underneath. Our sleeping bags are pretty cumbersome as it is, suppose we could get thin ones or bring a blanket for an extra layer as well. Trying to pack light is a nightmare!

tonto123 wrote: »

It says 2018 to the side and I don't care anyway as I typed 2018 in the search and so it is 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

Yeah we got new inflatable sleeping mats for this year but going to bring the old ones as well to put underneath. Our sleeping bags are pretty cumbersome as it is, suppose we could get thin ones or bring a blanket for an extra layer as well. Trying to pack light is a nightmare!

I always wear the base layers at night. Got the top and bottoms in sports direct for very small money. I put them on late evening and it keeps me toasty warm all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

tonto123 wrote: »

The History of Hip Hop is definitely happening this year. It was brilliant last year, highly recommended.

Haven't heard anything about Jenny Greene this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

The History of Hip Hop is definitely happening this year. It was brilliant last year, highly recommended.

Haven't heard anything about Jenny Greene this year.
    Yes the article is last year, only mó k thing announced this year so far anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Better line up next week than this week's big gig in Croke Park

It says 2018 to the side and I don't care anyway as I typed 2018 in the search and so it is 2018.

Fair chance though that Jenny Greene could be a special announcement next week. One can only hope to be so blessed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Put it on there while switching chanels...just smiled to myself thinking what il be doing this time next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

My friend bought three family tickets off someone on toutless. Said that we'll just get put into the regualar campsite when they realize we're not a family and have no kids with us. Does anyone know because looking up online though I can't see anything about this being the case?
    They will let you in to normal campsite no bother. Just say you managed to get a baby sitter if you are asked. You just won't be allowed in family campsite without a child with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    For those worrying about a Prodigy/St. Vincent clash all looks good. She's on the main stage according to today's Irish Times, and should be reliable as they've got the stage times. See last paragraph:

Thanks for this.

I presume Kendrick is the Saturday night?

Thanks for this.

I presume Kendrick is the Saturday night?

Consensus seems to be the Friday? But I've no idea.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Consensus seems to be the Friday? But I've no idea.

I think he's playing around Philadelphia on Saturday, so i think it's Friday for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Nice spot - cheers :)

Still have my DJ Koze vs St. Vincent personal nightmare clash to worry about but at least Prodigy can’t be at the same time as both of them now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

What's the thoughts on line up days. The poster would suggest;
    Fri KL
    Sat MA
    Sun Prodigy?

What's the thoughts on line up days. The poster would suggest;
    Fri KL
    Sat MA
    Sun Prodigy?

Yup, that’s what it’s looking like

Well this is my lot, no doubt I'll find other stuff and perhaps the odd trad session too.

The Prodigy
    Death Grips (Hopefully not clashing with Prodigy).
    Scarlxrd
    Massive Attack
    Kendrick Lamar (Might check some of his set.)
    Nina Kravis
    CHVRCHES
    Cigarettes After Sex
    Denis Sulta
    DJ Koze
    Friendly Fires
    Gomez
    Mavis Staples
    Inner Circle
    King Kong Company
    Sevadaliza
    Neil Flynn
    Bon Voyage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

niallers1 wrote: »
    They will let you in to normal campsite no bother. Just say you managed to get a baby sitter if you are asked. You just won't be allowed in family campsite without a child with you.

Smooth move to offer those family camping tickets as a swap for regular ones on toutless. They’re limited and would seem a waste otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Well this is my lot, no doubt I'll find other stuff and perhaps the odd trad session too.

The Prodigy
    Death Grips (Hopefully not clashing with Prodigy).
    Scarlxrd
    Massive Attack
    Kendrick Lamar (Might check some of his set.)
    Nina Kravis
    CHVRCHES
    Cigarettes After Sex
    Denis Sulta
    DJ Koze
    Friendly Fires
    Gomez
    Mavis Staples
    Inner Circle
    King Kong Company
    Sevadaliza
    Neil Flynn
    Bon Voyage

Nice list
    Serious buzz for Kendrick Lamar, I've forced myself to listen, not feeling it. But given the hype I'll try to check him out depending clashes....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement