Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

jobless wrote: »
    How thoroughly do security check you for cans bottles etc on yer body?

Pat down on pockets and around your belt line..... Got many a can in in the hood of my hoody

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

sydthebeat wrote:
    Pat down on pockets and around your belt line..... Got many a can in in the hood of my hoody

Shussssh,😇

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Just heard some of NERD's set at Reading there on BBC R1, sounding seriously funky, fat and rich should be great headliners Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

JustShay wrote: »
    Again, a little bottle of lube works wonders! Get somebody inside to slip there's off. Somebody else comes out with their wristband and the other loose wristband. Slip it on, extra lube helps. You're in. But then you have to slip it back off to give it back to the kind donator.

Have seen some put plastic bag over hand then tuck the bag under the band. Pull the top of bag back over the band and use this to pull the band off. Was a look of pain on the band owners face at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Have seen some put plastic bag over hand then tuck the bag under the band. Pull the top of bag back over the band and use this to pull the band off. Was a look of pain on the band owners face at the time

A condom works an absolute treat for this. Combine with previously mentioned lube for maximum effectiveness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

JustShay wrote: »
    Again, a little bottle of lube works wonders! Get somebody inside to slip there's off. Somebody else comes out with their wristband and the other loose wristband. Slip it on, extra lube helps. You're in. But then you have to slip it back off to give it back to the kind donator.

Not for me, I have small wrists and can take off Nearly all bands with no need for lube 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Update on the Festable app. Includes a map for EP 2018. You can see your location on the map when you are on site. During the festival, click on a stage to see the now and next acts playing.

Still Android only: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Depends on the back log of punters trying to get in... if fook all around they tend to take their time and can do a fairly thorough search. Sometimes (not always) if the queue gets too big they'll pretty much let people through without pat down. Of course they'll be looking for strange buldges!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

A condom works an absolute treat for this. Combine with previously mentioned lube for maximum effectiveness...

I'm curious as to how you discovered this!! :confused: did you lose a wrist band at any point :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

sydthebeat wrote: »

So your telling me I'll be safe with this? :)https://www.amazon.com/EZ-DRINKER-12PC-BRBLT-Drink-12-Pack/dp/B00H25IV8Y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how you discovered this!! :confused: did you lose a wrist band at any point :pac:

A friend failed to get a ticket for almost every festival one summer and this worked every time. How he discovered it I do not know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

A friend failed to get a ticket for almost every festival one summer and this worked every time. How he discovered it I do not know

Ha I'm defo gonna try this after the festival is over.... See if it's possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gontheroad

Hi folks, looking for some advice re the campervan/caravan site. I bought a campervan pass (in error, i don't even remember seeing an option when i booked) and when it arrived the info with it says it cannot be changed for a car and caravan pass. I have a car and caravan that I need to get into EP!
    I have emailed ticketmaster and no response yet.
    If I were to arrive with my car and caravan and my campervan pass what are the chances of being turned away?
    Also is it possible to put a pop up tent under our caravan awning?
    Thanks in advance - have a great weekend all!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

It depends on security. One day they dont bother,another day is kinda strict and Sunday is a killer.
    Women wont be searched by men so see where there are women searching

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Update on the Festable app. Includes a map for EP 2018. You can see your location on the map when you are on site. During the festival, click on a stage to see the now and next acts playing.

Still Android only: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

Genius

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Gontheroad wrote: »
    Hi folks, looking for some advice re the campervan/caravan site. I bought a campervan pass (in error, i don't even remember seeing an option when i booked) and when it arrived the info with it says it cannot be changed for a car and caravan pass. I have a car and caravan that I need to get into EP!
    If I were to arrive with my car and caravan and my campervan pass what are the chances of being turned away?

From what i understand they are fairly lax on this and will let you in, based on previous years feedback. But can't guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Does anybody know how much the pink moon early entry is? I know you would need a festival early entry too at €27 or so but can't find info for how much extra it is then for Pink Moon. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Met Eireann forecast on 9 o'clock news didn't look beyond Wednesday.  Great service...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

trinib wrote: »
    Does anybody know how much the pink moon early entry is? I know you would need a festival early entry too at €27 or so but can't find info for how much extra it is then for Pink Moon. Thanks

You're too late

mqNB33m.png

Gontheroad wrote: »

Everything will be fine. They don't bother with this in previous years and the tent will also be grand.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

ricerocket wrote: »
    Met Eireann forecast on 9 o'clock news didn't look beyond Wednesday.  Great service...

We actually need to wait till Wednesday/Thursday to get a reasonably accurate forecast for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

trinib wrote: »

€10, you can pay for it in PM on Thursday.

Snarky Snark Snark

Checks done this evening
    1. cold bag filled with 12 cans (6 bulmers / 6 Carlsberg / 2 x 1litre water bottles (to be frozen)) to verify required capacity
    2. sleeping bag dug out of storage and unfurled to let it air for a few days
    3. sleeping mat also out of storage and currently self inflating away to verify there are no leaks, if there is a leak then backup sleeping mat will be brought into play
    4. chair taken out and sat on to ensure it does not collapse under the weight and girth of my massive penis arse
    5. wash bag prepped, spare wash bag for car prepped
    6. thermal gear accounted for
    7. batteries in head torch checked (spares in washbags), batteries in tent lantern replaced
    8. trolley expanded and loaded and then unloaded. (need to get elasticated strappy things to hold everything in place)
    9. boots checked and in order, walking socks accounted for
    10. power packs are charging
    11. small portable speaker charging

think i'm nearly ready...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

Any reliable weather models knocking about other than using Accu, Met etc
    I use metcheck.com (type in Portlaoise in postcode area) and Magicseaweed.com (if your any good at reading isobars)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I'm having an issue with the app, in that Sunday isn't appearing as an option. Any reason?

Snarky Snark Snark

Oh, and there are 4 sleeps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

ricerocket wrote: »

There is a six day forecast on their website but once you go beyond three days it gets less and less reliable. The idea that yr.no or AccuWeather can predict two weeks in advance is utter nonsense.

Wing126 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with the app, in that Sunday isn't appearing as an option. Any reason?

Update the tunable from the tools screen?

Can you pm me a screenshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

Peterd66 wrote: »
    From what i understand they are fairly lax on this and will let you in, based on previous years feedback. But can't guarantee.
    have been in campervan site a few times. I would imagine that car and caravan takes up more space so you should be fine. If you get past the first stage they can't reverse you back down. Think this is the first year for caravan and car so they will have to allow for the mistake in purchase?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Update the tunable from the tools screen?

Can you pm me a screenshot?

no problems here,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement