Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Mine will be Picture This.. One of the girls in my group is a huge fan and never seen them.. In fairness she has come with the rest of us to see all sorts over the past years so we'll have to repay this year..

Your a true friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm up at 6 every working day, and now my brain naturally wakes at that time, even after a night of alcohol.
    That's one thing I'm dreading about the picnic :(

Get some valium

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

I normally am too.  We can have the office workers early morning meet up and hangover chat. I'll be in eco

So will I!
    Same! If you hear a can crack in eco at 5.50am that'll be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

declanleo wrote: »
    Get some valium

Jesus! Is that not a sledgehammer solution? Never had valium in my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I pop them when I want a good kip at a festival if
    I am wide awake😉

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Plague Maiden

The weather's not gonna be great and it's gonna get mucky, but at least we know in advance. It's the hope that kills you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Plague Maiden

Nah, valium is fine. Takes the edge off things. It's an absolute festival essential for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Couple of questions. How far is it from Hendrix to Pink Moon? I am considering the Heineken Cool Rooms which are in Hendrix, and I’m wondering how far of a walk it will be to collect my cans from Hendrix back to my campsite, pink moon.

Also, any tips for keeping your drinks cold in Pink Moon (or in general)? Do they provide ice?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ugh this time next week I’ll be fcuking dying, trying to pack a tent into a bag that it won’t fit in. It’ll be sunny, but wet and clammy. I’ll be questioning why I ate that breakfast roll, thirsty and dreading the hail back to the car with the gear

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ugh this time next week I’ll be fcuking dying, trying to pack a tent into a bag that it won’t fit in. It’ll be sunny, but wet and clammy. I’ll be questioning why I ate that breakfast roll, thirsty and dreading the hail back to the car with the gear

Then I’ll realise it’s only Sunday and be really pissed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Christ, Dtp, give us a chance to enjoy the fecking thing first!

You do know this time next week you will still have a whole day and night left..

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah, These Charming Men and Mick Flannery clashing. That's the start of it now.

Saw that. Friend is a big MF fan but he''ll need a welder to get me out of Salty Dog when TCM are playing

JustShay wrote: »
    You do know this time next week you will still have a whole day and night left..

I do, hence my follow up post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Mine will be Picture This.. One of the girls in my group is a huge fan and never seen them.. In fairness she has come with the rest of us to see all sorts over the past years so we'll have to repay this year..

You might need that 3000mm hydrostatic head tent during picture this......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

BBC have some good vids from Readiing/Leeds with some EP headliners...Nerd, Wolf Alice, Dua Lipa, Kooks.....https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e4c84f/play

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

The weather's not gonna be great and it's gonna get mucky, but at least we know in advance. It's the hope that kills you.

You're getting this from where? Everywhere is giving a generally dry weekend, possibly a few showers.

Couple of questions. How far is it from Hendrix to Pink Moon? I am considering the Heineken Cool Rooms which are in Hendrix, and I’m wondering how far of a walk it will be to collect my cans from Hendrix back to my campsite, pink moon.

Also, any tips for keeping your drinks cold in Pink Moon (or in general)? Do they provide ice?

Its pretty far 30-40 minutes round trip power walking and without interuption. Plus they don't like your type around those parts:p they can smell the pink moon poshness in downtown shanty town!

Get some bucket like container, take it in empty, fill at the drinking water points in pink moon. Throw your cans In, over night they'll cool significantly. They won't be ice cold but bearable. You could top up with a bag of ice per day.

https://twitter.com/EpCountdown/status/769656273553989632?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Is anyone packed?

Not a tap done

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Its too far. Don’t do it. There is nowhere to buy ice in Pink Moon. You’ll have to come prepared with a cooler and walk to supermarket one of the days to buy top up ice.

• Advertisement

CantonaGod wrote: »
    BBC have some good vids from Readiing/Leeds with some EP headliners...Nerd, Wolf Alice, Dua Lipa, Kooks.....https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e4c84f/play

They played two live tracks from the Kooks at L/R on BBC radio1 seemed like a brilliant athmosphere. Can't say I'm a Kooks fan, but if free will check them out.

Is anyone packed?

Not a tap done

Last bit to do

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Its pretty far 30-40 minutes round trip power walking and without interuption. Plus they don't like your type around those parts:p they can smell the pink moon poshness in downtown shanty town!

Get some bucket like container, take it in empty, fill at the drinking water points in pink moon. Throw your cans In, over night they'll cool significantly. They won't be ice cold but bearable. You could top up with a bag of ice per day.

https://twitter.com/EpCountdown/status/769656273553989632?s=09

Haha nice one dude! Great find with that chart! I have done peasant camping multiple times already and thought I’d treat myself now that I’m in my late 20s… also great advice I’m gonna bring a big bucket!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Need a bit of advice folks. Because my wife's work is lame, won't be leaving till 4.30pm from newlands cross, so traffic will be balls. I will be sitting at home on my tod all day long going mad. So, would it be at all worth it to go down myself first thing Fri, set up the tent and drop the bags to save a bit of time, then head back up to dublin? Or is that totally pointless and a waste of time and stupid.

Need a bit of advice folks. Because my wife's work is lame, won't be leaving till 4.30pm from newlands cross, so traffic will be balls. I will be sitting at home on my tod all day long going mad. So, would it be at all worth it to go down myself first thing Fri, set up the tent and drop the bags to save a bit of time, then head back up to dublin? Or is that totally pointless and a waste of time and stupid.

Your Mrs will still have to go through security, but should be able to squeeze through easily with no gear, you can skip ahead to your tent though and start getting your drunk on if you like while she's queuing... I wouldn't recommend that though.
    It's also pass the day for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

How much wine are you allowed to bring in, in non glass containers?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

I would 100% go down early on Friday and set up. I don’t think I could sit around all day waiting. It also means when you come back down with the mrs you’re ready to go wherever you want. Depending on where you plant to camp it could be very full by the time you get down in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

haitens wrote: »
    Funny looking at everyones list it looks like the "meet up" will happen a good few times over the weekend and we won't know it..
    So here's a question have you got a guilty pleasure in the line up? An act you might go see if at a loose end or a mate could twist your arm. For me it's probably Dua Lipa if nothing else is on and I'm in the main area I'd probably go check her out.

Mines George Ezra, not a massive fan but I think his voice is lovely and he has a good couple of sing alongs. Id sit and watch him on a sunmy afternoon!

Do what im doing with my husband and let them get the bus down! Im driving down, setting it all up and hes hopping on the bus to meet me afterwards.... and find me drunk underneath a flat tent, instructions ripped to pieces :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Graham1978 wrote: »
    How much wine are you allowed to bring in, in non glass containers?

into the campsite or the arena?

Campsite, I've brought 3 box's in before and not even a blink.
    Arena: If small ,<500ml, and sealed. If open only after 1am.

• Advertisement

Seeing as your missus is gonna be luggage free, you should go and set up camp, let her get the bus to Portlaoise and taxi out to the picnic. That way you can be nicely drunk when she arrives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement