Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

everlast75 wrote: »
    Is anyone packed?

Not a tap done

Trial run done, going on Thursday evening so this should be a breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Dermwex

My Wife performed dance/pole in Jerry fish last year and again this year. Great buzz about the tent! Cannot wait!!ðŸ˜

Poorside wrote: »

Where did you get those trolleys? They look ideal!

Rubysky wrote: »
    Where did you get those trolleys? They look ideal!

1 in Aldi last year and 1 in Halfords a few weeks back, both were about €60, make some difference

Galway street club playing Trailer Park at 12:30 on the Friday night and Salty dog at 1:30 Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Am I right in thinking that eco amping this year will be linear between all those saplings rather than pitching 3/4 tents round the campfire style?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Need a bit of advice folks. Because my wife's work is lame, won't be leaving till 4.30pm from newlands cross, so traffic will be balls. I will be sitting at home on my tod all day long going mad. So, would it be at all worth it to go down myself first thing Fri, set up the tent and drop the bags to save a bit of time, then head back up to dublin? Or is that totally pointless and a waste of time and stupid.

Tell her to get the bus down. It won't go down well at first but;
    1. You'll have all the gear set up and ready to go, she just has to arrive and open a beer.
    2. The bus gets into EP much quicker than a car.
    3. Leaving Newlands at 430 means you'll get a really rubbish spot for your tent.
    4. Leaving Newlands at 430 means it's going to be 8pm by the time you're watching a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Here's mine. Gonna miss a lot of these, but there ya go. A very solid line up.

chvrches
    pillow queens
    wolf alice
    engine alley
    whenyoung
    james canty
    le galaxie
    frank and walters
    gomez
    soak
    colter wall
    ham sandwich
    ash
    the pale
    friendly fires
    mavis staples
    massive attack
    st,vincent
    stella donnelly
    CHIC
    sigrid
    NERD
    the orielles
    otherkin
    orchid collective
    cigarettes after sex
    KKC
    prodigy
    pale rivers
    sleaford mods

Thanks, that saves me making mine...

I'll be the one in the Highlanders top.....
    Kiwi Highlanders? Been down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tell her to get the bus down. It won't go down well at first but;
    1. You'll have all the gear set up and ready to go, she just has to arrive and open a beer.
    2. The bus gets into EP much quicker than a car.
    3. Leaving Newlands at 430 means you'll get a really rubbish spot for your tent.
    4. Leaving Newlands at 430 means it's going to be 8pm by the time you're watching a band.

genuine question, but how is the bus much quicker than a car? i'd have thought once it gets onto the N7 it's stuck in the same lanes and traffic as all the cars, onto the M7 and small roads around Stradbally?

train to Portlaoise would be quicker as there's no traffic to deal with for most of the journey?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

ewj1978 wrote: »
    into the campsite or the arena?

Campsite, I've brought 3 box's in before and not even a blink.
    Arena: If small ,<500ml, and sealed. If open only after 1am.

Into the Campsite, I’ll be putting it into plastic bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Need a bit of advice folks. Because my wife's work is lame, won't be leaving till 4.30pm from newlands cross, so traffic will be balls. I will be sitting at home on my tod all day long going mad. So, would it be at all worth it to go down myself first thing Fri, set up the tent and drop the bags to save a bit of time, then head back up to dublin? Or is that totally pointless and a waste of time and stupid.

Was considering similar a few years back, head was wrecked!! Thankfully it didn't happen and left at a normal time.
    The big question is are you planning to setup then head back to collect? The only way I can see this working is if you buy an early entry Thursday, setup and back home Thursday night. It would be impossible going against the traffic flow on Friday.
    Aside from this I'd be heading early for sure and take another car or bus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

genuine question, but how is the bus much quicker than a car? i'd have thought once it gets onto the N7 it's stuck in the same lanes and traffic as all the cars, onto the M7 and small roads around Stradbally?

train to Portlaoise would be quicker as there's no traffic to deal with for most of the journey?

Well a bus can legally travel at 100km/hr so its just as quick as a car. At the M7 junction near Portlaoise aren't busses sent down a separate route, I assume they skip out the traffic jams. I'd say his is much faster

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

mgkelly wrote: »

Never been to the forsyth Barr... .. On the bucket list though!!

You?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Into the Campsite, I’ll be putting it into plastic bottles

Can't find boxes of wine this year so I'll be bringing 4 litres of red and white. Don't expect any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Picked one of those trolleys up a few weeks back. How do the wheels stand up on roughish ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

sydthebeat wrote: »
    mgkelly wrote: »

Never been to the forsyth Barr... .. On the bucket list though!!

You?
    Sister lives in Dunedin. Lived in Christchurch for a year myself, 2003-04. Beautiful part of the world. First got into rugby down there. Will look out for the shirt. Seen the occasional one about. Saw the Crusaders myself during the hey day of Daniel Carter et Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Before moving home last year I’d been travelling to EP from abroad via Dublin. I’ve used a variety of routes to get to the festival and the coach is by far the quickest. Bus lanes for getting out of the city then the Gardai divert you on a route through Stradbally Village. The coach stops just outside Hendrix & Warhol campsites, the entry point isn’t usually very busy and I once took 105 minutes from stepping on the coach to having the tent set up in Warhol. Pals who’d left Dublin at the same time arrived to pitch tents 160 minutes after me. The wait wasn’t much fun but somehow I found solace in cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

1 in Aldi last year and 1 in Halfords a few weeks back, both were about €60, make some difference

Mine is the business, carries everything bar my backpack.

Picked one of those trolleys up a few weeks back. How do the wheels stand up on roughish ground?

Only issue I had last year was mud getting caught on the mudguards, that was tha Lidl one, the Halfords one has better clearance on it so should be grand, no problem on the rough ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Gift, was the halfords one i picked up, only thing i need to get now is a bit of plastic sheeting to cover the contents should the weather be inclement.

off to woodies i go ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Le Boom saying “Big announcement on Tuesday morning” on instagram. Could we be getting a final announcement ... hmmmmm ??

Le Boom saying “Big announcement on Tuesday morning” on instagram. Could we be getting a final announcement ... hmmmmm ??

Aren’t we getting main arena stage times tomorrow?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sadie9 wrote: »
    Think it might do a loop into Portlaoise via the Stradbally road and up the Dublin road or vice versa. They will drop you off along the way, but don't think it goes out the Timahoe road or out the Abbeyleix road.
    It picks up also at the Killeshin hotel and at the train station, and probably some other point in the town centre, every half hour. Takes about 15 mins to get out to Stradbally.

Yea i got the one from the train station in 2013??? I think it dropped us off at Hendrix , but this year im in Pink Moon so i was hoping to get dropped off as close to that as possible ha

Can't find any on the Halfords page. Anyone got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Cosby stage times are coming out Tuesday morning so their big announcement will probably be they are playing there on the Saturday night of EP (as billybonkers pointed out).

Rubysky wrote: »
    Can't find any on the Halfords page. Anyone got a link?

Can’t send a link direct to it but it’s called, urban escape heavy duty folding trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Why not head down and set up camp for the weekend. Get herself to bus it down by getting the shuttle bus to the site from George's quay or bus areas.they will drop her outside Hendrix. Leaving at 4.30 gets you down around 6.30,7.30 before you get in with your gear and 8.30 before you can start enjoying yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Anyone know where to get a good box/bag of wine?

M&S do 1.5l bags of wine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Looking like we'll have more people at Kendrick Lamar on Friday than the Pope managed in the Park today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Looking like we'll have more people at Kendrick Lamar on Friday than the Pope managed in the Park today.

Ah sure the Pope wouldn't even get a support slot for Ed Sheeran these days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement