Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Campsite drinking til 6 usually on the Friday, maybe go in around 2 or 3 Saturday, back out for a few cans and in for the night around 7/8, same again on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

I don't think you have any chance. You'll be directed to the car parks long before you make it to the camper / caravan entrance

The only way to get a car in is towing a caravan. If you are driving in a campervan then you will not get a car in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Judes wrote: »
    I've just heard on 2FM news that Gardaí are warning that's there's a whole load of "counterfeit" tickets being sold on line - I didn't hear the actual word counterfeit - but they're advising people not to buy unless from a reputable source. So damn it - the queues to get in will prob be longer as they thoroughly check tickets. Ah well...………….. get the walking shoes on now.
    no-one will be thoroughly checking tickets - if it scans, it scans, and on you go...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So damn it - the queues to get in will prob be longer as they thoroughly check tickets.

Not at all. Counterfeit tickets won't scan, told to feck off. Takes 30 seconds. Its not like fake ID where you have to deduce if its got a watermark or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

What way do you all balance going to see music vs having drinks in the campsite? Do you go into the arena at a certain time every day and stay in for the night or do you return back to the campsite to neck a few cans at any stage?

It's hard to strike a balance IMO and looking back at some of my first EPs I really wasted so much time drinking in the campsite. The last two years I have done it much better but could still improve. Friday I usually go in for a quick look, food an act or two around 4/5pm, back to the campsite for cans and then into the arena for the night around 8 or 9. Every year I tell myself I will spend less time in the campsite but then I forget how much time it takes to get nice and drunk in the campsite.

One can before I go in, two or three if heading to SD or OVs first. Usually smuggle some red wine into the main arena (4/5 drinks worth in a plastic bottle smaller than a can) but if not then I just buy beer in the main bars all evening. Not worth missing acts to take an hour out to wander back to Warhol/Joplin/Eco & collect lukewarm cans. It’s a holiday for me and I budget for overspending on lager. Rest of September is pretty dry to make up for losses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

What way do you all balance going to see music vs having drinks in the campsite? Do you go into the arena at a certain time every day and stay in for the night or do you return back to the campsite to neck a few cans at any stage?

It's hard to strike a balance IMO and looking back at some of my first EPs I really wasted so much time drinking in the campsite. The last two years I have done it much better but could still improve. Friday I usually go in for a quick look, food an act or two around 4/5pm, back to the campsite for cans and then into the arena for the night around 8 or 9. Every year I tell myself I will spend less time in the campsite but then I forget how much time it takes to get nice and drunk in the campsite.

This is where being on your own has benefits on the musical side. I'll have a couple on Friday but once the music starts I'm generally not coming back to my tent, just for a can. The pain of getting through the security checks puts me off moving too much between music arena and Salty Dog/OV/campsite. If there's someone I want to see that's on early then I'm out for the whole day.

I'm not pushed if I don't drink a load of cans if it means I get some good music. Friday looks like Booka Brass (OV) at 4, into Roadhouse Doors (Salty Dog) into Ash at 6 on the Main stage, which is a cracking start to the weekend.
    That actually means I only have to cease with the cans after Roadhouse Doors.

Finding it harder now to do any work today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

I've just heard on 2FM news that Gardaí are warning that's there's a whole load of "counterfeit" tickets being sold on line - I didn't hear the actual word counterfeit - but they're advising people not to buy unless from a reputable source. So damn it - the queues to get in will prob be longer as they thoroughly check tickets. Ah well...………….. get the walking shoes on now.

Read on RTE News instagram that EP didn't put out any print at home tickets this year and that's what's being sold to some unlucky f*ckers, god love them.

Anyone with print at home ticket copies are outta luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

The warning is people selling print at home tickets, which don't exist for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They've not had print at home for a couple of years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

It's really down to how much disposable income you have.
    My Mrs and I bring around 36 cans between us, a bottle of spirits for when we're sick of beer, or for late night caps... Usually head in relatively early, plenty to see and do inside, grab a good bite to eat, a beer here and there throughout the day, and accelerate consumption as desired at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

3 bottles of bucky, 12 cans and a 3 nagins over the 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

O Briens off licence doing some decent deals for the week that’s in it, 24 bulmers for €28 16 Heineken for €20 bottles of gin and vodka only €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

We spend v little time drinking in the campsite. Few drinks while setting up on the Friday and whatever is left next day. We bring feck all booze really. We budget in spending on pints in the arena as EP is like our Christmas! Campsite is for sleeping, restoration and washing. At least Pink Moon is lovely like that anyway. I haven’t ever tried smuggling in booze to the arena, although I do smuggle in bold things in my welly sock

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Got 24 cans of Heineken for €30 in Tesco. They've Outcider 8 cans for €11 but Dunnes are 8 for €10 as well as far as I know. 24 Canadian for €30 too.

I'm just going to slum it.
    20 Karlskrone for 20 quid, 4 Jack and coke cans for 6 quid, 70 cl of some cheap bourbon for 14 quid.

I have 3 hipflasks. Not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lads did we sort out the start time for the Roadhouse Doors on the Friday ? It's never 2.45 is it?

Snarky Snark Snark

BadTurtle wrote: »
    4 Jack and coke cans for 6 quid

I like jack and coke, far too much for my own good, but that prepackaged stuff is just rank

Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Lads did we sort out the start time for the Roadhouse Doors on the Friday ? It's never 2.45 is it?

honestly cannot remember, kinda tempted to turn up, see what the people smell like, that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

I like jack and coke, far too much for my own good, but that prepackaged stuff is just rank

i tried the aldi one last night, very very sticky and sweet i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

For anybody worried about getting a ticket still, the worst case scenario is not getting one before Friday.

You need to go down on Friday as if you had a ticket. Stay excited because, you will get a ticket down there if you hang around the entrance asking. Keep a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA). Oh and have cans to pass the time whilst you carry out this plan.

I was stuck one year, hung around with fellow strangers, coming from all types of predicaments not getting in (people who got scammed (me) , people who didn't get scammed just looking for a cheap way in, lads buying cheap and re-selling...etc) It sounds bad, but there were several people who stormed out in panic and sold to the first punther for face value. One girl had to rush off for a family emergency. You need to be louder than the boys who do it for profit, because first-come-first served. "BUYING TICKETS!!" That same year, unfortunately I didn't get so lucky buying one...etc. There literally was no tickets left and for about €400 a pop you'd BE LUCKY to get one at the entrance.

PMA!

I attempted to scutter down the end of EP with a Name I knew (at the entrance for work volunteers), somebody who setup the volunteer work. I gave the name but just couldn't charm my way in as a volunteer. After sweating my ass off running all the way down there I had to sprint back up to the main entrance. In my wellies. Feet were in bits. Girlfriend was waiting for me at the entrance. (stressful times!). The key to this strategy is have a can, keep drinking and thinking.

Turns out wristbands + lube = happy time! (but sore wrist (and wet band)(and less lube)(and possible chance of being asked by security, "well, somebody's prepared this weekend!")(too many brackets being used) (ok end)(happy festival!))

• Advertisement

I find it does me good to get me going Saturday and Sunday when I can't face beer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Stillill42 wrote: »

JustShay wrote: »
    For anybody worried about getting a ticket still, the worst case scenario is not getting one before Friday.

You need to go down on Friday as if you had a ticket. Stay excited because, you will get a ticket down there if you hang around the entrance asking. Keep a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA). Oh and have cans to pass the time whilst you carry out this plan.

I was stuck one year, hung around with fellow strangers, coming from all types of predicaments not getting in (people who got scammed (me) , people who didn't get scammed just looking for a cheap way in, lads buying cheap and re-selling...etc) It sounds bad, but there were several people who stormed out in panic and sold to the first punther for face value. One girl had to rush off for a family emergency. You need to be louder than the boys who do it for profit, because first-come-first served. "BUYING TICKETS!!" That same year, unfortunately I didn't get so lucky buying one...etc. There literally was no tickets left and for about €400 a pop you'd BE LUCKY to get one at the entrance.

PMA!

I attempted to scutter down the end of EP with a Name I knew (at the entrance for work volunteers), somebody who setup the volunteer work. I gave the name but just couldn't charm my way in as a volunteer. After sweating my ass off running all the way down there I had to sprint back up to the main entrance. In my wellies. Feet were in bits. Girlfriend was waiting for me at the entrance. (stressful times!). The key to this strategy is have a can, keep drinking and thinking.

Turns out wristbands + lube = happy time! (but sore wrist (and wet band)(and less lube)(and possible chance of being asked by security, "well, somebody's prepared this weekend!")(too many brackets being used) (ok end)(happy festival!))

It's too early to be dipping into the speed, buddy.

Snarky Snark Snark

JustShay wrote: »
    what the actual ....

fuq did i just read?

lube and a sore wrist?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 decanl

Can you head into the campervan campsite Thursday evening without an early entry pass? This evening's email from TM seems to say that.... Also, is there anything on Thursday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

No, You cant. You need to buy early entry for access.

AFAIK roadhouse have it on their facebook that its 14:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Any reliable weather models knocking about other than using Accu, Met etc

The only weather model we need.
    AeTZ4aZ.jpg
    Ah, Jean Byrne!! .... said in a deep, husky voice, of course, with much lip smacking....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Screenshot_20180827_183911_Gmail.jpg

1am? Has it always been that late?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Can we go back out to the car after entry and bring in more cans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

FinnD wrote: »
    Can we go back out to the car after entry and bring in more cans?

YEP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement