Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Does anywhere @ EP sell Gin, preferably pink gin (asking for the wife obviously) 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

bergipau wrote: »
    I just got an email from ticket master saying there is a problem with the barcode on my ticket and a new one will be shipped to me today.
    Anyone else get this mail?

I just got a text and an email from them.
    Dear Customer,

Please read the below email very carefully regarding a very important update about your Electric Picnic ticket(s)

Jot this down...

There was a slight issue with the barcode printed on your ticket which you have already received in the post. This ticket(s) is VOIDED and cannot be used to gain entry into the venue.

Don't worry, new valid ticket(s) are being dispatched today. You will receive them in the post shortly.

The new ticket(s) being dispatched today MUST be used to gain entry to the event.

Anything else?...

That's it for now , we'll be in touch if anything else comes up.

Best wishes,

Ticketmaster

I think this has the potential to be a bit of a disaster. There's going to be a lot of extra tickets floating around for touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Both?

Time travelling flux issue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

JCreaghy wrote: »
    Could someone please help me, my mother bought 4 family tickets to cover her, my dad and my two little brothers. However each ticket says 1 adult 2 kids. Does that mean she bought two extra tickets? Thank you.

just to check, they did buy family camping tickets or are they planning on pitching up in one of the main sites?

I pinkmoon but if they're doing it in the main sites then one of the other posters could likely advise on which would be the best campsite for with kids away from the Mogadishu sites that are very very not kiddie friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stucat94

Does anywhere @ EP sell Gin, preferably pink gin (asking for the wife obviously) ��

It's okay man it's 2018 and we're all very accepting here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

stucat94 wrote: »
    It's okay man it's 2018 and we're all very accepting here

I'm not

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

bergipau wrote: »
    I just got an email from ticket master saying there is a problem with the barcode on my ticket and a new one will be shipped to me today.
    Anyone else get this mail?

Yes just now, bit of c**k up on someone part. I be wary buying tickets now.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Just got text and email from Ticketmaster saying my EP tickets have been voided and new tickets on the way. Anyone else? What a bloody mess 4 days out from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I just got a text and an email from them.

I think this has the potential to be a bit of a disaster. There's going to be a lot of extra tickets floating around for touts.

Potential to be a huge disaster, what about all of the people who sold their tickets onto others? They could easily just resell the new ticket or go themselves now. I would be worried if I bought my ticket second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

maximoose wrote: »
    I'm assuming she didn't buy family tickets for children who are actually grown adults :pac:

I know what you mean but then I read this forum and realise sometimes people don't think the same as you or others.

Like for example the question 'what's the difference between tier 1 @ 150 and tier 2 @ 160 ' pops up quite regularly.

I generally give people a wide berth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Potential to be a huge disaster, what about all of the people who sold their tickets onto others? They could easily just resell the new ticket or go themselves now. I would be worried if I bought my ticket second hand.

Actually yeah, that too. Aw your head would be melted if you bought tickets last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

is that our lot for stage times for the day?
    cant remember, will they drip the rest all week?

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I sense a massive f**k up by Ticketmaster here and could have something to do with the Data Breach earlier this year.

This opens up a can of worms for people who have:

A) sold on tickets that are now voided
    B) bought voided tickets without knowing

Touts will have sold voided tickets and now re sell the re issued ones.

BE VERY CAUTIOUS IF BUYING TICKETS SECOND HAND

ta

Yup tomorrow and Wednesday in Irish Times

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

This is a disaster. I have 2 friends that bought their tickets second hand that are now very worried that they'll be turned away at the entrance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

ta

Yep we will get more tomorrow - Electric Arena, Cosby, Little Big Tent, Mindfield. Then Wednesday we will get the final ones I'm pretty sure.

roly123 wrote: »
    This is a disaster. I have 2 friends that bought their tickets second hand that are now very worried that they'll be turned away at the entrance!

Tell them to call ticketmaster and check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

I sense a massive f**k up by Ticketmaster here and could have something to do with the Data Breach earlier this year.

This opens up a can of worms for people who have:

A) sold on tickets that are now voided
    B) bought voided tickets without knowing

Touts will have sold voided tickets and now re sell the re issued ones.

BE VERY CAUTIOUS IF BUYING TICKETS SECOND HAND

its so easy to get ripped off, i voided my tickets a few years ago
    as i had put an incorrect address on my order with a typo,
    so those tickets were out there somewhere, they were perfectly genuine
    but if you had of turned up with them they would have failed the scanner,

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Tell them to call ticketmaster and check

If it helps, I had this happen to me. Ticket ended up being a cancelled ticket and I couldn't get in. I got in eventually though, but I'll leave that up to your imagination.

Always call ticketmaster to confirm your ticket is legit. And then, go EXTRA early to make sure you get in and its not a duplicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

JustShay wrote: »
    If it helps, I had this happen to me. Ticket ended up being a cancelled ticket and I couldn't get in. I got in eventually though, but I'll leave that up to your imagination.

Always call ticketmaster to confirm your ticket is legit. And then, go EXTRA early to make sure you get in and its not a duplicate.

Can you just ring up and give them the number off the barcode?

Related - the number of people posting pics of tickets with their name and barcodes visible is incredible, I feel like that could definitely be used for nefarious purposes.

This is an absolute nightmare for people like me looking to pick one up - will have to be very careful about which sellers I'm engaging with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Also, if they bought off somebody from Adverts with no previous feedback on their account, it is their fault if they got scammed. I wouldn't buy off Done Deal because it has no Feedback system. I would buy only off Adverts with someone who has Postitive Feedback 10+ and then eBay, which has legally binding agreements between seller and buyer, so more legroom if you were to get scammed and report them for failing to meet the eBay agreement between two parties.

Sidenote: Tickets went on sale last year for €210 or so, so I don't really feel sorry for people buying tickets just days before the event. You're looking at €400 a ticket, your fault for not just coughing up €210 last year. If you get scammed, then you learn. I got scammed. Luckily didn't pay for the ticket yet so didn't lose out, except I got PTSD after it all happened (back in 2013).

Buying tips (coming from someone who got scammed and who has sold on various platforms before):

- Buy ONLY from Adverts.ie from somebody who has been a member for a few years who has 10+ Positive Feedback. Go onto their profile and check when they joined (member since). Also flick through their comments, see if they are legit and not scammy!
    - DO NOT buy from DONE DEAL. End of. No feedback system and the easiet way to scam people on!
    - Buy from eBay as it has legal agreements which can help if you were to dispute a scam (but are you really going to dispute it over a ticket worth €200?). Still better than Done Deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

I just called ticket master and the person I spoke to was useless. She did confirm new tickets were posted out. Glad I didn’t buy tickets second hand.
    Not happy with them at the moment, my credit card company called me Friday and told me they cancelled my card and reissued me a new card because there is a chance my credit card was stolen from ticket master!!!
    Their handling fee seems even more unreasonable after this.

Also, if they bought off somebody from Adverts with no previous feedback on their account, it is their fault if they got scammed. I wouldn't buy off Done Deal because it has no Feedback system. I would buy only off Adverts with someone who has Postitive Feedback 10+ and then eBay, which has legally binding agreements between seller and buyer, so more legroom if you were to get scammed and report them for failing to meet the eBay agreement between two parties.

True, but knowing that I can get my money back later if I'm scammed isn't much consolation if I'm turned away at the gate!

Is it new tickets for everybody being posted out or just a few people? What if you bought in person at a kiosk instead of online?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

They bought off someone who seemed very reputable and who had the receipts. That doesn't help them if Ticketmaster have subsequently voided their tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is it new tickets for everybody being posted out or just a few people?

I haven't got any notice of new tickets yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I also have no email or text message about new tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ditto. Checked my email and nothing on the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

ab4248 wrote: »
    Would I have a chance of getting to Timahoe village and approaching from that side Kepler21?

The road From Timahoe into Stradbally will most likely be closed as the yellow car park is off that road ; but not sure where it will be closed. The R426 that comes down into Timahoe is usually one of those that is a feeder into the Red Car park, but I'm not sure enough to know if you would get to Timahoe that way.

They bought off someone who seemed very reputable and who had the receipts. That doesn't help them if Ticketmaster have subsequently voided their tickets

The point is that it's fairly likely a user like that would do the right thing, though if they happen to be on holidays or something that would be a disaster. Wonder if this was a ploy on Ticketmaster's part to drive people to their tout sites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i believe clashfinder have changed their name to finder for ep this year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement