Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Done checking out new stuff now, this is my list (expecting a lot of clashes obviously, otherwise I'd do nothing except watch music for the entire weekend):
    Massive Attack
    Death Grips
    NERD
    Kendrick Lamar
    King Krule
    Ash
    Sevdaliza
    These Charming Men
    St Vincent
    Scarlxrd
    Le Galaxie
    Cathy Davey
    The Murder Capital
    Bad Bones
    Colter Wall
    The Blaze
    Gundelach
    The Oreilles
    Mik Pyro
    The Prodigy
    Barq
    Hak Baker
    Garbage
    The Frank and Walters
    Friendly Fires
    Felix da housecat
    Daithi
    Chvrches
    Neil Flynn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Carlow weather pointing out something quite practical....soil moisture deficit 70mm, will be difficult to drive tent pegs into the ground....

Check out @CarlowWeather’;s tweet

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1032722687536365568?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Have a few more to check out but so far.

Nerd
    Nile Rodgers
    Massive Attack
    Fontaines DC
    Pillow Queens
    Bitch Falcon
    Roadhouse doors
    Galway street club
    Charming men
    Hak Baker
    Modern Strangers
    Sigird
    Garbage
    Gomez
    Colter wall
    St. Vincent
    Ash
    Chvrches
    Friendly Fires
    Five grand stereo
    Gang of youths
    Yellow days
    The Prodigy
    Wolf Alice
    Katie Laffin
    Hermitage green

That’s 26, if I see half of them I’ll be happy.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Carlow weather pointing out something quite practical....soil moisture deficit 70mm, will be difficult to drive tent pegs into the ground....

Check out @CarlowWeather’;s tweet

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1032722687536365568?s=09

Time to buy shares in a mallet factory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Here's mine. Gonna miss a lot of these, but there ya go. A very solid line up.

chvrches
    pillow queens
    wolf alice
    engine alley
    whenyoung
    james canty
    le galaxie
    frank and walters
    gomez
    soak
    colter wall
    ham sandwich
    ash
    the pale
    friendly fires
    mavis staples
    massive attack
    st,vincent
    stella donnelly
    CHIC
    sigrid
    NERD
    the orielles
    otherkin
    orchid collective
    cigarettes after sex
    KKC
    prodigy
    pale rivers
    sleaford mods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Nice list
    Serious buzz for Kendrick Lamar, I've forced myself to listen, not feeling it. But given the hype I'll try to check him out depending clashes....

It may not work live - mixed reports from Longitude, rave reviews from the 3Arena earlier this year. Never seen him but for me he's by far the smartest and most talented hip-hop artist out there. Last album was great, as was his first but the second release To Pimp a Butterfly is an outright masterpiece. The involvement of Snoop, George Clinton, Thundercat & Kamasi Washington lifts it up amongst the best albums of this new century. Hoping for something special next Friday.

chvrches
    pillow queens
    wolf alice
    engine alley
    whenyoung
    james canty
    le galaxie
    frank and walters
    gomez
    soak
    colter wall
    ham sandwich
    ash
    the pale
    friendly fires
    mavis staples
    massive attack
    st,vincent
    stella donnelly
    CHIC
    sigrid
    NERD
    the orielles
    otherkin
    orchid collective
    cigarettes after sex
    KKC
    prodigy
    pale rivers
    sleaford mods

What are Pale rivers like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

chvrches
    pillow queens
    wolf alice
    engine alley
    whenyoung
    james canty
    le galaxie
    frank and walters
    gomez
    soak
    colter wall
    ham sandwich
    ash
    the pale
    friendly fires
    mavis staples
    massive attack
    st,vincent
    stella donnelly
    CHIC
    sigrid
    NERD
    the orielles
    otherkin
    orchid collective
    cigarettes after sex
    KKC
    prodigy
    pale rivers
    sleaford mods

Seen engine alley in Jerry fish 2016 I think, waste of time with sound bleed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Seen engine alley in Jerry fish 2016 I think, waste of time with sound bleed

i was there that day too. Loved it/

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Funny looking at everyones list it looks like the "meet up" will happen a good few times over the weekend and we won't know it..
    So here's a question have you got a guilty pleasure in the line up? An act you might go see if at a loose end or a mate could twist your arm. For me it's probably Dua Lipa if nothing else is on and I'm in the main area I'd probably go check her out.

• Advertisement

haitens wrote: »
    Funny looking at everyones list it looks like the "meet up" will happen a good few times over the weekend and we won't know it..
    So here's a question have you got a guilty pleasure in the line up? An act you might go see if at a loose end or a mate could twist your arm. For me it's probably Dua Lipa if nothing else is on and I'm in the main area I'd probably go check her out.

If you keep seeing a lad that looks like a cross between Brad Pitt and Chris Hemsworth come over and say hello. I’ll be near him looking shifty.

No real guilty pleasure in there, will probably be dragged along to Dua Lipa though, so that’ll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

After spending the last 2 weeks or so doing a good bit of research my list is looking like:
    Chic
    Chvrches
    The Prodigy
    The Blaze
    Cigarettes After Sex
    Friendly Fires
    Jungle
    Mall Grab
    Denis Sulta
    DJ Koze
    Peggy Gou
    La Femme
    Columbia Mills
    Wolf Alice
    Sorcha Richardson
    Krystal Klear
    Joey Negro
    Sleep Thieves
    The Modern Strangers
    Gundelach

Plenty of acts on the maybe list that I would go to if my friends wanted to see them or if I was in the arena at the time. Also not including all of the regular Irish acts and DJs that are usually some of the highlights (Mother, Get Down Edits, Kellyanne Byrne etc.). The lists usually go to ****e when the timetable comes out and when I am having the craic in Stradbally so if I got to see half of the above I would consider that a success!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Do the shuttle buses from Portlaoise drop you off at the abbeyleix road or the timahoe road?

After spending the last 2 weeks or so doing a good bit of research my list is looking like:
    Chic
    Chvrches
    The Prodigy
    The Blaze
    Cigarettes After Sex
    Friendly Fires
    Jungle
    Mall Grab
    Denis Sulta
    DJ Koze
    Peggy Gou
    La Femme
    Columbia Mills
    Wolf Alice
    Sorcha Richardson
    Krystal Klear
    Joey Negro
    Sleep Thieves
    The Modern Strangers
    Gundelach

Plenty of acts on the maybe list that I would go to if my friends wanted to see them or if I was in the arena at the time. Also not including all of the regular Irish acts and DJs that are usually some of the highlights (Mother, Get Down Edits, Kellyanne Byrne etc.). The lists usually go to ****e when the timetable comes out and when I am having the craic in Stradbally so if I got to see half of the above I would consider that a success!

Think I saw about 25% of what I wanted last year, mainly because Friday was a write off.
    Loved The haunt though.

Just realised the final line up poster is yet to be released. The poster normally has everything on it Comedy, Salty Dog, Theatre Of Food and a good bit else isn't on it. Gets my hopes up for a few acts to be added. I can still dream The Manics, Johnny Marr, or James could be added. Just being greedy now.

Just realised the final line up poster is yet to be released. The poster normally has everything on it Comedy, Salty Dog, Theatre Of Food and a good bit else isn't on it. Gets my hopes up for a few acts to be added. I can still dream The Manics, Johnny Marr, or James could be added. Just being greedy now.

And Paul Weller.

Watching 8 out of 10 cats and just realised the comedy tent has a few I want to see as well, David O Doherty and Chris Kent.

Poorside wrote: »
    And Paul Weller.

Ah now that'd be beyond greedy:)

Ah now that'd be beyond greedy:)

Fair enough, I’ll take The style council, minus the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

Anyone know where to get a good box/bag of wine?

• Advertisement

i was there that day too. Loved it/

Same here. Was inside the tent and heard no bleed at all. Lead singer still a wee bit of a headcase.

Mine for my sins is Johnny Logan. Could have my arm twisted to see Dua Lipa also. Keep hearing that she's pretty good. Keep listening and don't get it. Happy to be proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

Do the shuttle buses from Portlaoise drop you off at the abbeyleix road or the timahoe road?

Think it might do a loop into Portlaoise via the Stradbally road and up the Dublin road or vice versa. They will drop you off along the way, but don't think it goes out the Timahoe road or out the Abbeyleix road.
    It picks up also at the Killeshin hotel and at the train station, and probably some other point in the town centre, every half hour. Takes about 15 mins to get out to Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    For my sins mine is Johnny Logan. Could have my arm twisted to see Dua Lipa also. Keep hearing that she's pretty good. Keep listening and don't get it. Happy to be proved wrong.

this conundrum is easy....
    she does her two big hits last in the set
    (which are cracking songs in all fairness)
    drift along and do 20mins, thats my plan
    beware the orange girls though!!

no logan for me thanks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Yes. Marks & Spencer

• Registered Users Posts: 34 wes16586

Aldi is selling a bag of Merlot 1.5ltr for 13 euro. Looks pretty decent but have yet to taste.

On another note, it looks like RTE are doing zero TV coverage of EP. My plan was to arrive home on Monday in a hoop with the fear and watch the RTE 2 highlights, laying on the couch. Just looked up Virgin TV listings and RTE website listings and nada. They're showing a movie instead on Friday/Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

i didn't notice....
    do we know when denis sulta is on?
    much enjoying his boiler room on YT,

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

wes16586 wrote: »
    Aldi is selling a bag of Merlot 1.5ltr for 13 euro. Looks pretty decent but have yet to taste.

On another note, it looks like RTE are doing zero TV coverage of EP. My plan was to arrive home on Monday in a hoop with the fear and watch the RTE 2 highlights, laying on the couch. Just looked up Virgin TV listings and RTE website listings and nada. They're showing a movie instead on Friday/Saturday.

Maybe it will go back to radio coverage which can be the source of some nice audio rips at some point, thanks to Audacity. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

wes16586 wrote: »

Always recorded it myself but it's been ****e for years. Don't know the year but I remember Tom Dunne doing it one year (maybe more) and it was good. I think the problem is getting the rights to broadcast acts is pricey, but if they set up cameras at the Salty Dog Other Voices and a few mobile cams around Trailer Park and Body And Soul. I reckon they'd get a better reflection of the festival and show what they can of main stage and EA. But all they show is bits of main stage and presenters talking about crap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement