Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I thought the Big Billy Goats Gruff got you.

Haha whaaaaat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

If EP are not all over David Byrne i'll be severely disappointed in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yea they were announced for Governers Ball , hopefully its not just an US tour . They would be perfect as an EA Headliner.
    they've played Reading/Leeds the week before EP a few times over the last few years and never been booked, so I'm not holding out much hope, but I'd love if they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Gaslight Anthem as EP headliners? How? They’ve one tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think its time Massive Attack paid a visit again, just heard Unfinished Sympathy on Today FM, would like to see them in better weather conditions. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wooderson wrote: »
    Gaslight Anthem as EP headliners? How? They’ve one tune.

i said headline the Electric Arena , They do have a decent following over here too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

MadYaker wrote: »
    Haim second on the poster after Beyonce is fairly baffling? If they'd played here it'd be in the olympia.

They were second headliner for one of the nights 2016 until they pulled out of touring because they hadn’t finished recording their latest album.

I’d say that they’ll be guaranteed to play EP this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

The prodigy have tour dates finishing July, in France. Hmmm.....
    http://theprodigy.com/live/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

patch wrote: »
    The prodigy have tour dates finishing July

Grumpy_cat_%27good%27.jpg

The prodigy have tour dates finishing July, in France. Hmmm.....
    http://theprodigy.com/live/

Unless they are doing Longitude?

• Advertisement

They must be due to do an Irish festival by now. They used to always be on the lineup for the likes of Oxygen & Witnness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Hopefully not! They'd be ideal on fri or Sat night. Was never a huge fan at the time, but they had hits that still sound damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Surely their sthick is worn out by now

BaZmO* wrote: »
    They must be due to do an Irish festival by now. They used to always be on the lineup for the likes of Oxygen & Witnness.

Yea they haven't done a festival here or even an outdoor show here in 7-8 years??? (
    Hopefully not! They'd be ideal on fri or Sat night. Was never a huge fan at the time, but they had hits that still sound damn good.

I seen them at Rock Im Park 2009 and Pukkelpop 2010 which were 2 unreal gigs. They just have a great live show between the production (visuals and band) plus they have so many hits to keep the crowd going for 90 mins.

Yea they def would be a great start to the festival on the friday night.

Yea they haven't done a festival here or even an outdoor show here in 7-8 years??? (

2009 at Slane supporting Oasis.

They’re amazing live. They bring such incredible energy to their gigs.

First time seeing them live was 1992? In the Point, and I’ve seen them so many times since (a lot of times at festivals) and they never disappoint.

I don’t care what the naysayers say, they’d be a great addition to EP.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    2009 at Slane supporting Oasis.

They’re amazing live. They bring such incredible energy to their gigs.

First time seeing them live was 1992? In the Point, and I’ve seen them so many times since (a lot of times at festivals) and they never disappoint.

I don’t care what the naysayers say, they’d be a great addition to EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When I went on the day trip to Oxegen Sunday 2010 I chose the Prodigy over Eminem, it was worth it, they are a fantastic act and have enough retro nineties hits for a great late night gig.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

Heaven on earth rave, what a moment for Dublin.

ASIMON0V wrote: »
    Heaven on earth rave, what a moment for Dublin.

I assume that was a response to my post. Yeah it was Heaven & Earth. Some gig. After party on Dollymount Strand. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Bit off topic but just filling out my calender for events and sports dates and EP Sunday clashes with the new All Ireland SFC final. Major head melter if your a supporter and your county gets there. Yes I know the Hurling community have had this dilemma but I am being selfish.
    Horrible decision to make If my county gets there again. F**k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Bit off topic but just filling out my calender for events and sports dates and EP Sunday clashes with the new All Ireland SFC final. Major head melter if your a supporter and your county gets there. Yes I know the Hurling community have had this dilemma but I am being selfish.

There is always something it clashes with. C'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone else feel no desire whatsoever to ever attend Coachella?

Coachella was on my bucket list until I heard from someone who went that you can only drink beer in designated "zones" and not bring your pints up to the stage areas etc. never had any desire to go again after hearing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Thinking of heading down on Thursday this year, we’re staying in pink moon, what stages are Open Thursday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

dylbert wrote: »
    Thinking of heading down on Thursday this year, we’re staying in pink moon, what stages are Open Thursday night?
    None

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

None

Not quite....

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/electric-picnic-welcomes-all-female-comedy-line

For the first time in the festival’s history, a stage will be open to the 5,000 early entry campers who arrive on Thursday night before the festival opens its gates on Friday. This very special comedy stage will give a platform to some of the country’s best female acts.

The line up includes; Joanne McNally who will be your watchful eye and MC for the evening, Aoife Dooley, Lisa Casey, Sharon Mannion, Aine Gallagher, Harriet Braine, Ashlee Bentley, Sahar Ali, Blaithin DeBurca, Aoife O'Connor, Christina McMahon, Orla O'Doherty Brown, Fiona Frawley and Grace Mulvey.

The idea was born from a chance meeting at this year’s festival between Festival Director Melvin Benn and Emily O’Callaghan. Emily, a sometime stand up herself, had noticed a lack of female talent in the comedy line up at many festivals, as did Melvin. Separately, striving to bring more gender balance to the festival and the music industry in general, Melvin started the ReBalance programme in the UK and he will now extend the principle with the Comedy Stage at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Ken Tucky wrote: »

Went up the hurling final last year & back down again shortly after eight (big up Mammy Tago Mago). Missed a few acts I'd been meaning to catch including Lemon Twigs but was worth it returning victorious after a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

showpony1 wrote: »
    Coachella was on my bucket list until I heard from someone who went that you can only drink beer in designated "zones" and not bring your pints up to the stage areas etc. never had any desire to go again after hearing that.

They also have a very strict curfew on noise between like 12-6am, you can be thrown out for breaking it......... Can you imagine trying to enforce that at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Not quite....

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/electric-picnic-welcomes-all-female-comedy-line

For the first time in the festival’s history, a stage will be open to the 5,000 early entry campers who arrive on Thursday night before the festival opens its gates on Friday. This very special comedy stage will give a platform to some of the country’s best female acts.

The line up includes; Joanne McNally who will be your watchful eye and MC for the evening, Aoife Dooley, Lisa Casey, Sharon Mannion, Aine Gallagher, Harriet Braine, Ashlee Bentley, Sahar Ali, Blaithin DeBurca, Aoife O'Connor, Christina McMahon, Orla O'Doherty Brown, Fiona Frawley and Grace Mulvey.

The idea was born from a chance meeting at this year’s festival between Festival Director Melvin Benn and Emily O’Callaghan. Emily, a sometime stand up herself, had noticed a lack of female talent in the comedy line up at many festivals, as did Melvin. Separately, striving to bring more gender balance to the festival and the music industry in general, Melvin started the ReBalance programme in the UK and he will now extend the principle with the Comedy Stage at EP

So basically putting the girls on when there's feck all people there... Why not have a lovely girls competition too!!! (Sarc!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Fatfrog wrote: »
    So basically putting the girls on when there's feck all people there... Why not have a lovely girls competition too!!! (Sarc!!)

Another way of looking at it would be putting the girls on when there is no competition for people's attention and thus the girls are the centre (only) stage attraction.

If you put that line-up on a stage any other time over the weekend, no one would turn up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

I thought the Gerry Fish tent done something the Thursday night?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement