Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

BadTurtle wrote: »
    What is the Berlin bunker?

Underground bunker somewhere with djs from Berlin. Not on the map though. Needs to be discovered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

So the little big tent must be: Alexis Taylor, Scarlxrd, Sevdaliza, Peggy Gou, Mall Grab, Yxng Bane, Gang of Youths..anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hoodor

Nina Kraviz is in Rankin's Saturday night

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

So the little big tent must be: Alexis Taylor, Scarlxrd, Sevdaliza, Peggy Gou, Mall Grab, Yxng Bane, Gang of Youths..anyone else?

Hoping that Scarlxrd does not join the Sleaford Mods / Prodigy clash.

:eek:

thebusher wrote: »
    Saw that yea. Thought it was a glitch

Might've been pushed later to make room for one of the special guest appearances. Pain in the balls, overlaps with King Krule now, was perfect at the earlier time

• Advertisement

Hoping that Scarlxrd does not join the Sleaford Mods / Prodigy clash.

:eek:

I'd prefer that to the hour earlier Death Grips/St Vincent one. I might actually go see him if he clashes with the Prodigy.

mystic86 wrote: »
    Is there live TV coverage this year? Last year RTE had decent live coverage, haven't heard anything so far about this year...?

Nothing on the RTE EPG.. so no, not this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I honestly do not understand why this is spread out until the Thursday. I can only imagine this is to try ensure that the clashfinder does not get finished up, so people buy lanyards. Maybe next year, it will be all announced on the Thursday afternoon.

disclaimer: natural cynic

The only cynical thing is the way the comms for this festival have been managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Jungle and Dua Lipa on the exact same time, so annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

if I was to guess at where that berlin bunker thing was, I'd imagine it'll be the same place as the RedBull Sounddome last year, in the woods near Trenchtown.
    Although there is a lot of unused wood near Anachronica...

• Advertisement

I just installed the official EP app. It was pretty good last year IIRC. Its a bit of a shambles this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Tickets are on sale now on ticketmaster

Peter File wrote: »
    Tickets are on sale now on ticketmaster

says 250€ .. but they are all gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I honestly do not understand why this is spread out until the Thursday. I can only imagine this is to try ensure that the clashfinder does not get finished up, so people buy lanyards. Maybe next year, it will be all announced on the Thursday afternoon.

disclaimer: natural cynic

Haven't posted on boards in years but had to for this!

It has to be that (as well as Irish Times getting additional clicks). So bloody annoying and petty!!

Bought Lanyards at my first few EPs (started at the tender age of 18) but that was in an era before smartphones were the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marpad

Quick question from a first timer, we are staying in Pink Moon and arriving Friday early evening. We are dropping our kids off with friends in Offaly at 4pm, google maps says it is 45 mins from Stradbally so guessing it will be around 5:30 or maybe even 6pm with traffic by the time we get to the car park (presuming we will be in red given the timeframe). I have a massage booked in body and soul for 7pm (need it to get me into chill zone for the weekend!). Do you think I will make it on time? Ideally I want to bring half the stuff from the car with hubby and at least get pink moon wristband but thinking worst case scenario he can do two car trips or I can help him when I get back....any advice on where I could go to get regular festival wristband from red to go directly to Body and Soul? I don't think it is worth us diverting to approach from Athy in the hope of parking in green at that time of the day. Does anyone who has arrived that time on Friday have an idea of how long we can expect to be in traffic and waiting to check in to Pink Moon?

Haven't posted on boards in years but had to for this!

It has to be that (as well as Irish Times getting additional clicks). So bloody annoying and petty!!

Bought Lanyards at my first few EPs (started at the tender age of 18) but that was in an era before smartphones were the norm.

Number of posts: 2000 + 1
    Last Post: 1 Year 9 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭endainoz

marpad wrote:
    Quick question from a first timer, we are staying in Pink Moon and arriving Friday early evening. We are dropping our kids off with friends in Offaly at 4pm, google maps says it is 45 mins from Stradbally so guessing it will be around 5:30 or maybe even 6pm with traffic by the time we get to the car park (presuming we will be in red given the timeframe). I have a massage booked in body and soul for 7pm (need it to get me into chill zone for the weekend!). Do you think I will make it on time? Ideally I want to bring half the stuff from the car with hubby and at least get pink moon wristband but thinking worst case scenario he can do two car trips or I can help him when I get back....any advice on where I could go to get regular festival wristband from red to go directly to Body and Soul? I don't think it is worth us diverting to approach from Athy in the hope of parking in green at that time of the day. Does anyone who has arrived that time on Friday have an idea of how long we can expect to be in traffic and waiting to check in to Pink Moon?

Your best bet would be to try get in a bit earlier, even a half could mean you avoid the after work Friday traffic. You will still have to use theain entrance to check in and get your wristband, no way of going directly in to body and soul first.

You will likely get diverted to red but aim for green regardless. If I were to guess I'd say it's fairly unlikely you be all settled before 7pm considering the traffic you'll quite likely meet, best of luck all the same ..

marpad wrote: »

I would postpone that massage by 1 hour if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

if I was to guess at where that berlin bunker thing was, I'd imagine it'll be the same place as the RedBull Sounddome last year, in the woods near Trenchtown.

Can’t see it on this map.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

My wife's mum passed away yesterday morning, and the funeral is in Belgium on Saturday. Gutted to be missing EP after being at the last 6.
    I'm still filling in my clashfinder on what I would go and see, and it looks like it would have been an awesome year. The weather looks like it could be legendary.

I have enjoyed the last 6 months of discovering new music and expanding my musical taste, in part thanks to the good folks here and their recommendations. I will follow with interest and envy your excitement and feedback over the next week. Symbolically let it go by giving away my ECO campsite code yesterday. (Tickets are in the process of going).

You are obliged to have a great time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh ya actually thats a good call....

If anyone finds it they have a duty to come on here and update us..but i have full faith in bodhrandue!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Peggy Gou could be playing that Berlin Bunker I know she's from South Korea but I think she's been living in Berlin for years. Just a thought. But most likely playing the little big tent hopefully it's the same time as Clark last year think it was 2am.

Kepler21 wrote: »
    My wife's mum passed away yesterday morning, and the funeral is in Belgium on Saturday. Gutted to be missing EP after being at the last 6.
    I'm still filling in my clashfinder on what I would go and see, and it looks like it would have been an awesome year. The weather looks like it could be legendary.

I have enjoyed the last 6 months of discovering new music and expanding my musical taste, in part thanks to the good folks here and their recommendations. I will follow with interest and envy your excitement and feedback over the next week. Symbolically let it go by giving away my ECO campsite code yesterday. (Tickets are in the process of going).

Very sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Wooderson wrote: »

That map doesn't have everything on it, will ask the guys down there if they can find the bunker

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Wooderson wrote: »

They aren't telling anyone where it is. Needs to be "discovered"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

That Berlin bunker sounds class, love when new stuff like this appears much more exciting than any specific act! Fingers crossed we can find it, wonder will it be in the wooded area or main area? It will make it even more exciting wandering around the festival now looking for the new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

was there any time given for Attention Bebe, are they trailor park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

declanleo wrote: »
    They aren't telling anyone where it is. Needs to be "discovered"

Well it needs to be on the site map for health and safety so it will be marked somewhere, possibly outside of that map

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

pack the rain jackets
    It'll be dry over Ulster and Leinster in the morning on Friday, with hazy sunshine. But cloudier conditions with rain in Munster and Connacht will extend across the country later in the afternoon and early evening. Highest temperatures 17 to 20 degrees, in moderate southerly winds. Patches of light rain, drizzle and fog will clear overnight. A humid night with lowest temperatures of 12 or 13 degrees.

Becoming largely dry for Saturday with any remaining rain and drizzle over parts of Leinster soon clearing. A mix of sunshine and cloud and just well scattered light showers. Highest temperatures 17 to 20 degrees, in light variable breezes. Misty overnight, with a little drizzle here and there, but mostly dry. Another close night with temperatures of 11 to 13 degrees. Towards morning the wind will freshen bringing patchy rain in to the southwest.

On Sunday southwest winds will freshen bringing increasing cloud and outbreaks of rain eastwards over the country, clearing later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Kepler21 wrote: »

Very sorry for your loss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement