Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Kepler21 wrote: »
    The road From Timahoe into Stradbally will most likely be closed as the yellow car park is off that road ; but not sure where it will be closed. The R426 that comes down into Timahoe is usually one of those that is a feeder into the Red Car park, but I'm not sure enough to know if you would get to Timahoe that way.

I was on that road yesterday. It is down to one lane at the school in Timahoe and doesn't look like works will be finished. I would imagine any type of access from Timahoe on that road would be very limited or certainly bottlenecked worse than usual judging by the roadworks there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Annani

I posted earlier that I got another ticket today in the post.

I got an text and email then from ticket master saying to use the new ticket. The first one is voided.

I paid in instalments if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

wacotaco wrote: »
    I had a bbq last year. Old school just the charcoal , a grill and a few rocks to support however the security said it was unsafe so we had to put it out. We got the tray of a disposable the next day and that was allowed ( just about though). This was in the joplin area. We had it right outside the tent... maybe the security were just being sound to us. Prob do the same agai nthis year. rashers, sausages , corn on the cob Saturday morn.

Luvly! What time will we all call up to you??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

Annani wrote: »

I got an text and email then from ticket master saying to use the new ticket. The first one is voided.

Would it make more sense that it's batch of tickets that they've messed up and voided rather than random tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

There is no doubt that people will show up with voided tickets. Possibly hundreds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I’ve just spotted that The Minutes are clashing with King Krule on Saturday night.

Well boll!x to that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Cue chaos at entry points Friday. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

People were asking about a festival trolley earlier. I think the one in Halfords is sold out, but there's a decent one available in The Range.

https://www.therange.co.uk/leisure/camping/camping-tools-and-equipment/discovery-adventures-folding-festival-trolley/#193570

1528790772_8554.jpg

1528790776_2249.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Most of the headliners don't have much longer to be fair. NERD and the bed wetters only on for an hour (though obviously the bed wetters have about 4 songs, so fair enough there). Massive Attack only 75 minutes. Fairly ridiculous that the combined headline slots on Saturday are two hours 15.

FR could thus have booked less acts with longer sets. Seems to give a lie to the absolute profiteering accusations. Personally I’d prefer more acts & shorter sets. Anyone really good I’ll check out at their standalone gigs later.

Early Friday is looking very good, albeit clash-heavy - Roadhouse Doors, Murder Capital, Harvest & Ash. Kendrick to finish, other decent stuff to be announced tomorrow & that’s a very good start indeed to my Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Can't seem to see stage times confirmed on their site. Are the ones going around official?

Who thought putting Prodigy on on the Sunday was a good call!? Sure everyone will be dead, not to mention a lot of people will have physically left..

They’ll rouse the suffering masses. As Duran did last year. A big noisy ending to EP suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Annani wrote: »

Worrying, as I bought two pairs from different (very genuine) people. Might just get on to them and see..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Something funny I've noticed, been scrabbling around toutless/adverts and the like for face value tickets (1 of 2 sorted, woo) and a new trend seems to be new users screaming that they'll 'pay with cash'

So you've got a few offers and then a rake of 'WILLING TO TRAVEL AND PAY WITH CASH' 'WILL PAY FOR TICKETS WITH CASH' etc etc.

Am I getting old and are youngsters just not used to parting with large sums of physical currency? If you're buying a ticket off someone on adverts/toutless/donedeal I'm not sure what alternative you're expecting to use, most people don't bother with PayPal if they're selling in person.

They are trying to appeal to us old folks who remember not just physical currency, but also the punt. Some of us might even remember old pound shillings and pence!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Who thought putting Prodigy on on the Sunday was a good call!? Sure everyone will be dead, not to mention a lot of people will have physically left..

Massive attack on the Sunday and Prodigy at 1am on the Saturday would have been class! Obviously Prodigy either have somewhere better to be or due to back problems they can't do two gigs in a row and are playing Friday in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Otsuka

Was ur ticket Family Instalment ? A193

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

A193 wrote: »
    Worrying, as I bought two pairs from different (very genuine) people. Might just get on to them and see..

Same situation here. Getting in touch with my seller, although he recently emailed me on the pink moon email sent last week so i'd imagine he would be in touch if he got sent more tickets ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Can't seem to see stage times confirmed on their site. Are the ones going around official?

stage times being circulated are being released /drip fed (exclusively) by Irish Times .. they are genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Otsuka wrote: »

Mine was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Has anyone seen anything about an off-license this year? I've a bad back so trying to minimise what I have to carry down there. I'm well aware it's very very pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Ricey92 wrote: »
    Same situation here. Getting in touch with my seller, although he recently emailed me on the pink moon email sent last week so i'd imagine he would be in touch if he got sent more tickets ...

Yeah, mine just got back to say she'd heard nothing but would keep an eye out, not worried on that side of things. More concerned about where I'm getting a second one now. Twitter and donedeal already picking up in terms of new listings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Does anywhere @ EP sell Gin, preferably pink gin (asking for the wife obviously) ��

there's a gin bar in Trailer Park anyway, think there might actually be two there.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

setanta74 wrote: »

Mine was.

Me too

Picture This before the Prodigy......FFS

If ever there was a case for a band arriving early onstage & dispensing some ultraviolence.......

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Ricey92 wrote: »

No, just two pairs of general camping! Think I'll get on to them to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Garbage at 4.30 on the main stage Saturday is a bit of a blow.

They would be a big enough name like, why not get them to headline the electric arena one of the nights, or play later on the main stage.

Also agree with comment above RE Prodigy/Massive Attack Sat/Sun.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Left it to the last minute as usual to try get a camping chair...
    Has anyone been out and about and seen any in South / West Dublin, Clondalkin, Tallaght, or City Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I saw someone posted small folding trolleys a while ago but cant find the post.

Anywhere I could get one this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Left it to the last minute as usual to try get a camping chair...
    Has anyone been out and about and seen any in South / West Dublin, Clondalkin, Tallaght, or City Centre?

Halfords tallaght have stock anyway, €7 available for click and collect

Otherwise Argos or the camping stores on Mary Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

to add to list above, has anyone bought a flag for your tent to find it at night. Any suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement