Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

d_levins wrote: »
    Does the Cosby Tent normally not open on Friday?
    or is that a change this year?

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/electric-picnic-exclusive-stage-times-for-cosby-tent-and-more-1.3609314

Cosby and Little Big Tent have been closed Fridays since 2013, unfortuantely.
    Rankins Wood used to be comletely closed Fridays too, but they've had the one or 2 acts there the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

Does anyone know what the best parking to use if heading to the campervan field? I've friends staying with us but they're not coming down until Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

THIS WEEKEND: Rather warm and calm, with maxima in the high teens or low 20's locally. Overall a lot of dry weather is expected with light southerlies. Saturday is likely to be the drier day with just the odd shower. Sunday will see a band of rain move into Atlantic counties but staying generally dry elsewhere at least for daylight hours.

FURTHER OUTLOOK: High pressure is likely to become established bringing dry calm weather well into next week, but with fluctuating maxima depending on the wind direction

WOOHOO.......................

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Getting sorted now -- the excitement!
    Anyone have a spare code for the Eco campsite? Asking for a disorganised friend . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

DJ Koze V Seaford Mods
    Fontaines DC V Colter Wall

Aaaghh..!.......In Football terms absolute Six-Pointers..: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

It's impossible to do any work this week isn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Had a quick look over that garda traffic document, not sure if the route through Vicarstown will work into green car park "Traffic travelling from Vicarstown on the Friday will not be allowed to enter Stradbally and a diversion at Garrons Cross will be in place." Anyone know if that rules it out altogether?

Never realised Trenchtown had so many stages until I was updating the clashfinder, how big is it down there?! I've only ever passed through really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Had a quick look over that garda traffic document, not sure if the route through Vicarstown will work into green car park "Traffic travelling from Vicarstown on the Friday will not be allowed to enter Stradbally and a diversion at Garrons Cross will be in place." Anyone know if that rules it out altogether?

Never realised Trenchtown had so many stages until I was updating the clashfinder, how big is it down there?! I've only ever passed through really.
    no great reason to chance Vicarstown when you can go through Athy and definitely be on the Green side.

Trenchtown isn't that big, the "stages" are pretty small, basically just 1 stage and a couple of huts/shacks with DJs playing in them IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Could the 45 minutes stage time for Garbage be an error. Both acts before & all after have at least an hour. Plus there’s 45 minutes set-up time for Garbage which is 15 mins more than that for Chic & others.

They’ve got the hits, have the audience & never really without radio play in the past 25 years. And crucially we’ve got another Bond theme for this year.

A-ha in 2019 for three in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I took this route last year and there was no issue. But yes I see that a diversion is in place this year.

The diversion will probably turn right towards Kiltown and send you up the Rathmore road? To Stradbally... Hopefully. Was going to try come up from Athy to Green car park on Fri afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Pack your old Nokia and a bullet proof vest, why they need armed undercover Gardaí at EP is beyond me https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/undercover-gardai-to-target-phone-thieves-and-drug-users-at-electric-picnic-37259153.html

Armed gardai patrol all large gatherings like concerts and matches due to the posibility serious incidents occurring. It's the world we live.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Any advice for someone driving from the north staying in Pink Moon with regards to parking etc? It's my first time driving down to it and I'll be leaving late on Friday. I've to work until 6pm on Friday night but will be heading down from Newry straight away at 6.

Get a new job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Could the 45 minutes stage time for Garbage be an error. Both acts before & all after have at least an hour. Plus there’s 45 minutes set-up time for Garbage which is 15 mins more than that for Chic & others.

EP app says an hour. 16.15 to 17.15 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

I've only come across one clash so far, with Jorja Smith and Le Galaxie at the same time. I was only factoring in one 'Le' band for the weekend, so it'll be Le Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

King Kong Company just posted on FB...

"It's our new single, Killswitch. This one’s got more thump than Paul O’Connell swinging a 30lb sledge! Come see us at Electric Picnic, Friday night, 8pm Electric Arena!"

My first clash... Chvrches and King Kong Company... Although can catch a little of both..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

no great reason to chance Vicarstown when you can go through Athy and definitely be on the Green side.

Trenchtown isn't that big, the "stages" are pretty small, basically just 1 stage and a couple of huts/shacks with DJs playing in them IIRC.

I collect someone around Kildangan anyway so is handy just to go from there. I'll see on the day what I fancy chancing, if anyone is down very early I would appreciate if they could say if the Vicarstown route worked for them getting into green!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

What's the story with getting into Stradbally Thursday night or Friday morning? I have to get to "work" on site. Coming from the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

A193 wrote: »
    I've only come across one clash so far, with Jorja Smith and Le Galaxie at the same time. I was only factoring in one 'Le' band for the weekend, so it'll be Le Boom!

Have more stage times been released? May not be uploaded on clashfinder but can't find Jorja Smith time/stage yet.

Had another look and found them on the Cosby tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Managed to get two single tickets sorted off Adverts off reputable sellers last night so I'm now in full excitement mode!

Do the range have those trolleys here still? Looking for something a bit better than the 10 quid disasterwagon Tesco were selling last year

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Managed to get two single tickets sorted off Adverts off reputable sellers last night so I'm now in full excitement mode!

Do the range have those trolleys here still? Looking for something a bit better than the 10 quid disasterwagon Tesco were selling last year

Was in The Range at Liffey Valley on Sunday and they defo still had them, not sure of price though as I was looking for a camping chair so just glanced and walked by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Was in The Range at Liffey Valley on Sunday and they defo still had them, not sure of price though as I was looking for a camping chair so just glanced and walked by

Cheers, that's my closest one and was planning on popping over at lunchtime so happy days. How much were the chairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

nc6000 wrote: »
    EP app says an hour. 16.15 to 17.15 on Sunday.

Cool. Thanks. Makes much more sense but only leaves Chic with 15 mins to set up so either Irish Times or EP app have it wrong. I’d expect Garbage from 4 to 5 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Hey,

I applied for access and got the access campsite.

Have not received the email your mean to get for this I got on them and said it would be early next week?

Has anyone else who applied for this received it through email?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 messi1900

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Any advice for someone driving from the north staying in Pink Moon with regards to parking etc? It's my first time driving down to it and I'll be leaving late on Friday. I've to work until 6pm on Friday night but will be heading down from Newry straight away at 6.

Head down the M9 and come in from that side. M9-Athy-stradbally
    The M8/M7 will be chaos.
    Looking at the Garda Traffic Plan if you approach from Athy is there any risk of being diverted to the Yellow car park once on the N80?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Cheers, that's my closest one and was planning on popping over at lunchtime so happy days. How much were the chairs?

Something mad like €30 so I have one lined up from Halfords in Belgard Tallaght for €7, getting it collected today. Literally everywhere else at Liffey Valley Retail Park and Fonthill Retail Park has been cleared out of camping gear in general!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Only rain ive seen forecast so far is either early Friday morning or late Friday night.
    Hopefully doesn't end up lashing for Kendrick...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Has anyone seen anything about an off-license this year? I've a bad back so trying to minimise what I have to carry down there. I'm well aware it's very very pricey.

Bumping this one... anyone know if there's an off-license this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 montybo

The Global Green timetable was put up on their website

VILLAGE HALL FULL SCHEDULE

Friday
    15.00 - 15.40 Che Guevara Lynch Jukebox
    16.00 - 16.40 Iann Brennan
    17.00 - 17.40 Spooky
    18.00 - 18.40 The HQs
    19.00 - 19.40 WOB!
    20.00 - 20.20 Fionnuala - The Dancing Snowflakes
    20.40 - 21.25 Anthony Byrne
    21.35 - 22.10 Robert Delaney
    22.30 - 00.00 Mo Kelley (DJ)
    00.30 - 01.50 Robot Rock
    02.15 - 04.00 Deck Markey (DJ)

Saturday
    13.00 - 13.40 Gareth Quinn Redmond
    14.00 - 14.40 Aural Air
    15.00 - 15.40 Rachael Lavelle
    16.00 - 16.30 Chirpy
    16.50 - 17.30 SENU
    17.50 - 18.30 SYLK
    18.50 - 19.30 Kodu (live)
    19.30 - 21.00 Kodu (DJ set)
    21.20 - 22.50 Lemon Pie Collective
    23.00 - 00.20 Special Guest DJ
    00.30 - 04.00 Gash Collective Takeover

Sunday
    13.00 - 13.40 The HQs
    14.00 - 14.40 Patrick Bergin and the Dominick Street Ramblers
    15.00 - 15.30 Surfing the Waves of Change: Davie Philip TED Talk
    15.50 - 16.30 Itamar Meir
    16.50 - 17.30 Tommee Balukea
    17.30 - 18.30 Nafas Project
    18.50 - 20.10 Se7en Inch Collective
    20.30 - 21.10 Zamo Riffman
    21.30 - 22.10 Cinema
    22.20 - 23.30 Special Guest
    00.00 - 03.30 UV Light Party feat GRAND, Pressure Drop DJs and Anacalypsis

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Hey,

I applied for access and got the access campsite.

Have not received the email your mean to get for this I got on them and said it would be early next week?

Has anyone else who applied for this received it through email?

I've applied as well and I haven't received anything yet. I tried sending an email to ask when we should get more info, but no reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 montybo

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Bumping this one... anyone know if there's an off-license this year?

There's an off license on the official map in Andy Warhol beside the Heineken Cold Rooms.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement