Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

d_levins wrote: »
    Can you bring drink into Rankin's Wood, Salty Dog and Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow?

Yes to Salty dog, the others no, there in the main arena
    Basically look at the official map, the "main arena" is a mustard yellow colour. Anywhere in there you cannot bring in drink...unless smuggled! (Or after the bars shut)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Is it just the Main Stage, Body and Soul and Electric Arena you aren't allowed to bring drink into?

i.e.
    Can you bring drink into Rankin's Wood, Salty Dog and Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow?

The only stages you can bring booze pre-1am is Other Voices, Trenchtown, Anachronia & Salty Dog...although there may be a tiny stage i'm forgetting there!

Rankin's wood & Jerry Fish are in the main arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Anyone ever manage to get car in beside campervan in campervan site? How?

Asking for a friend.

Caravan or campervan?
    The car needs to stay in front of the caravan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Easy Rod wrote: »
    The only stages you can bring booze pre-1am is Other Voices, Trenchtown, Anachronia & Salty Dog...although there may be a tiny stage i'm forgetting there!

Rankin's wood & Jerry Fish are in the main arena.

Hazel Wood is the one you're forgetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Pink mooner, it's a very very large area if you've not been there before, think salty dog is still the preferred failed meeting spot

and I for one am not slapping a sign on my tent saying "Hi I'm from the internet", that's a total neddy no no

That’s my name don’t wear it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Anyone ever manage to get car in beside campervan in campervan site? How?

Asking for a friend.

This can be done by pulling a caravan :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Any reliable weather models knocking about other than using Accu, Met etc

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Does anyone know if you can get ice for a drink?Im assuming Tesco would sell ice or can you just pick some up at a bar.Im not a fan of JD and coke if its warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Left it to the last minute as usual to try get a camping chair...
    Has anyone been out and about and seen any in South / West Dublin, Clondalkin, Tallaght, or City Centre?
    halfords in carrickmines got some quality ones

Our friend Carlow Weather saying some light showers and slight winds but will have a better idea by mid-week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

No, honestly Met.ie is probably the best, they have played a blinder all this year so far

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

My tickets were Family Camping Instalment Plan too. So I think that's where the problem lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

rondog wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can get ice for a drink?Im assuming Tesco would sell ice or can you just pick some up at a bar.Im not a fan of JD and coke if its warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Pink mooner, it's a very very large area if you've not been there before, think salty dog is still the preferred failed meeting spot

and I for one am not slapping a sign on my tent saying "Hi I'm from the internet", that's a total neddy no no

I really want to get a T-shirt printed saying hi I’m from the internet and see what happens

Snarky Snark Snark

The only weather model we need.
    AeTZ4aZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

PinkCamper wrote: »
    I’m a pink mooner too. I’m in rainbow tipi this year. I’ll be the one vacuuming the grass outside my tent and yelling at filthy teenagers to pick up their litter

:D (You go girl!!!) I'll look out for the vacuum and may get you to do infront of me too :p I'll be at Festihut - Thankfully. I stayed at Pink Moon 3 years ago in a Tipi and had a great time - but the old back craved a bed- hence Festihut last year - but I hated where it was located in Boutique as we had to walk what felt like miles - and through Jimi Hendrix which was like a bomb site at times.

So now very happy that I have my little bunk bed and back to Pink Moon.

It's the little things in life. Well hope to meet some of you Boardsies on Fri at Salty (but if it's piddling with rain I may back out - as it's so damn muddy down there) (Yes, I'm a whoosssss - I told you, I'm older) J

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

I bought 2nd hand Pink Moon last year ..Guy just sent on email. I had no problems. I don't think you can change names. You just have to find someone you trust. Communicate with them a bit first and suss them out.

I can second that all of that. They won't change the name on the booking - it's supposed to be non-transferable! You should have no problem getting in with just the email...

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

I saw someone posted small folding trolleys a while ago but cant find the post.

Anywhere I could get one this week?

https://www.therange.co.uk/leisure/camping/camping-tools-and-equipment/discovery-adventures-folding-festival-trolley/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 summer02

I saw someone posted small folding trolleys a while ago but cant find the post.

Anywhere I could get one this week?

If you use Amazon Prime + Parcel Motel, you can get this on Thurs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LIFE-CARVER-Foldable-Transport-Collapsible/dp/B01GJM6CG8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1535380594&sr=8-3&keywords=festival+trolley

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Just checked our tickets and they have a barcode so hopefully ok. Noticed the early entry passes don't though - anyone else with an early entry pass does yours not have a barcode either?

My early entry one has no barcode but I've not received any emails from ticketmaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

bergipau wrote:
    Caravan or campervan? The car needs to stay in front of the caravan.

Campervan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Campervan

I don't think you have any chance. You'll be directed to the car parks long before you make it to the camper / caravan entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Never thought this was something id ever post in the EP thread but im actually eagerly awaiting Johnny Logan's stage time. At least if hes not clashing with anything of importance il be more likely to persuade my gang to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Rfrip wrote: »
    Never thought this was something id ever post in the EP thread but im actually eagerly awaiting Johnny Logan's stage time. At least if hes not clashing with anything of importance il be more likely to persuade my gang to go

@Rfrip ... account hacked, change your password!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

For all the complaining I'd say it'll be rammed. You'd have to be there for the act beforehand to even get a look in, which creates possible clashes.

I've always found that to be a problem with the Comedy tent. If there's a particular act (that's popular) that you want to see you end up having to sit through some, eh..... not so good acts.

Don't be embarrassed - a lot of us are feeling the same (but shhhhhh) (not too loud).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What way do you all balance going to see music vs having drinks in the campsite? Do you go into the arena at a certain time every day and stay in for the night or do you return back to the campsite to neck a few cans at any stage?

It's hard to strike a balance IMO and looking back at some of my first EPs I really wasted so much time drinking in the campsite. The last two years I have done it much better but could still improve. Friday I usually go in for a quick look, food an act or two around 4/5pm, back to the campsite for cans and then into the arena for the night around 8 or 9. Every year I tell myself I will spend less time in the campsite but then I forget how much time it takes to get nice and drunk in the campsite.

I've just heard on 2FM news that Gardaí are warning that's there's a whole load of "counterfeit" tickets being sold on line - I didn't hear the actual word counterfeit - but they're advising people not to buy unless from a reputable source. So damn it - the queues to get in will prob be longer as they thoroughly check tickets. Ah well...………….. get the walking shoes on now.

What way do you all balance going to see music vs having drinks in the campsite? Do you go into the arena at a certain time every day and stay in for the night or do you return back to the campsite to neck a few cans at any stage?

It's hard to strike a balance IMO and looking back at some of my first EPs I really wasted so much time drinking in the campsite. The last two years I have done it much better but could still improve. Friday I usually go in for a quick look, food an act or two around 4/5pm, back to the campsite for cans and then into the arena for the night around 8 or 9. Every year I tell myself I will spend less time in the campsite but then I forget how much time it takes to get nice and drunk in the campsite.
    I tend to only campsite drink from when I first wake up until the first band I want to see (normally 3pm). Once I'm out and about I generally tend to hang about Salty dog if I want a few cans. No point sitting beside my tent listening to a speaker when there's live music to be had!

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

1 in the early afternoon whilst figuring out the battle plan for the day, one in the early evening when there's a lull in the acts i want to see, then a night cap.

total lightweight which is reflected in the amount of booze i bring with me, 12 cans at most and a flask of whiskey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement