Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Has anyone who paid instalment plan received tickets yet?? It's the first time I haven't received them before Xmas??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Has anyone who paid instalment plan received tickets yet?? It's the first time I haven't received them before Xmas??

Nope nothing yet and as far as I know I completed my last payment which is strange. Usually when the last payment is made they post straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Paid in full for my two tickets within 2 mins of them going on sale the Friday after, also not received them. Never waited so long before for them to be issued.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're waiting a few more months tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Hogzy wrote:
    Nope nothing yet and as far as I know I completed my last payment which is strange. Usually when the last payment is made they post straight away.

Paid in full for my two tickets within 2 mins of them going on sale the Friday after, also not received them. Never waited so long before for them to be issued.

Ah thats grand so just making sure it wasn't just me

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Maybe I missed something earlier about this but does playing a festival earlier in the year definitely rule an act out? Or is it just the assumption an act won't come to Ireland twice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

There is a programme on Network 2 tonight at 23.50. The National live at the Opera House.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

haitens wrote: »
    Maybe I missed something earlier about this but does playing a festival earlier in the year definitely rule an act out? Or is it just the assumption an act won't come to Ireland twice?

Just an assumption generally, if a non Irish act plays another festival in Ireland they are highly unlikely to play at picnic. For example Justice and The War on Drugs most likely won't be at EP 2018. But if it is a band playing a solo gig a lot earlier in the year, say Kendrick or Arcade fire, it doesn't necessarily mean they won't be at EP...

Snarky Snark Snark

242 sleeps, we are now in a fresh EP calendar year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I think the picnic line up will be as bad as last years line up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bowlardo wrote: »

Which wasn't too bad at all, so bring it on, as long as the mighty Fever Ray and a few others are in there I'll be happy enough.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

No new year's resolutions in here, I see.

Snarky Snark Snark

6d3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Happy New year to all....What's happening with Pearl Jam, are they gonna play a stand alone Irish gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Apart from a lot of acts I wanted to see being on at the same time I was happy enough with last year however I think its pretty clear that FR spent less on the bill than previous years and I think this year may be similar (although get Kendrick Lamar to headline I'll forgive them).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Ok, as things are a mite quiet in here, one to get you thinking.

What bands did you first discover at EP, you'd never seen them before and they weren't really on your radar, but that they blew you away.

A few of mine

Caribou
    Super Furries
    Touts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

King Kong Company - now a devoted life long fan ;)

Coachella line up announced:

https://www.coachella.com/lineup/#/schedule/weekend1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone else feel no desire whatsoever to ever attend Coachella?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

MadYaker wrote: »

None! Seems to be style over substance
    I’d also have to hire a personal stylist for the event!!

The line up does nothing for me either to be honest. Some amazing festivals going on around europe this year, why would anyone bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ok, as things are a mite quiet in here, one to get you thinking.

What bands did you first discover at EP, you'd never seen them before and they weren't really on your radar, but that they blew you away.

A few of mine

Caribou
    Super Furries
    Touts

Young Fathers and Tune-Yards the big ones for me. Was vaguely aware of the latter beforehand but the former were a total revelation and still one of my top gigs ever at EP. Both on Body & Soul stage.

None at all. Headline acts not to my taste for a start, but it just seems like a major expense for very little that you wouldn't get at a European (or other US) festival anyway, doesn't it? I mean, it may have one extra headline act that a few others wouldn't but don't most of the headline acts crop up elsewhere anyway? Like, we're not exactly talking Glasto levels of exclusivity with the Weeknd or Beyonce, both of whom are likely to tour this year anyway, I would think.

And going back over the last few years, the big acts - Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, Kendrick Lamar, Guns n' Roses, Jack White, Muse, Outkast, Arcade Fire, Stone Roses, Blur, etc have all done extensive tours either before or after so I'm genuinely at a loss as to why Coachella is viewed as "the big one" in the US.

Is it just because its California and, therefore, attracts all the famous kids?

• Advertisement

Almost forgot about Young Fathers - excellent. Seeing them in the Academy in March, cant wait.

Is it just because its California and, therefore, attracts all the famous kids?

Yes

Haim second on the poster after Beyonce is fairly baffling? If they'd played here it'd be in the olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Used to have superb lineups. But the slant towards R&B/commercial dance music leaves me cold. Better acts on at many European fests I reckon.

Also not a fan of the seeming fashion parade aspect of it & the alcohol restrictions. Not being allowed to have a beer while watching a band seems over-zealous at best. But hey, different strokes and if on here I'd give it a look. Anyway, SXSW is the one I'd love to get to. Or the biannual Solid Sound fest that Wilco curate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Agree that Coachella has now gone down the cache route of the festival circuit, but I tell ya, I wouldnt object to "A Perfect Circle" appearing at Stradbally, thats for sure........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

OH FFS. I hope that doesn't rule Beyoncé out of EP

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Used to have superb lineups. But the slant towards R&B/commercial dance music leaves me cold. Better acts on at many European fests I reckon.

Also not a fan of the seeming fashion parade aspect of it & the alcohol restrictions. Not being allowed to have a beer while watching a band seems over-zealous at best. But hey, different strokes and if on here I'd give it a look. Anyway, SXSW is the one I'd love to get to. Or the biannual Solid Sound fest that Wilco curate.

Yeah the mega lineups of the past was all it had going for it imo. I'd love to go to Austin City Limits some year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Agree that Coachella has now gone down the cache route of the festival circuit, but I tell ya, I wouldnt object to "A Perfect Circle" appearing at Stradbally, thats for sure........

God me neither. I was only listening to Mer de Noms recently and forgot how much I love his voice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

D.Q wrote: »
    OH FFS. I hope that doesn't rule Beyoncé out of EP

I thought the Big Billy Goats Gruff got you.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Oh man! Brian Fallon has tweeted that The Gaslight Anthem are back to tour the 59 Sound album for its 10th anniversary.

THE perfect festival rock band.
    Please let this happen. I promise I'll stop swearing....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

thebusher wrote: »
    Oh man! Brian Fallon has tweeted that The Gaslight Anthem are back to tour the 59 Sound album for its 10th anniversary.

THE perfect festival rock band.
    Please let this happen. I promise I'll stop swearing....

Yea they were announced for Governers Ball , hopefully its not just an US tour . They would be perfect as an EA Headliner.

Also its good to see NERD are touring next year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement