Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Well the hosepipe ban has been extended for Laois so good luck to anyone pitching tents. Ground must be rock solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

mocata wrote: »
    Does anyone know If Yellow Car park will be open on Thursday evening?

Had to park in Green last year, cart stuff to boutique then move car round to yellow early Friday morning

I'm pretty sure I've read on social media that green will be the only carpark open on Thursday but I may be corrected on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

If you go early on Fri you will always get into Green

How early are we talkin' here?:o

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

MsMojave wrote: »
    Well the hosepipe ban has been extended for Laois so good luck to anyone pitching tents. Ground must be rock solid.

??

They don't hose the camp sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

CantonaGod wrote: »
    Band of Horses rocking out on"funeral" was a highlight for me last year.....Gang of Youths could be it this year.....kicks in at 6.30 ish mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE5prFYcgSI
    Not sure on the lyrics mind you..

stand out moment for me too last year......was amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

ricerocket wrote: »
    In that case, I will giving him a miss - big fan of Every Kingdom but don't like the new stuff.  That's an odd - turning his back on the material that won him fans in the first place?

Yup.. I've heard he's awful contrary so I'm not too surprised by him anymore

Went to see him in Munich and he had an awful attitude with the crowd, really turned me off every wanting to meet him...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rfrip wrote: »
    I swear to god im going to get fired this week for my attention span and loosing the will to live here

I just keep dreaming to that moment when im sitting down with that first can, looking at my beautifully highlighted and laminated clashfinder print out......

Same here. I arrived in work this morning and thought how am I possibly going to go through another 3 days of work this week, it's like serving a prison sentence. Have been flat out reading this thread and updating the clashfinder, starting to take shape although still plenty to come.

I wonder when we are going to get the rest of the Body & Soul times? Last year they released all of them on the Monday but this year it was just the main.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

MsMojave wrote: »

Its not actually, seems fine for putting up tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Have never had a problem going to Green car park early on the Friday, arrived at 9am in 2016 and 1pm in 2017.

Came up through Vicarstown in 2017 to Stradbally took a right and straight to Green, this year there is a diversion near there so will try through Athy

Where is the diversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Same here. I arrived in work this morning and thought how am I possibly going to go through another 3 days of work this week, it's like serving a prison sentence. Have been flat out reading this thread and updating the clashfinder, starting to take shape although still plenty to come.

I wonder when we are going to get the rest of the Body & Soul times? Last year they released all of them on the Monday but this year it was just the main.

Looks like everything else is coming tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Where is the diversion?

"Traffic travelling from Vicarstown on the Friday will not be allowed to enter Stradbally and a diversion at Garrons Cross will be in place."

Mad b******s

5vgX2pv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ??

They don't hose the camp sites?

Obviously (although maybe not) the lack of rain for the foreseeable future is part of the hosepipe ban. So there’ll be solid ground afoot. I’ll stop talking muck now.
    Its not actually, seems fine for putting up tents.

Confirmed. I was talking muck.
    endainoz wrote: »
    Won't be a problem, tent pegs will still go down easy enough in hard ground. If someone had some esb poles to drive down it might be an issue.

Okay. I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

MsMojave wrote:

Won't be a problem, tent pegs will still go down easy enough in hard ground. If someone had some esb poles to drive down it might be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Mad b******s

5vgX2pv.jpg

WTF is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like everything else is coming tomorrow.

Probably, just seems like a lot to announce in one day considering we have only got 4 or 5 each of the last two days. Still to come: Electric Arena, Little Big Tent, Salty Dog, Trailer Park, Anachronica, the rest of Body&Soul, Throwback tent, Hazel Wood, Mindfield, Transmission, ArtLot.

eplady2017 wrote: »

One of the new rides in the carnival :D

eplady2017 wrote: »

La Fura dels Baus practising

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Probably, just seems like a lot to announce in one day considering we have only got 4 or 5 each of the last two days. Still to come: Electric Arena, Little Big Tent, Salty Dog, Trailer Park, Anachronica, the rest of Body&Soul, Throwback tent, Hazel Wood, Mindfield, Transmission, ArtLot.

as usual with the Irish Times, they'll probably announce a few of these (probably EA, LBT, Mindfield and Salty Dog) and then not bother with the rest.

B&S Peace Pagoda running order is here at least:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2148073045514381/

In Little Picnic

leO7egFl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Any idea if Early Entry is off sale or just not available online..

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I won't have flags. But I'll be the guy putting up two tents while my Mrs watches and tells me what I'm doing wrong. After that, I'll be the guy drinking Franciscan Well Chieftan.

Ah but that's her revenge for you taking all the glory for the Summer BBQs i.e. man cooks meat - HERO! Woman does the shopping, marinating, salad making, table setting ………………….. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Something mad like €30 so I have one lined up from Halfords in Belgard Tallaght for €7, getting it collected today. Literally everywhere else at Liffey Valley Retail Park and Fonthill Retail Park has been cleared out of camping gear in general!

The trolley was €75.

€75 for a feckin festival trolley.

...I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I wonder when that La Fura thing will be on. Definitely want to catch it

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Rankin Woods on Saturday looks immense, I might actually spend the whole day in there then saunter over to Le Galaxie in Jerry Fish or Massive Attack on the main stage

Mik Pyro
    will be singing Republic of Loose songs I assume(?)
    Maggie Rogers
    Dermot Kennedy
    Tom Misch
    Mount Kimbie
    King Krule
    Nina Kraviz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Rankin Woods on Saturday looks immense, I might actually spend the whole day in there then saunter over to Le Galaxie in Jerry Fish or Massive Attack on the main stage

Mik Pyro
    will be singing Republic of Loose songs I assume(?)
    Maggie Rogers
    Dermot Kennedy
    Tom Misch
    Mount Kimbie
    King Krule
    Nina Kraviz

Wasn't last year in the Trailer Park. He was mainly doing a mixture of blues standards and new stuff. Could be different this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

...I bought it.

The trolley was €75.

The trolley was €75.

...I bought it.

So did I...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I saw the price, said 'not a hope', then thought about all the times I've arrived down with cans and tent, got set up and then had to make the trek all the way back to the car for airbed/chair/backpack etc. Herself has a bad back so I'm usually carrying for two also. Saving an hour (per festival) on car runs feels like the investment will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Do ye not have wheel barrows you can bring?
    Thats what I'm planning on doing (well borrowing my Dads wheel barrow)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I saw the price, said 'not a hope', then thought about all the times I've arrived down with cans and tent, got set up and then had to make the trek all the way back to the car for airbed/chair/backpack etc. Herself has a bad back so I'm usually carrying for two also. Saving an hour (per festival) on car runs feels like the investment will be worth it.

had one of these for the last few years and wouldn't do a festival without it now:
    https://www.diy.com/departments/mac-allister-shovel-platform-trolley-max-weight-250kg/1357679_BQ.prd

can't check that for stock in Irish B&Q stores it seems, but Woodies have similar and loads in stock still too:
    https://www.woodies.ie/master-sacktruck-with-pneumatic-wheels-250-kg-capacity-363759

couple of bungee chords (i got mine from Halfords i think) and no bother taking slab of cans, tent, chairs, airbeds....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement