Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Wheelbarrows are a pain in the hoop, useless on uneven ground and when you've reached the site you have to trek back to the car if you want it to be there the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

The trolley was €75.

€75 for a feckin festival trolley.

...I bought it.

I've a rucksack for my back for clothes, pyjamas, towels, wellies.

I've a granny trolley for my drink, food, sleeping bag. That's one hand gone.

Other hand for tent (4 man for myself).

Second trip back to the car for chair, air mattress and pump. If I survive the first.....

Yeah, the range trolley should carry everything bar our backpacks so I'm sorted on that front.

Related/unrelated, a few years ago she got tired of being freezing at night and then waking up in a sauna in the sleeping bag, she suggested bringing a duvet. We ended up bringing down the airbed with a fitted sheet, duvet and two full pillows. I have never slept better at a festival and I don't think I'll ever go back to a sleeping bag unless I'm alone in the tent, the freedom and comfort of being able to kick the covers off as needed is unbelievable.

You also have so much more room for activities.

Also Halfords are half brains - rang me yesterday after I reserved my cheapo chair, said yeah no bother you can collect it tomorrow. My poor ma treks all the way up only to be told there's no chair and they haven't had chairs for weeks...

Fuming. Sourced a lend of one now from a lad I know who's in the army, but god knows it'll probably be a tonne weight. Why do I do it to myself every year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

That diversion from Vicarstown is a pain in the swiss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I've a rucksack for my back for clothes, pyjamas, towels, wellies.

I've a granny trolley for my drink, food, sleeping bag. That's one hand gone.

Other hand for tent (4 man for myself).

Second trip back to the car for chair, air mattress and pump. If I survive the first.....

Where do you put your slippers?

Where do you put your slippers?

On me feet, obviously

Also Halfords are half brains - rang me yesterday after I reserved my cheapo chair, said yeah no bother you can collect it tomorrow. My poor ma treks all the way up only to be told there's no chair and they haven't had chairs for weeks...

Fuming. Sourced a lend of one now from a lad I know who's in the army, but god knows it'll probably be a tonne weight. Why do I do it to myself every year

Micksgarage have them for a tenner - https://www.micksgarage.com/d/camping-furniture/products/3384667/canvas-chair-with-arms

They do next day delivery but I've never waited more than 48 hours with standard shipping for anything I've ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 montybo

An Puball Gaeilge (Irish Tent) in Mindfield lineup is out. Showing All Ireland final as usual
    Can't post links so put https:// before it
    pbs.twimg.com/media/Dlm4FQuWwAAUEE6.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

For anyone still looking for chairs I seen them in Tesco for 10 bills yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Same here. I arrived in work this morning and thought how am I possibly going to go through another 3 days of work this week, it's like serving a prison sentence. Have been flat out reading this thread and updating the clashfinder, starting to take shape although still plenty to come.

I wonder when we are going to get the rest of the Body & Soul times? Last year they released all of them on the Monday but this year it was just the main.

I'm gonna have to donate money to a charity of your choice or something, as I feel like I've been using nothing but your clashfinders to the past year or two.

The EP one in particular must be a massive amount of effort. Hugely appreciated FB as it makes a massive difference to the stage planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Rankin Woods on Saturday looks immense, I might actually spend the whole day in there then saunter over to Le Galaxie in Jerry Fish or Massive Attack on the main stage

Mik Pyro
    will be singing Republic of Loose songs I assume(?)
    Maggie Rogers
    Dermot Kennedy
    Tom Misch
    Mount Kimbie
    King Krule
    Nina Kraviz

Probably the section of the weekend I am most looking forward to.

Into Massive Attack after and finish up with Youngr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Same here. I arrived in work this morning and thought how am I possibly going to go through another 3 days of work this week, it's like serving a prison sentence. Have been flat out reading this thread and updating the clashfinder, starting to take shape although still plenty to come.

I wonder when we are going to get the rest of the Body & Soul times? Last year they released all of them on the Monday but this year it was just the main.

Maybe you should take a day off?

Edit: I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Does screwfi have a bricks and mortar location we can pick up trollies at? Mightn't get it delivered on time at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Knex. wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to donate money to a charity of your choice or something, as I feel like I've been using nothing but your clashfinders to the past year or two.

The EP one in particular must be a massive amount of effort. Hugely appreciated FB as it makes a massive difference to the stage planning.

Me too

Really appreciate it FB :) We are going to all the same things i think so would be great to buy you a pint....il be the one singing johnny logan :pac::pac::pac:

speaking of him....no stage times yet....me nerves...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Wooderson wrote: »
    That diversion from Vicarstown is a pain in the swiss.

It is but where are they diverting to? If you’re at vicarstown diversion will you be sent to yellow? Red car park seems like you’d have to drive past green to get there if coming from vicarstown

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rfrip wrote: »
    Really appreciate it FB :) We are going to all the same things i think so would be great to buy you a pint....il be the one singing johnny logan :pac::pac::pac:

What's another beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Knex. wrote: »

Me too

Cheers lads. I didn't even create the one this year (not sure who did) but have been updating it a lot the past few days along with some others who contribute also! It's part of the excitement in the build up and keeps me occupied in work :pac: You might see me on Sunday, I'll be the worse for ware guy sprinting from Chic to Denis Sulta after the last song..

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Is it even red, green and yellow car parks this year? The Gardai seem to think it's A, B and C on one side and V, W, X, Y and Z on the other. I'm reading their document now and coming from the north I'll be pushed towards B and C then A when they fill up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone looking for pinkmoon rainbow tipi tent for 2? Unfortunately I cant make the festival and im trying to recoup my losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 montybo

Me too

joe.ie have put out the times for Electric Ireland Tent
    FRIDAY
    2pm - 4pm: DJ Throwback
    4pm - 6pm: Bring Back Dance
    6pm - 7.30pm: DJ Throwback
    7.30pm - 9pm: Spring Break

SATURDAY
    12pm - 2pm: Throwback Movies: Free Willy
    2pm - 4pm: Throwback Movies: Mrs. Doubtfire
    4pm - 6pm: Bring Back Dance
    6pm - 7pm: DJ Throwback
    7pm - 7.45pm: Heather Small: The Voice of M People
    7.45pm - 8.15pm: DJ Throwback
    8.15pm - 9pm: B*Witched

SUNDAY
    12pm - 1.30pm: Throwback Movies: Stand by Me
    1.30pm - 3.30pm: Throwback Movies: Grease
    3.30pm - 5pm: Bring Back Dance
    5pm - 7pm: DJ Throwback
    7pm - 8.15pm: Smash Hits
    8.15pm - 8.30pm: Smash Hits Bring Back the Slow Set
    8.30pm - 9pm: DJ Throwback
    9pm - 9.30pm: Johnny Logan Sing Along

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Me too

9 - 9.30pm on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

In fairness I took up about five pages this year with my moaning

Will this be the first time an EP thread has hit 10k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

neddynono wrote: »
    It is but where are they diverting to? If you’re at vicarstown diversion will you be sent to yellow? Red car park seems like you’d have to drive past green to get there if coming from vicarstown

I’m pretty sure I was (eventually) filtered through to the centre of Stradbally the past two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Any idea who would be playing after kkc in the Electric Arena guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Wooderson wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure I was (eventually) filtered through to the centre of Stradbally the past two years.

vague memories of this also

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

Torn between Johnny Logan and Death Grips. They're EQUALLY hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

dansan7 wrote: »
    Torn between Johnny Logan and Death Grips. They're EQUALLY hardcore.

Logan and Picture this is the clash of the weekend.
    Will be a great time to get a pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Is it even red, green and yellow car parks this year? The Gardai seem to think it's A, B and C on one side and V, W, X, Y and Z on the other. I'm reading their document now and coming from the north I'll be pushed towards B and C then A when they fill up.

Red are A, B & C
    Green are V, W, X, Y & Z
    Yellow is just one field I believe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement