Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jaysus they are really dragging out the stage times. To find out half of them the day before the festival is very late notice! That fills out Saturday a lot more for me, nice run of Friendly Fires, Wolf Alice and Jungle. Looks like I'll be at Kendrick Lamar as not much else on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

And,Salty Dog Thursday night, that’s brilliant to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Friday still looking a bit bare for me not a bad thing I suppose. At least they have some music on The Salty Dog on Thursday.....even if it is MoK.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Still no trailer park or little big tent.. Might release them later today hopefully..

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Adam Beyer ??? Is that correct ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Also, dick move stretching this announcement over 4 days.

The small-time pettiness of their comms/PR this year has been embarrassing to behold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Looking at the 3 'headliners' who are closing out the EA each night, surely that must be the weakest they have ever had? It can be forgiven though as the lineup in there during both Saturday & Sunday is really good.

Looking at the 3 'headliners' who are closing out the EA each night, surely that must be the weakest they have ever had? It can be forgiven though as the lineup in there during both Saturday & Sunday is really good.

The Kooks over St. Vincent is strange, but works out very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

You would be complaining if st.vincent clashed with the prodigy

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Maybe we're in for another surprise or two for the Little Big Tent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Now I can see st Vincent and prodigy. Excellent turn of events,

That trio of sigrid friendly fires and wolf Alice in EA on Saturday is nice.

Decision between Colter Wall and Fontaines has been made a lot easier by the St. Vincent timing, see end of Colter, stroll over to St. Vincent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Poorside wrote: »
    Decision between Colter Wall and Fontaines has been made a lot easier by the St. Vincent timing, see end of Colter, stroll over to St. Vincent.
    The Colter Wall/Fontaines clash is probably the only one that has annoyed me...but not sure if Fontaines were down to play another stage over the weekend? Maybe I picked that up incorrectly somewhere

LowOdour wrote: »
    The Colter Wall/Fontaines clash is probably the only one that has annoyed me...but not sure if Fontaines were down to play another stage over the weekend? Maybe I picked that up incorrectly somewhere

Haven’t seen that yet, hopefully they’ll pop up somewhere else, as a surprise guest in Jerry Fish or Salty dog would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Been lucky so far but then I saw that cluster of Jordan Rakei/Wolf Alice/Dua. Some decisions to be made.

Just me or are we missing Gangs Of Youth from Electric Arena.. They are hardly playing Little Big Tent...

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Just me or are we missing Gangs Of Youth from Electric Arena.. They are hardly playing Little Big Tent...

They’ll probably close it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

On the Sunday, natch

So annoying still waiting of little big tent.. Was hoping to spend tonight finalising my clashfinder as I'm heading for tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Wooderson wrote: »
    The small-time pettiness of their comms/PR this year has been embarrassing to behold

This is probably the Irish Times more than EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'll tell you hear and now Sigrid in the EA will be the most difficult one of the weekend to get into!! Id say a huge portion of the massive Dua Lipa crowd will head there. Arrive early it will be jammers!!

eplady2017 wrote: »
    So annoying still waiting of little big tent.. Was hoping to spend tonight finalising my clashfinder as I'm heading for tomorrow night

I was hoping to waste a few in work, not a tap will be done after 12 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

These charming men are on a bit later than was stated earlier in the thread. What happened there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Banking on BD finding the Berlin bunker!! Its got to be outside of the main arena!!
    Did someone have his number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Banking on BD finding the Berlin bunker!! Its got to be outside of the main arena!!
    Did someone have his number?

Sent him a text and a whatsapp... let's see.

What is the Berlin bunker?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hoodor

Adam Beyer is new...

No word on Peggy Gou, Mall Grab or Nina Kraviz...

Nina Kraviz is in Rankin's Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

BadTurtle wrote: »
    These charming men are on a bit later than was stated earlier in the thread. What happened there?

Saw that yea. Thought it was a glitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I honestly do not understand why this is spread out until the Thursday. I can only imagine this is to try ensure that the clashfinder does not get finished up, so people buy lanyards. Maybe next year, it will be all announced on the Thursday afternoon.

disclaimer: natural cynic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement