Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

to add to list above, has anyone bought a flag for your tent to find it at night. Any suggestions?

Plenty of white and gold ones going spare now i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

maximoose wrote: »
    Halfords tallaght have stock anyway, €7 available for click and collect

Otherwise Argos or the camping stores on Mary Street.

Cheers, just reserved one in Tallaght :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I saw someone posted small folding trolleys a while ago but cant find the post.

Anywhere I could get one this week?

ring the nearest halfords, if they don't have one in that location then they can check stock for other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

stage times being circulated are being released /drip fed (exclusively) by Irish Times .. they are genuine.

Seems odd EP wouldn't have them up on their own site. Usually a week before the festival so bit later than usual too

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

They'd want to make sure they get those tickets out asap. Nothing worse than if replacement ones werent out in time. Is there any pattern on what tickets they are that are affected or is it just random?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Raekwondo wrote: »
    They'd want to make sure they get those tickets out asap. Nothing worse than if replacement ones werent out in time. Is there any pattern on what tickets they are that are affected or is it just random?

Seems to be "Family Instalment" ones.

Has anyone received the email that are no "Family Instalment" ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Eod100 wrote: »
    Seems odd EP wouldn't have them up on their own site. Usually a week before the festival so bit later than usual too

it's been drip-fed by the Irish Times on the week of it for the last few years...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Seems to be "Family Instalment" ones.

Has anyone received the email that are no "Family Instalment" ???

I paid by installments but just for regular camping, no text or email though thankfully.

Snarky Snark Snark

Not received any e-mail, sold my spare to a mate and facilitated the sale of another one (family member had a spare) to a poster on here so kinda concerned at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

it's been drip-fed by the Irish Times on the week of it for the last few years...

Ah I'm out of look thought I'd been more recently but guess it's been 2 or 3 years since last one. It's a fairly annoying way to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah I'm out of look thought I'd been more recently but guess it's been 2 or 3 years since last one. It's a fairly annoying way to do it
    yeah, especially as at least one of the years, they didn't bother putting up the times for loads of the smaller areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nilocsnikrep

40038093_10217324777171237_5881047402143547392_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5cd807baad6e41a76b73e8c8d939a8e0&oe=5C3714FE

Snarky Snark Snark

for anyone that got the e-mail, when did you receive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Few people on one of the FB groups claiming the replacement tickets they received had a barcode, whereas the originals didn't. Anyone experience that?
    I have been onto ticket master last couple of weeks... it seems only one batch of tickets had no barcodes they were family camping instalment plan and these are now being reissued with barcodes making the others void... I would say if you bought tickets online from someone and they have no barcode get in touch with them now....
    Got the new tickets this morning. Comparing the 2 tickets....the first set don't have any barcodes on them. My tickets are for family camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Annani

for anyone that got the e-mail, when did you receive it?

11.30 this morning.

Mine are family camping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

Just checked our tickets and they have a barcode so hopefully ok. Noticed the early entry passes don't though - anyone else with an early entry pass does yours not have a barcode either?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

Few people on one of the FB groups claiming the replacement tickets they received had a barcode, whereas the originals didn't. Anyone experience that?

Hi
    I got my replacement tickets a few mins ago.
    Its very easy spot the problematic tickets. Mine was an instalment family ticket, The first ticket did not have a bar code, the new replacement ticket does have a barcode.

So unless anyone has a barcoded ticket and is getting a replacement it looks like that's the magic formula? Easy to avoid being scammed if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

So unless anyone has a barcoded ticket and is getting a replacement it looks like that's the magic formula? Easy to avoid being scammed if so.

the touts will start stamping barcodes onto them

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Are many of you Boardsies staying in Pink Moon? Just wondering - as we could be talking here for months - and sleeping in the next hut? :D And is the proposed Meet Up taking place in Trailer Park or Salty Dog? Counting the hours in office now...…………… Judes

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Pink mooner, it's a very very large area if you've not been there before, think salty dog is still the preferred failed meeting spot

and I for one am not slapping a sign on my tent saying "Hi I'm from the internet", that's a total neddy no no

showpony1 wrote: »
    the touts will start stamping barcodes onto them

I can't imagine a tout being so unscrupulous

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Is it just the Main Stage, Body and Soul and Electric Arena you aren't allowed to bring drink into?

i.e.
    Can you bring drink into Rankin's Wood, Salty Dog and Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Pink mooner, it's a very very large area if you've not been there before, think salty dog is still the preferred failed meeting spot

and I for one am not slapping a sign on my tent saying "Hi I'm from the internet", that's a total neddy no no

Just Randomly Shout "Boards" until there a large enough group of us together, than we can fend off the norms with our mechanical keyboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I’m a pink mooner too. I’m in rainbow tipi this year. I’ll be the one vacuuming the grass outside my tent and yelling at filthy teenagers to pick up their litter

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Anyone ever manage to get car in beside campervan in campervan site? How?

Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Can you bring drink into Rankin's Wood, Salty Dog and Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow?

Yes to Salty dog, the others no, there in the main arena

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Is it just the Main Stage, Body and Soul and Electric Arena you aren't allowed to bring drink into?

i.e.

No. Rankin woods and Jerry are inside the main arena.

Salty Dog is outside. There are other areas outside, like Trenchtown and Little Voices*

*(I think)

i.e.

All of those bar the Salty dog are in the arena, which is a no to your own booze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

i.e.

Saltydog, Trenchtown, Anachronica, Other Voices, Transmission, Hazel Wood - yes

The rest - no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement