Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Weird scheduling, I would've thought they'd have very similar fanbases

Agreed. The Cure v The Horrors in 2012 was another that made little sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 montybo

Comedy stage times are up on a joe.ie article from yesterday. Haven't seen them printed anywhere else but Eric Lalor posted the article and he's performing there so that's probably where they came from.

Comedy Tent stage times:

Saturday

13:20 - 13:40: MC Karl Spain
    13:40 - 14:00: Gearoid Farrelly
    14:05 - 14:15: Breda Larkin
    14:20 - 14:40 Andrea Farrell
    14:45 - 15:00 Sean Finnerty
    15:05 - 15:20 Dalia Malek
    15:25 - 15:45 Kevin McGahern
    15:50 - 16:05 Julie J
    16:10 - 16:35 Fred Cooke
    16:40 - 17:00 Joanne McNally
    17:05 - 17:30 Eric Lalor
    17:35 - 18:00 Chris Kent
    18:05 - 18:30 Spencer Jones
    18:35 - 19:00 Jarlath Regan
    19:05 - 19:35 Milton Jones
    19:40 - 20:10 Jason Byrne
    20:15 - 21:00 Russell Howard
    Sunday

13:30 - 13:40 MC Karl Spain
    13:40 - 14.05 Paul Currie
    14:10 - 14:30 Abigoliah Schamaun
    14:35 - 14:55 John Colleary
    15:00 - 15:15 Dimitri Bakanov
    15:20 - 15:40 Steve Bennett
    15:45 - 16:00 Rory O'Hanlon
    16:05 - 16:25 Kevin Gildea
    16:30 - 16:50 Frank Sanazi
    16:55 - 17:15 Eleanor Tiernan
    17:20 - 17:45 Damian Clark
    17:50 - 18:10 Joe Rooney
    18:15 - 18:45 Abandoman
    18:50 - 19:15 Alison Spittle
    19:20 - 19:40 Danny O'Brien
    19:45 - 20:10 Dave McSavage
    20:15 - 21:00 David O'Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Foind this on Twitter this morning. Its got a link to the Garda traffic plan which includes the directions to each car park.
    Red is A,B,C.

http://www.wheelsforwomen.ie/index.php/electric-picnic-motoring-tips/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Pack your old Nokia and a bullet proof vest, why they need armed undercover Gardaí at EP is beyond me https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/undercover-gardai-to-target-phone-thieves-and-drug-users-at-electric-picnic-37259153.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

We’re already 40 pages past last years entire thread picnic thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

haitens wrote: »
    Ah balls prodigy Sleaford Mods (and likely St Vincent) clash on the Sunday

Yeah, that looks on the cards, and la Femme and Field Music. That's a fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Fontaines DC and Colter Wall playing the exact same slot, booooooo, down with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

haitens wrote: »
    Ah balls prodigy Sleaford Mods (and likely St Vincent) clash on the Sunday

A balls 2 (and possibly 3) of my must sees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Damn was hoping for Electric Arena and Little Big Tent times today, we usually get them on the second day. Still missing those, Salty Dog, Trailer Park, Anachronica, Hazelwood, Trailer Park, Throwback, Minefield and all the smaller body & soul stages. That's a lot to announce 2 days before the festival.

I dont remember many of these smaller stages, bar Salty and Mindfield actually being announced anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    We’re already 40 pages past last years entire thread picnic thread

In fairness I took up about five pages this year with my moaning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Irish Weather Online is very positive this morning.

Accu and YR still showing rain at times over the weekend but not a wash out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I imagine Colter Wall won't be doing two sets, will he? Was hoping to catch him somewhere outside the main areas to avoid clashes.

Him and the Blaze clashing is a nasty one actually, two of the most interesting acts on the bill this year.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I imagine Colter Wall won't be doing two sets, will he? Was hoping to catch him somewhere outside the main areas to avoid clashes.

Him and the Blaze clashing is a nasty one actually, two of the most interesting acts on the bill this year.

He could show up in Trailer Park.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That was my big loss from that list too. I have a feeling you and I are going to be stalking each other.

I've very little on my "must see" last but engine alley were top, so I'll be there in Jerry's tent.

Soak would have been big on the "wanna see" list, But I guess I'll have to catch her again sometime.

Saturday afternoon / evening in Jerry's tent looks like the best run for me, from EA to mick, to FnWs
    But the 8:30-10pm slots in other voices are free at those times so there could be worrying clashes there too....

I think this year's I'm gonna spend if floating around more than other years.
    Gonna hope there's no big clash with sxarlord and death grips...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

So the coronas must be headlining a night in elec arena, and kkc another.. The kooks and hanswich around there too..

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Met Eireann promising a pleasant warm weekend, just a few showers on Friday

FRIDAY: After some early morning sunshine with a lot of dry weather about generally, showery outbreaks of rain will slowly develop. Feeling rather warm and humid however with some sunny breaks occurring too. Highest temperatures 17 to 21 degrees Celsius, in mostly moderate southerly breezes.

THIS WEEKEND: Rather warm and calm, with maxima in the high teens or low 20's locally. Overall a lot of dry weather is expected with light southerlies. Saturday is likely to be the drier day with just the odd shower. Sunday will see a band of rain move into Atlantic counties but staying generally dry elsewhere at least for daylight hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Darn I hate feckin clashes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I'd assume Ben Howard, Coronas and St Vincent are headlining the EA. Then you have the Kooks, Wolf Alice, Ben Clementine, Cigarettes after Sex, Delorentos, Sigrid, Jungle, KKC, Ham Sandwich, The Orielles (hopefully nice and early to avoid clashes)...
    Peggy Gou, Alexis Taylor, Mall Grab, Scarlxrd, Yxng Bane all presumably Little Big Tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭TippCashel

Is it possible to get a single day ticket for Saturday or was there any released?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Pack your old Nokia and a bullet proof vest, why they need armed undercover Gardaí at EP is beyond me https://m.independent.ie/irish-reed guys wandering aroundnews/undercover-gardai-to-target-phone-thieves-and-drug-users-at-electric-picnic-37259153.html

It’s likely that any armed Gardai would be as back up if things really got out of hand. There’ll certainly be no guns signed out to officers wandering around the campsites. And more’s the pity. I’d have a shootout at the Hendrix Corral high on my list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ricerocket wrote: »
    Met Eireann forecast on 9 o'clock news didn't look beyond Wednesday.  Great service...

probably as meteorologists don't like going more than a couple of days in advance as things can change quite a bit after that, especially in a changeable climate like Ireland, which inevitably leads to people whinging about how Met Eireann "got it wrong", when it's really the general public who are too thick to understand nuance and low confidence predictions.

https://www.met.ie/forecasts/leinster
    THURSDAY: Generally dry with sunny spells in near calm - best of the sunshine in the morning and late evening. A few well scattered light passing showers around too, mainly through the middle section of the day. South and southwest areas will be at risk of more general rain. After a cool start, highest afternoon temperatures will range 15 to 18 or 19 degrees Celsius.

FRIDAY: After some early morning sunshine with a lot of dry weather about generally, showery outbreaks of rain will slowly develop. Feeling rather warm and humid however with some sunny breaks occurring too. Highest temperatures 17 to 21 degrees Celsius, in mostly moderate southerly breezes.

THIS WEEKEND: Rather warm and calm, with maxima in the high teens or low 20's locally. Overall a lot of dry weather is expected with light southerlies. Saturday is likely to be the drier day with just the odd shower. Sunday will see a band of rain move into Atlantic counties but staying generally dry elsewhere at least for daylight hours.

FURTHER OUTLOOK: High pressure is likely to become established bringing dry calm weather well into next week, but with fluctuating maxima depending on the wind direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Looking at that traffic plan, Green is not accessible except on Sunday? Balls.
    Always park there for PM access.
    Feck it if they make me park in Yellow and walk around the whole park to get to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Any advice for someone driving from the north staying in Pink Moon with regards to parking etc? It's my first time driving down to it and I'll be leaving late on Friday. I've to work until 6pm on Friday night but will be heading down from Newry straight away at 6.

TippCashel wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a single day ticket for Saturday or was there any released?

Nope, not a thing for EP.

Any advice for someone driving from the north staying in Pink Moon with regards to parking etc? It's my first time driving down to it and I'll be leaving late on Friday. I've to work until 6pm on Friday night but will be heading down from Newry straight away at 6.

Drive fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Not possible I'm afraid. They only release day tickets for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Unless you know someone from Stradbally. They get Saturday day passes (if you're pulled out in the lottery thing). Apart from that, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Does the Cosby Tent normally not open on Friday?
    or is that a change this year?

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/electric-picnic-exclusive-stage-times-for-cosby-tent-and-more-1.3609314

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Head down the M9 and come in from that side. M9-Athy-stradbally
    The M8/M7 will be chaos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Presume you’ll take M7 from M50. Its in the lap of the gods where you’ll be directed.. but you’ll have a better chance of accessing green (closest to Pink Moon) if you take M9 where it splits from M7 and approach Stradbally from Athy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement