Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

endainoz wrote: »
    That's not as dumb a question as people here might think! They only allowed booze in on your first entry at Indie last month, which I thought was a bit strange....some deal they made with the bars maybe? In saying that I didn't see it being enforced. The answer is yes you can get more booze one your in. I normally make two runs back to the car to get more stuff.

That's great to hear. I always thought you had to bring it all in on entry and that was your lot for the weekend.
    So they're cool with nipping out and bringing in more supplies over the weekend? I guess they don't enforce the allowance then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

I've applied as well and I haven't received anything yet. I tried sending an email to ask when we should get more info, but no reply!
    I got word on Sunday that I was granted Access and another email to follow re directions. expecting email by tomorrow... I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Any advice for someone driving from the north staying in Pink Moon with regards to parking etc? It's my first time driving down to it and I'll be leaving late on Friday. I've to work until 6pm on Friday night but will be heading down from Newry straight away at 6.

you'll likely be in red, at the back, it's a pain in the hole from there so pack your gear with care or get a trolley.

You can save yourself a good 30 mins of the walk though by heading for the paintball entrance, check MJohnsons map in post #1 of this thread. The while line from red along the road is actually a path in the field beside the road and will take you from Red to the paintball entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    When you enter from Wilde from the salty dog, walk across towards Hendrix and Joplin camps,rave in the woods is on your left as you leave Wilde. Called anachronica

zactly

PLPV41H.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Wing126 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with the app, in that Sunday isn't appearing as an option. Any reason?

If anyone else is having this problem do this:

Delete it from My Timetables, refresh All Timetables (top right button) and reload EP 2018 from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Hey,

I applied for access and got the access campsite.

Have not received the email your mean to get for this I got on them and said it would be early next week?

Has anyone else who applied for this received it through email?

I've applied as well and I haven't received anything yet. I tried sending an email to ask when we should get more info, but no reply!
    Yeah I emailed them 2 weeks before and they only got back to me Sunday saying it would be early this week.

Hopefully soon anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

The Green Car Park on the N80 V,W,X,Y & Z, is retained for use by patrons attending for Sunday only and as a contingency car park to divert traffic to in the event that congestion occurs onto the Motorway on Friday.

So if you're camping in pink moon, they're going to make you do a cross country trek from the red carpark to get there? :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The Walking on Cars / Gavin James etc type bands could actually work out quite well for clash purposes:

Saturday during Gavin James and Dua Lipa we have These Charming Men, Mount Kimbie, The Frank and Walters, the Modern Stranglers and King Krule. All sold bands to see, but they are the type I would normally miss if they clashed with a good headliner.

Sunday during George Ezra and Picture This we have sing along social, the Blaze, Cotter Wall, Death Grips, Bitch Falcon and Fontaines D.C. Again, solid bands that I might not otherwise get to see.

And this is without the Electric Arena announcements for those days. The Friday doesn't seem to have much alternative to Walking on Cars, although they are bookended by King Kong Company and Bad Bones, but hopefully Cigarettes After Sex or Wolf Alice will come up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Has the Ben Howard time not been announced yet? Inevitable but there are so many clashes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

messi1900 wrote: »
    ewj1978 wrote: »
    Any advice for someone driving from the north staying in Pink Moon with regards to parking etc? It's my first time driving down to it and I'll be leaving late on Friday. I've to work until 6pm on Friday night but will be heading down from Newry straight away at 6.

Head down the M9 and come in from that side. M9-Athy-stradbally
    The M8/M7 will be chaos.
    Looking at the Garda Traffic Plan if you approach from Athy is there any risk of being diverted to the Yellow car park once on the N80?
    I would say that there is a good probability you'll be diverted to yellow. This is what the EP site says for car travel:
    "[font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif]N80 Carlow & South East[/font]
    [font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif]Travel along the N80 and N78 to Simmons Mills and proceed via the Windy Gap into Stradbally. Turn left at Court Square (opposite Dunne’s pub) onto the Timahoe Road and turn left into the designated car park."[/font]

• Advertisement

Would it not make more sense for the organisers to link where you're camping to where you park?! :rolleyes:
    One of the only things I really really hate about EP is the parking mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have one pass for the BYEco campsite if anyone wants it.

First to reply gets it :)

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have one pass for the BYEco campsite if anyone wants it.

First to reply gets it :)

Aargh, in too late! Still need one if anyone else has one, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cian_M

So looks like the on site off licence is closed as of 6pm yesterday

Did any of you see any announcement of the off licence either opening or closing? Just wondering cause it seemed to pass right by me and everyone I'm going with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Something mad like €30 so I have one lined up from Halfords in Belgard Tallaght for €7, getting it collected today. Literally everywhere else at Liffey Valley Retail Park and Fonthill Retail Park has been cleared out of camping gear in general!

The halfords ones are basically made of tissue, had one before and it didn't last more than a few hours.

If anyone else is staying in BYEco come say hi, I'll be the guy with the tent with the glowing flags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

erica74 wrote: »
    The Green Car Park on the N80 V,W,X,Y & Z, is retained for use by patrons attending for Sunday only and as a contingency car park to divert traffic to in the event that congestion occurs onto the Motorway on Friday.

So if you're camping in pink moon, they're going to make you do a cross country trek from the red carpark to get there? :mad:

If you go early on Fri you will always get into Green

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

Does anyone know where taxis pick you up and drop you off? Sorry if it was discussed earlier, I couldn't see anything

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yeah..... if you come into stradbally from the portlaoise side youll be put into green.

i intend going across country to come in through rathineska and try to get into red from the abbeyleix side

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

erica74 wrote: »

I was there 10.30ish last year and got into green no problem.
    It does seem to be the default for Thurs night early access this year also so "only Sunday" bit isn't accurate..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

The halfords ones are basically made of tissue, had one before and it didn't last more than a few hours.

If anyone else is staying in BYEco come say hi, I'll be the guy with the tent with the glowing flags

I’ll be in the giant 8 man green tent! I’ll look out for those now. Aiming to be at the back somewhere near enough the loo watts

• Advertisement

Right, got my Coleman 3 man blackout tent. Decided to do a trial setup, all grand until I had to put the f**king thing back in the bag, jesus it was near impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Has the Ben Howard time not been announced yet? Inevitable but there are so many clashes :(

Just for anyone going to see Ben Howard, be aware that he plays NOTHING from Every Kingdom, he only plays the new stuff and it's Gack! (IMO- as a previously huge fan of his)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I'm pretty sure we got to the main N80 roundabout just before 2 last year and there was no diversion so we kept on driving to Green. Year before same time and we had to talk to a garda and ask them to let us pass, my wife has MS so walking long distances can be difficult for her. We park in Green and camp in PM so it's best for us. This year we'll maybe target arriving at 1 but I fully expect a Garda presence at that roundabout again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Just for anyone going to see Ben Howard, be aware that he plays NOTHING from Every Kingdom, he only plays the new stuff and it's Gack! (IMO- as a previously huge fan of his)

That's disappointing enough alright, obviously he is sick of playing the old stuff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Cian_M wrote: »

Did any of you see any announcement of the off licence either opening or closing? Just wondering cause it seemed to pass right by me and everyone I'm going with

Where'd you hear it's closed? I've been trying to find out about the off-license for the last week but found very little.

Last few years it's been well advertised and I've pre-ordered my beer, this year I've not seen anything about it...other than the poster above pointing out that it's at least on the map.

We always arrive before 11am and have never gotten into the green carpark.
    I'm pretty sure we got to the main N80 roundabout just before 2 last year and there was no diversion so we kept on driving to Green. Year before same time and we had to talk to a garda and ask them to let us pass, my wife has MS so walking long distances can be difficult for her. We park in Green and camp in PM so it's best for us. This year we'll maybe target arriving at 1 but I fully expect a Garda presence at that roundabout again.

At least they let you pass anyway, although it would be great if the parking was clear and exact. I also can't walk long distances due to back problems so I'm trying to cut down the walking as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

That's disappointing enough alright, obviously he is sick of playing the old stuff :rolleyes:

Ya, I can't stand when bands do that... Just take a look at a recent setlist
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ben-howard/2018/concert-hall-sydney-opera-house-sydney-australia-7beb2acc.html

Nothing from Every Kingdom, or Burgh Island EP and only two songs from IFWWW..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Cian_M wrote: »

Where are you seeing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

Anyone know thew name of the App or the chap that does the EP app on Boards. Used it previous and it's very good, can't seem to find it on play store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement