Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

ricerocket wrote: »
    Sunday looks like it's by far the strongest line-up. Friday and Saturday look light by comparison.  Plenty for the daytrippers...

This is making me very sad this year. I'm usually quite happy to head home Sunday afternoon to facilitate school run on Monday but this year it will be a wrench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

JustShay wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get a Disposable BBQ? Tesco Liffey has none!?

Woodies or any hardware store https://www.woodies.ie/bar-be-quick-instant-barbecue-841234

Stock everywhere according to that

Garbage’s slot is quite disappointing

Agreed, my partner was looking forward to them the most but we were planning on heading off Sunday morning. Have a decision to make now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on the times this morning, looks all set for a full-scale Prodigy/Koze/Annie clash of the titans.

My heart says Koze, my head says Annie and my friends will all be saying Prodigy...

Any chance St Vincent won’t close the EA on Sunday?

More reliable reporting from the Irish Times on St. Vincent!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Anyone know where to get a Disposable BBQ? Tesco Liffey has none!?

Where would you be lighting it? Not sure if they are allowed in the campsite...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

When is the rave in the woods on? I forget from a few years ago!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

EP signs up on access routes...

Sh!ts getting real.....

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Bit disappointed they're on the main stage and not in the EA. Ah well Am presuming Wolf Alice will be though delighted with that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

ricerocket wrote: »
    Sunday looks like it's by far the strongest line-up. Friday and Saturday look light by comparison.  Plenty for the daytrippers...

Yeah definitely. Jungle, Friendly Fires, Sigrid & Wolf Alice all have on their website that they are playing Saturday so they will probably be in the Electric Arena? Then St Vincent, The Kooks, Jessie Ware, Cigarettes After Sex all have Sunday listed on their websites.. Although so did Chvrches and they're playing Friday!

45 minutes barely worth them travelling. Hopefully a hits set rather than just Version 2.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

declanleo wrote: »
    Why not head down and set up camp for the weekend. Get herself to bus it down by getting the shuttle bus to the site from George's quay or bus areas.they will drop her outside Hendrix. Leaving at 4.30 gets you down around 6.30,7.30 before you get in with your gear and 8.30 before you can start enjoying yourselves.

Cheers for the advice the bus seems like the best option. Now to just get her to agree....

Cheers for the advice the bus seems like the best option. Now to just get her to agree....

Your bigger problem may be persuading her not to take the bus back after she sees how easy it is. Good luck lugging the tent and gear back to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Rfrip wrote: »
    Half five on Sunday is actually a lovely time for chic

agreed delighted with that and mavis staples slots

hopefully be a sunny after noon sunday with inner circle on early too

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Got an All Ireland ticket

If I wanted to leave before 12 on the Sunday ti get back to Dublin is this possible?

Me too!! We are looking at leaving around 10am, bit early but need to grab the tickets back home then head in from Finglas. Plus don't fancy getting stuck in any traffic. Will be heading back straight after the match, hopefully with happy heads on us and celebrate with the evening in the picnic!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Something funny I've noticed, been scrabbling around toutless/adverts and the like for face value tickets (1 of 2 sorted, woo) and a new trend seems to be new users screaming that they'll 'pay with cash'

So you've got a few offers and then a rake of 'WILLING TO TRAVEL AND PAY WITH CASH' 'WILL PAY FOR TICKETS WITH CASH' etc etc.

Am I getting old and are youngsters just not used to parting with large sums of physical currency? If you're buying a ticket off someone on adverts/toutless/donedeal I'm not sure what alternative you're expecting to use, most people don't bother with PayPal if they're selling in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Something funny I've noticed, been scrabbling around toutless/adverts and the like for face value tickets (1 of 2 sorted, woo) and a new trend seems to be new users screaming that they'll 'pay with cash'

So you've got a few offers and then a rake of 'WILLING TO TRAVEL AND PAY WITH CASH' 'WILL PAY FOR TICKETS WITH CASH' etc etc.

Am I getting old and are youngsters just not used to parting with large sums of physical currency? If you're buying a ticket off someone on adverts/toutless/donedeal I'm not sure what alternative you're expecting to use, most people don't bother with PayPal if they're selling in person.

On a tangential point, I saw someone reply

"€500 offered. I'm really sound I swear, pls choose me. Can collect tomorrow"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Who thought putting Prodigy on on the Sunday was a good call!? Sure everyone will be dead, not to mention a lot of people will have physically left..

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Woodies or any hardware store https://www.woodies.ie/bar-be-quick-instant-barbecue-841234

Stock everywhere according to that

Thanks Dude!
    I wouldn't recommend it, the price you pay for it, the hassle of sitting around while it heats up and the obvious fire and tents hazard... You'd be over and back for a bite to eat in no time.
    wacotaco wrote: »
    Where would you be lighting it? Not sure if they are allowed in the campsite...?

Firstly, in Pink Moon it is allowed, once its away from your tent. Secondly, you sound like my girlfriend where I have to sell her the whole idea of a BBQ! Sitting around while it heats up is all part of the BBQ experience. Imagine a crispy Dennys Sausage Sandwich for breakfast, straight off the bawby! Its about the journey of the sausage, from the prep of buying a bbq, the sausages themselves, to lighting it up and waiting patiently for it to cook, whilst sipping on a beer and discussing the previous nights antics or the current nights lineup.

And then there's the BBQ smell. Mmm oh mmmm. fapfapfapfap

To be fair, I probably took it a bit far by impulse buying a little popcorn pan from Tesco (filled with corn) which you place over your charcoal BBQ and it pops the popcorn within foil over the pan. As she said, "why don't you just buy a few bags of Manhattan popcorn?" That's just boring though... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    45 minutes barely worth them travelling. Hopefully a hits set rather than just Version 2.0

Most of the headliners don't have much longer to be fair. NERD and the bed wetters only on for an hour (though obviously the bed wetters have about 4 songs, so fair enough there). Massive Attack only 75 minutes. Fairly ridiculous that the combined headline slots on Saturday are two hours 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

It’s on every night. It’s called Anachronica now. You’ll find it on the map. Starts midnight ish I think. I’ve never made it

• Advertisement

Middle of Hendrix campsite!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Who thought putting Prodigy on on the Sunday was a good call!? Sure everyone will be dead, not to mention a lot of people will have physically left..

my thoughts exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Thanks Dude!

Firstly, in Pink Moon it is allowed, once its away from your tent. Secondly, you sound like my girlfriend where I have to sell her the whole idea of a BBQ! Sitting around while it heats up is all part of the BBQ experience. Imagine a crispy Dennys Sausage Sandwich for breakfast, straight off the bawby! Its about the journey of the sausage, from the prep of buying a bbq, the sausages themselves, to lighting it up and waiting patiently for it to cook, whilst sipping on a beer and discussing the previous nights antics or the current nights lineup.

To be fair, I probably took it a bit far by impulse buying a little popcorn pan from Tesco (filled with corn) which you place over your charcoal BBQ and it pops the popcorn within foil over the pan. As she said, "why don't you just buy a few bags of Manhattan popcorn?" That's just boring though... :rolleyes:

I had a bbq last year. Old school just the charcoal , a grill and a few rocks to support however the security said it was unsafe so we had to put it out. We got the tray of a disposable the next day and that was allowed ( just about though). This was in the joplin area. We had it right outside the tent... maybe the security were just being sound to us. Prob do the same agai nthis year. rashers, sausages , corn on the cob Saturday morn.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

May have been an intentional crowd control measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

does anyone if there any buses that go from EP back to dublin on the sunday afternoon?.... have someone coming with us that has to leave then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Thanks Dude!

:D:D:D:D:D

Any Pink Mooners advise me on the parking. Obviously I see that the Green Car Park is 100 times closer to pink moon than the red is.

Do we get a choice to go to red and green on approach to EP? I've never driven down.

Is there any chance green will be full before red?

Any general advice for a first time driver to EP and Pink Moon campsite is appreciated!

Also, best time to head down on Friday driving? Is 10am too late or will that be peak traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Annani

Got a second ticket in the post just now.

Same ticket number though so I won’t be selling it!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Prodigy are playing Sunday because that’s their slot. They are at another festival in Italy on Friday. They’re arguably the biggest headliner at this stage (at least for the oldies)

And Sunday can be the best night of the weekend, you find that last bit of energy from somewhere. I can’t believe my ancient 38 year old self was dancing away to King Kong Company at 3am Sunday night last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Any Pink Mooners advise me on the parking. Obviously I see that the Green Car Park is 100 times closer to pink moon than the red is.

Do we get a choice to go to red and green on approach to EP? I've never driven down.

Is there any chance green will be full before red?

Any general advice for a first time driver to EP and Pink Moon campsite is appreciated!

Also, best time to head down on Friday driving? Is 10am too late or will that be peak traffic?

Head for Green, you will be fine at 10am. You dont get to chose you will be directed unless you come up through Inch Cross to Stradbally and get up to green that way

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement