Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cian_M

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Where'd you hear it's closed? I've been trying to find out about the off-license for the last week but found very little.

Last few years it's been well advertised and I've pre-ordered my beer, this year I've not seen anything about it...other than the poster above pointing out that it's at least on the map.

I was just on this website here

http://order.electricpicnic.ie/

I used the same login details as last year and when i got in it said that the deadline was 6pm 27/08/2018

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

IBrows89 wrote: »
    Anyone know thew name of the App or the chap that does the EP app on Boards. Used it previous and it's very good, can't seem to find it on play store.

Festable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

IBrows89 wrote: »
    Anyone know thew name of the App or the chap that does the EP app on Boards. Used it previous and it's very good, can't seem to find it on play store.

Festable

Mr.S wrote: »
    That was only for pre orders. They have it well stocked throughout the festival so you can just rock up.

Ahhhhh thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Band of Horses rocking out on"funeral" was a highlight for me last year.....Gang of Youths could be it this year.....kicks in at 6.30 ish mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE5prFYcgSI
    Not sure on the lyrics mind you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

The halfords ones are basically made of tissue, had one before and it didn't last more than a few hours.

If anyone else is staying in BYEco come say hi, I'll be the guy with the tent with the glowing flags

I won't have flags. But I'll be the guy putting up two tents while my Mrs watches and tells me what I'm doing wrong. After that, I'll be the guy drinking Franciscan Well Chieftan.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Has the Ben Howard time not been announced yet? Inevitable but there are so many clashes :(

Just for anyone going to see Ben Howard, be aware that he plays NOTHING from Every Kingdom, he only plays the new stuff and it's Gack! (IMO- as a previously huge fan of his)
    In that case, I will giving him a miss - big fan of Every Kingdom but don't like the new stuff.  That's an odd - turning his back on the material that won him fans in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Have never had a problem going to Green car park early on the Friday, arrived at 9am in 2016 and 1pm in 2017.

Came up through Vicarstown in 2017 to Stradbally took a right and straight to Green, this year there is a diversion near there so will try through Athy

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Irish Daily Mirror is live from the Picnic site now on Facebook. Some performance on...comments say Wild Youth.

Can’t fully watch what’s happening because I’m in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Walking on Cars / Gavin James etc type bands could actually work out quite well for clash purposes:

Saturday during Gavin James and Dua Lipa we have These Charming Men, Mount Kimbie, The Frank and Walters, the Modern Stranglers and King Krule. All sold bands to see, but they are the type I would normally miss if they clashed with a good headliner.

Sunday during George Ezra and Picture This we have sing along social, the Blaze, Cotter Wall, Death Grips, Bitch Falcon and Fontaines D.C. Again, solid bands that I might not otherwise get to see.

And this is without the Electric Arena announcements for those days. The Friday doesn't seem to have much alternative to Walking on Cars, although they are bookended by King Kong Company and Bad Bones, but hopefully Cigarettes After Sex or Wolf Alice will come up then.

Is there a collective noun for the “Gavin James/Walking On Cars/Picture This” type bands, cuz it’s stark how easily they’re referred to collectively on this forum. Post-Sheeran Bongwater?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Wooderson wrote: »
    Is there a collective noun for the “Gavin James/Walking On Cars/Picture This” type bands, cuz it’s stark how easily they’re referred to collectively on this forum. Post-Sheeran Bongwater?

Hunzo music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

CantonaGod wrote: »
    Band of Horses rocking out on"funeral" was a highlight for me last year.....Gang of Youths could be it this year.....kicks in at 6.30 ish mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE5prFYcgSI
    Not sure on the lyrics mind you..

I think Magnolia by Gang of youths could be fairly epic, like Let it happen by Tame Impala a few years back, place just went nuts for it.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this?

I logged into this website using my details from last year

http://order.electricpicnic.ie/

However someone pointed out that this was just for preordering and there should be some stocked in the off licence anyway that we can buy down there

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Bumping this one... anyone know if there's an off-license this year?

Not seen any mention of it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Ground looks good, not too many wearing wellies in the longer video.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

smalloran wrote: »
    I got word on Sunday that I was granted Access and another email to follow re directions. expecting email by tomorrow... I hope.

Just got a reply for access:

The car passes and access guide are in the process of being finalised.

You will receive both in the next couple days. The car pass will be sent from noreplycarpass@festivalrepublic.com.

Apologies for the delays.

Best wishes,

Alice | Access Team

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Poorside wrote:
    He could show up in Trailer Park.

Or guest spot in Other Voiced

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Just passed these guys on the motorway. I wonder where they’re going

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

Looking at the map and they are directing all those in the family campervan and disabled camping through the Jimi Hendrix campsite to get to main stage. Have they lost their marbles???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Wooderson wrote: »

My "Holy Trinity of Bedwetters" phrase works! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

liking that new roof on the Heineken area!

full video:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Just passed these guys on the motorway. I wonder where they’re going
    a nicer sight than the trailer full of portaloos I saw this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

erica74 wrote: »
    Would it not make more sense for the organisers to link where you're camping to where you park?! :rolleyes:
    One of the only things I really really hate about EP is the parking mess.

A logistical nightmare. The organisers would welcome suggestions, particularly when many people still don’t know whereabouts they’re camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I swear to god im going to get fired this week for my attention span and loosing the will to live here

I just keep dreaming to that moment when im sitting down with that first can, looking at my beautifully highlighted and laminated clashfinder print out......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    A logistical nightmare. The organisers would welcome suggestions, particularly when many people still don’t know whereabouts they’re camping.

General campsite & campervan = Red carpark
    Pink moon/Podpads site = green carpark
    Family camping, other boutique site = yellow carpark

My "Holy Trinity of Bedwetters" phrase works! :D

The shortened Bedwetters is a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Jorja Smith is going to be packed out in the Cosby tent, should really be in the EA.

erica74 wrote: »
    General campsite & campervan = Red carpark
    Pink moon/Podpads site = green carpark
    Family camping, other boutique site = yellow carpark

Campervans don’t require car parks.

And are you suggesting that Red takes the bulk of cars while Green & Yellow remain more than half empty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Does anyone know If Yellow Car park will be open on Thursday evening?

Had to park in Green last year, cart stuff to boutique then move car round to yellow early Friday morning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement