Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭endainoz

FinnD wrote:
    Can we go back out to the car after entry and bring in more cans?

That's not as dumb a question as people here might think! They only allowed booze in on your first entry at Indie last month, which I thought was a bit strange....some deal they made with the bars maybe? In saying that I didn't see it being enforced. The answer is yes you can get more booze one your in. I normally make two runs back to the car to get more stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

endainoz wrote: »
    That's not as dumb a question as people here might think! They only allowed booze in on your first entry at Indie last month, which I thought was a bit strange....some deal they made with the bars maybe? In saying that I didn't see it being enforced. The answer is yes you can get more booze one your in. I normally make two runs back to the car to get more stuff.

Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Some of the scheduling is atrocious. You would think after 10 years running the festival FR would know what to do. I get clashes but what’s the point of Denis Sulta playing for and hour and Nina Kraviz plying for 90 mins.

Also, why not put either , or another DJ, to play 3 or 4 hours extended set in the Rankin Woods after the History of Rap. Most djs would love a good run at it instead of 90 mins max ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

decanl wrote: »
    Can you head into the campervan campsite Thursday evening without an early entry pass? This evening's email from TM seems to say that.... Also, is there anything on Thursday night?

Camper vans have always had Thursday access. May have changed this year but probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

is this email / barcode / void tickets fiasco just family camping?
    seem to be the thoughts on the FB "banter" page
    everyone there is saying it only family tickets...

my niece got a ticket but i want to make sure she's not going to end up
    buying a voided one

ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 BaldFigo

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    They’ll rouse the suffering masses. As Duran did last year. A big noisy ending to EP suits me.

As a bit of an oldie who is usually totally knackered by Sunday I'd of rathered

Prodigy / Lamar / Massive Attack
    Fri Sat Sun

Not sure Geogre Ezra & Picture this will
    Get me going enough before Prodigy but I'm sure I'll manage!

Looking forward to it big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

is this email / barcode / void tickets fiasco just family camping?
    seem to be the thoughts on the FB "banter" page
    everyone there is saying it only family tickets...
    my niece got a ticket but i want to make sure she's not going to end up
    buying a voided one
    ta

Seems to be Family camping tickets bought on drip and don't have a bar code only.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

So, I thought I was being unfair to the "quad-umvirate" of Walking on Cars, Picture This, The Coronas, Gavin James (and I suspect "there are others"!). After all, maybe I've allowed everyones' opinions on here to colour my judgement? So, thought I'd give them a spin on my ole Deezer streaming machine.
    <b>No! Just no!</b>
    This was painful.
    At least now I know.
    And I'm about to commit serious sacrilege/ speak blasphemy, but.... I just do not get Chic/Nile Rogers. Yes, I must be defective and odd. There'll be plenty else to see of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 teddybear73

Im going to All Ireland on Sunday so will be heading away on Saturday night.

Always seems a waste that a space would be wasted for the Sunday. Presume their is no way of passing wristbands on to anyone who is stuck for a Sunday ticket. I had same issue last year with All Ireland Hurling Final so ended up just cutting wrist band off with a scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BaldFigo

Eod100 wrote: »
    Seems odd EP wouldn't have them up on their own site. Usually a week before the festival so bit later than usual too

They used to only release the line up schedule the day before years ago and you had to try get them printed the morning before you headed off!!

• Advertisement

BTW, Lamaar a very different (unpleasantly 80's!) Story, folks!!

Im going to All Ireland on Sunday so will be heading away on Saturday night.

Always seems a waste that a space would be wasted for the Sunday. Presume their is no way of passing wristbands on to anyone who is stuck for a Sunday ticket. I had same issue last year with All Ireland Hurling Final so ended up just cutting wrist band off with a scissors.
    That's what 'the lube & wrist action' post was about earlier! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Judes wrote: »
    I've just heard on 2FM news that Gardaí are warning that's there's a whole load of "counterfeit" tickets being sold on line - I didn't hear the actual word counterfeit - but they're advising people not to buy unless from a reputable source. So damn it - the queues to get in will prob be longer as they thoroughly check tickets. Ah well...………….. get the walking shoes on now.

No thorough checks with tickets. It either beeps or it doesn't. Problem will be with all the ones crying over not getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 decanl

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Camper vans have always had Thursday access. May have changed this year but probably not.

Cool, thanks. Is it worth going down the Thursday? Anything of interest happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭LowOdour

The official EP app has Kendrick on from 12am to 1am and Massive Attack from 12.15 to 1.15 am...both on the main stage,and both on Friday night!

They are a gas bunch over there at the EP app lab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

decanl wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. Is it worth going down the Thursday? Anything of interest happening?

The last few years I have gone down to the campervan site on the thursday and there is nothing going on except people drinking in their vans. I don't think you could even get a wristband. We usually have a few cans in the van and try to not go to hard at it on the night before christmas. Waking up on site on the Friday morning/midday is a very nice experience though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Got 24 cans of Heineken for €30 in Tesco. They've Outcider 8 cans for €11 but Dunnes are 8 for €10 as well as far as I know. 24 Canadian for €30 too.
    24 Canadian are 24euro in tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Some of the scheduling is atrocious. You would think after 10 years running the festival FR would know what to do. I get clashes but what’s the point of Denis Sulta playing for and hour and Nina Kraviz plying for 90 mins.

Also, why not put either , or another DJ, to play 3 or 4 hours extended set in the Rankin Woods after the History of Rap. Most djs would love a good run at it instead of 90 mins max ...

The time Denis Sulta is on is crazy as well very early in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mf310

Interested in this aswell if anyone knows? Would they check for sellotape on wristband

• Registered Users Posts: 6 decanl

The last few years I have gone down to the campervan site on the thursday and there is nothing going on except people drinking in their vans. I don't think you could even get a wristband. We usually have a few cans in the van and try to not go to hard at it on the night before christmas. Waking up on site on the Friday morning/midday is a very nice experience though.

Hmm, tempting to avoid the rush on the Friday alright. And to ease into the cans...

• Advertisement

erica74 wrote: »
    Screenshot_20180827_183911_Gmail.jpg

1am? Has it always been that late?

It has the last 2 years

mgkelly wrote: »
    BTW, Lamaar a very different (unpleasantly 80's!) Story, folks!!

Huh?

Mf310 wrote: »
    Interested in this aswell if anyone knows? Would they check for sellotape on wristband

Yes,and staples

Mf310 wrote: »

Random checking. Some staff vauguely look. Others inspect properly. Some tug the wristband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

One major advantage of the prodigy being on after picture this is.... as the one crowd leaves and the other arrives, we can dig the picture this ***** in the stomach as we pass!!
    ;);) #teenagekicks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

What way do you all balance going to see music vs having drinks in the campsite? Do you go into the arena at a certain time every day and stay in for the night or do you return back to the campsite to neck a few cans at any stage?

It's hard to strike a balance IMO and looking back at some of my first EPs I really wasted so much time drinking in the campsite. The last two years I have done it much better but could still improve. Friday I usually go in for a quick look, food an act or two around 4/5pm, back to the campsite for cans and then into the arena for the night around 8 or 9. Every year I tell myself I will spend less time in the campsite but then I forget how much time it takes to get nice and drunk in the campsite.

It's always a judgment call but I try to see as much music as possible. This has the added benefit of me not getting too drunk which is generally a good thing.

It's very hard when there is a band you only kinda want to see and there is fun in the campsite. I always lie to myself and say that I'll see the band again some time. But I rarely do.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

declanleo wrote: »
    Yes,and staples

You could try sewing it on, you'll pass the tug test, but you'll also have to trust a friend not to stab you when sewing it on

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

mimimcmc wrote: »
    You could try sewing it on, you'll pass the tug test, but you'll also have to trust a friend not to stab you when sewing it on

Again, a little bottle of lube works wonders! Get somebody inside to slip there's off. Somebody else comes out with their wristband and the other loose wristband. Slip it on, extra lube helps. You're in. But then you have to slip it back off to give it back to the kind donator.

JustShay wrote: »
    Again, a little bottle of lube works wonders! Get somebody inside to slip there's off. Somebody else comes out with their wristband and the other loose wristband. Slip it on, extra lube helps. You're in. But then you have to slip it back off to give it back to the kind donator.

Euphemism warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

How thoroughly do security check you for cans bottles etc on yer body?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement