Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Surely Arctic Monkeys will be on tour in 2018 and would be a great addition.

Thought they were boring as **** the last time they played , Seemed to be going through the motions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Thought they were boring as **** the last time they played , Seemed to be going through the motions

Tar all with one brush statement but they seem to appeal to the most obnoxious people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

257 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Gutted with the beat yard line up, would love orbital , john talabot and K. Washington.

Booked festihut there so softens the blow somewhat!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Caribou playing Galway Arts Festival in July... I guess that rules them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Killers finishing their tour late in July, would have been very good I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

As much as I love their music i've seen them a few times now and they've never really pulled it out of the bag for me, very much a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

MadYaker wrote: »

Oh ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »

Bad news for EP. Good news for us Galwegians. Caribou in a tent by the river next July could be a highlight of the Summer. Gotta get booking tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Damn, Caribou is on my wishlist for EP every year and I always convince myself this will be the year. Lots of big acts playing elsewhere in Ireland next summer, will be interesting to see what Picnic has up it's sleeve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Damn, Caribou is on my wishlist for EP every year and I always convince myself this will be the year. Lots of big acts playing elsewhere in Ireland next summer, will be interesting to see what Picnic has up it's sleeve!

He's played at least once, but a fair few years back. Pretty sure that Snaith has DJ'd there also but long long overdue a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

We're running out of bands, lads. No sooner is an appetizing act mentioned in here than the bastards announce a stand alone gig somewhere in Ireland. It's starting to feel like a conspiracy.
    On the plus side, I've spent the day listening to The The and thinking happy thoughts about the Iveagh Gardens in the Summer. Pity. They would have been some craic in the Electric Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I see Fat Freddys Drop touring in Europe this summer. Anyone heard of them before? Superb live kiwi band that played once before & were memorable. Seen them twice so far. Would be good.
    Caribou played a handful of years ago & was great. I think the same year had that weird dude Sohn playing & there seems to be new material coming, so very possible. 
    Isn't Bjork likely? Weird album, tho'! Still, I'm sure a live remix would come with 'added beats'!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Been strong rumours that The Smashing Pumpkins’ original lineup will be getting back together in 2018.

I presume they would do the Festival Circuit if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The Prodigy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

The Prodigy

......are playing? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

Been strong rumours that The Smashing Pumpkins’ original lineup will be getting back together in 2018.

I presume they would do the Festival Circuit if they did.

Peter Hook from Joy Division said his son jack Bates is touring with the Smashing Pumpkins next year as their touring bassist

Snarky Snark Snark

Young MasterBates is no Miss D’Arcy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

No announcements yet, they're gonna have to make announcements soon otherwise we're gonna be burning down other places that are making the earlier announcements. :) Smiley face to show I'm not serious here ha ha.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Never really got into Smashing Pumpkins so it wouldnt bother me if they played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Its gonna be a bit mad qhen headliners are announced given that so many Picnic friendly bands have shows already.

I get the feeling its going to be a great line up or a ****e obe with no real middle ground.

Personally I'd love any or all of the following:

Manics, JAMC, SLF, Blondie, Stereophonics, Frank Turner, John Moreland, Avett Brothers, Killers, Stranglers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

No announcements yet, they're gonna have to make announcements soon otherwise we're gonna be burning down other places that are making the earlier announcements. :) Smiley face to show I'm not serious here ha ha.

Judging by last year, you have a full three months of a wait left. March 23rd last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

With the streets doing a few gigs early next year I wonder could they be in with a shout??

With the streets doing a few gigs early next year I wonder could they be in with a shout??

That could be a great shout

Yea id say they will def turn up , Can see them doing the festival circuit after the current tour.

Why is no one interested in talking about the Picnic feck off with the talk about U2 and Bruce Springsteen.

Snarky Snark Snark

Why is no one interested in talking about the Picnic feck off with the talk about U2 and Bruce Springsteen.

There is nothing to discuss at the moment.

Happy Christmas all, may Santa bring us good music, cold beer, warm women and decent weather this year.

There is nothing to discuss at the moment.

Happy Christmas all, may Santa bring us good music, cold beer, warm women and decent weather this year.

And teenagers to kick on the Saturday evening.

Yeah! Thats what I meant to say, merry Xmas everbody, was hoping for a tantaliser of one name or two for the festive season to make up for all these other festival announcements.

• Advertisement

Yeah! Thats what I meant to say, merry Xmas everbody, was hoping for a tantaliser of one name or two for the festive season to make up for all these other festival announcements.

We've agreed, Pearl Jam and Radiohead are playing. Sorted.

Now Happy Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement