Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I don't eve recall going to Hazelwood, can someone confirm to me that it's oustide the arena??

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

JustShay wrote: »
    Any Pink Mooners advise me on the parking. Obviously I see that the Green Car Park is 100 times closer to pink moon than the red is.

Do we get a choice to go to red and green on approach to EP? I've never driven down.

Is there any chance green will be full before red?

Any general advice for a first time driver to EP and Pink Moon campsite is appreciated!

Also, best time to head down on Friday driving? Is 10am too late or will that be peak traffic?

If you want to get into green, approach from Athy - Vicarstown. Don’t approach from Portlaoise or Monasterevin. It’ll be a longer route to drive but shorter walk

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Any Pink Mooners advise me on the parking. Obviously I see that the Green Car Park is 100 times closer to pink moon than the red is.

Do we get a choice to go to red and green on approach to EP? I've never driven down.

Is there any chance green will be full before red?

Any general advice for a first time driver to EP and Pink Moon campsite is appreciated!

Also, best time to head down on Friday driving? Is 10am too late or will that be peak traffic?

Ive tried a few approaches over the years but last year we just followed the directions. Ended up being diverted into red but were able to drive along a path at the back of the red car park and it brought us into the green carpark. Was so easy. Seemed to be loads like ourselves doing it and the stewards were directing us with no problems. Problem I have this year is I need to get to the yellow car park and am coming from the west. Anyone any advice on getting into yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I don't eve recall going to Hazelwood, can someone confirm to me that it's oustide the arena??

Yeah, just swing a right instead of a left for the Salty Dog when coming out of arena. Nice little spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Toobz wrote: »
    Anyone got any decent powerbank suggestions from a bricks and mortar store?

Look on adverts or marketplace on Facebook,plenty of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Got an All Ireland ticket

If I wanted to leave before 12 on the Sunday ti get back to Dublin is this possible?

There is a shuttle mini bus every half hour from the pick up/Taxi area of the Picnic that go into Portlaoise town and drop at the train station / Bus stop (Laois Shopping Centre). Run by Martley's in Portlaoise. €5 per trip. Starts at Sunday at 7.00am.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/travel

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

jobless wrote: »
    does anyone if there any buses that go from EP back to dublin on the sunday afternoon?.... have someone coming with us that has to leave then

See the Travel section:

Marathon travel: Buses return on demand at the following times:

Sunday 02nd September – Midnight, 01:00AM, 02:00AM, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 20:00, 21:00, 22:00, 23:00

Bus Eireann might have some other service on the Sunday.

or Shuttle bus to Portlaoise town and usual public transports from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Youngr on Saturday night. I'm delighted with that, he's fantastic live.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Its interesting seeing an acts on Casa Bacardi at the same time as Massive attack, The sound from Casa Bacardi can be heard at the main Arena, thought they'd close Casa Bacardi down for MA's set after the Mad cool incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

PinkCamper wrote: »
    If you want to get into green, approach from Athy - Vicarstown. Don’t approach from Portlaoise or Monasterevin. It’ll be a longer route to drive but shorter walk

Coming from Dublin I presume I'll be passing through Athy anyway. Appreciate the advice! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

ab4248 wrote: »
    Ive tried a few approaches over the years but last year we just followed the directions. Ended up being diverted into red but were able to drive along a path at the back of the red car park and it brought us into the green carpark. Was so easy. Seemed to be loads like ourselves doing it and the stewards were directing us with no problems. Problem I have this year is I need to get to the yellow car park and am coming from the west. Anyone any advice on getting into yellow?

Its a challenge coming from the West, you really want to be coming from the South up the N80 or from Athy to be sure of getting directed into the yellow Car Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Would I have a chance of getting to Timahoe village and approaching from that side Kepler21?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Coming from Dublin I presume I'll be passing through Athy anyway. Appreciate the advice! :)

It's bypassed so you'll need to make sure you get off the motorway early.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

Anyone know when the full schedule is announced? Most the people I'm looking to see not on the main stages, hopefully that's good news that they won't clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

Thanks Dude!

Firstly, in Pink Moon it is allowed, once its away from your tent. Secondly, you sound like my girlfriend where I have to sell her the whole idea of a BBQ! Sitting around while it heats up is all part of the BBQ experience. Imagine a crispy Dennys Sausage Sandwich for breakfast, straight off the bawby! Its about the journey of the sausage, from the prep of buying a bbq, the sausages themselves, to lighting it up and waiting patiently for it to cook, whilst sipping on a beer and discussing the previous nights antics or the current nights lineup.

And then there's the BBQ smell. Mmm oh mmmm. fapfapfapfap

To be fair, I probably took it a bit far by impulse buying a little popcorn pan from Tesco (filled with corn) which you place over your charcoal BBQ and it pops the popcorn within foil over the pan. As she said, "why don't you just buy a few bags of Manhattan popcorn?" That's just boring though... :rolleyes:

I'm well aware of the BBQ areas, I just don't see the appeal. EP to me is about good craic with good friends, brilliant food from different vendors... I'm well aware what a rashers sandwich tastes like, they're delicious, but there's way better food, without the hassle up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Anyone know of buses going from Galway at 2 or later on the Friday and back Sunday night? It's for my girlfriend, can't see much myself so could be easier for myself to hang around until then and drive :o

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JCreaghy

Could someone please help me, my mother bought 4 family tickets to cover her, my dad and my two little brothers. However each ticket says 1 adult 2 kids. Does that mean she bought two extra tickets? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

JCreaghy wrote: »
    Does that mean she bought two extra tickets? .

Yes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

maximoose wrote: »
    Yes :pac:

depends on the age of the bros, my little bro is 27 :)

12 and under ok. 13-17 no entry

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/family-info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Could someone please help me, my mother bought 4 family tickets to cover her, my dad and my two little brothers. However each ticket says 1 adult 2 kids. Does that mean she bought two extra tickets? Thank you.

Sell em on on adverts.ie, she'll make a fortune. Or, if she has a soul, sell them for face price on toutless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

depends on the age of the bros,

12 and under ok. 13-17 no entry

either way, they have 2 extra tickets....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

either way, they have 2 extra tickets....

depends, my little bro is 27.

OP didn't provide an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

The weather forecast seems to change by the hour.  Looks like it's very uncertain / unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, but you did, 12 and under, or 13-17 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Knex. wrote: »
    Youngr on Saturday night. I'm delighted with that, he's fantastic live.

Just checked him out. This would be great! His version of Sweet Disposition will be amazing, especially in Body & Soul area. That'll be an epic moment!

My only concern is making it until 2:20am! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

I just got an email from ticket master saying there is a problem with the barcode on my ticket and a new one will be shipped to me today.
    Anyone else get this mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm assuming she didn't buy family tickets for children who are actually grown adults :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JCreaghy

They're both 8 and 11, thanks for your help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If the kids are under 12 you parents will also need to register them on the EP website before heading down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

They're both 8 and 11, thanks for your help guys.

Both?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement