Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Number of posts: 2000 + 1
    Last Post: 1 Year 9 months ago.

Had forgotten about my Glasto excitement.

But you know move from daily poster to bi-annual poster

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

My thought process this morning went:

1. Prodigy and St Vincent wont clash. Amazing.

2. The Kooks closing electric arena? Thats a funny choice.

3. Theyve really jammed a load of music into the Sunday this year. Its clash central, with Friday being somewhat light IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

showpony1 wrote: »
    was there any time given for Attention Bebe, are they trailor park?

Friday @ 21:40 in Trailer Park

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

3. Theyve really jammed a load of music into the Sunday this year. Its clash central, with Friday being somewhat light IMO.

presume they put The Kooks at that time to avoid clashes, as people who are interested in them probably want to see George Ezra and Picture This too, so they can catch all 3.
    likewise, St. Vincent fans are probably more likely to want to see Prodigy than Picture This, so this way they can see St. Vincent and Prodigy.
    if The Kooks and St. Vincent were swapped, Picture This clash with The Kooks, and St. Vincent clashes with Prodigy.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Friday is really light - Kendrick will have a massive crowd almost by default.  Apparently the crowd weren't loving it at Reading - numbers dwindled by the time he was finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

None of the initially announced headliners are on Sunday, so If you bought a day ticket (presumably not many did, but still) with the idea of seeing Kendrick, MA or NERD you might be annoyed that it's Picture This and the Prodigy on Sunday instead. So cramming a few subheadliners together probably redresses that somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hoodor

a lot of clashes for me friday night..

probably head for wherever is dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Alright guys I know I'm a basic bitch with this schedule but pls don't judge, mainly dictated by who I'm going with etc. Plus my cousin is playing with Smash Hits so can't miss them. Sweet f all being done in work today, roll on half 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Has anyone gone into the lake before? I meant to two years ago but sweet tins took over. Is it worth it?

EDIT: That NERD/Ben Howard clash is a dirty one seeing as they are both main acts!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

All my thoughts exactly... My Friday very light, that might be my (Il go whoever you guys want to go see evening)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

pack the rain jackets

The weather forecasts are really messing with my head, changing every few hours and each source (yr, accuweather, met.ie & MT Cranium) is giving a different forecast. It doesn't look like it will be washout anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Very last minute, I know, but what are your must-see recommendations?

There are a few acts I want to see, but was mostly planning to wander and discover new music. Getting the fear now of missing something epic though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Alright guys I know I'm a basic bitch with this schedule but pls don't judge, mainly dictated by who I'm going with etc. Plus my cousin is playing with Smash Hits so can't miss them. Sweet f all being done in work today, roll on half 4

While it wouldn't be my route through the weekend, I like your approach of the tiny timetable :-)

If you haven't seen KKC before, then that should definitely trump History of Hip Hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hoodor

There are a few acts I want to see, but was mostly planning to wander and discover new music. Getting the fear now of missing something epic though!

King Kong Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

I'm looking forward to seeing Benjamin Clementine, he's a bit mad and different. Saw him in Rock Werchter and thought he was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

My pick for the weekend are the 3 main stage headliners. Especially The Prodigy, saw them support Oasis in Slane 9 years ago (god I'm old) and they're really unmissable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Friday is busy for me; Ash, Delorentos, Chvrches, King Kong Company, Kendrick, Adam Beyer, with some overlap between them.

Saturday is fairly straight forward; EA for a run of Friendly Fires, Wolf Alice, Jungle, then RW for a bit of King Krule then Nina Kraviz, then over to the main stage for most of Massive Attack.

Sunday is pretty light for me. Sleep thives at 2pm in B&S, Chic (I suppose), Fontaines DC, then St Vincent/Death Grips clash, although I'm not mad on either, then Prodigy/DJ Koze clash which is a pain

plus a few other little bits here and there on the smaller stages that i'll play by ear.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The weather forecasts are really messing with my head, changing every few hours and each source (yr, accuweather, met.ie & MT Cranium) is giving a different forecast. It doesn't look like it will be washout anyway.

Yeah reading between the lines itll be standard grey irish weather but not too rainy and no lightning snow or major meteor strikes.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Death Grips for a live spectacle

Engine Alley for me as i was a huge fan back in the day and never got to see them live.

The blaze might just be the perfect zen at the perfect time ... but direct clash with bitch falcon and cigerettes after sex is painful..... going hard or soft here will depend on the energy levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Sevdaliza hasn't been scheduled yet, but unless she's up against a headliner she should be on everyone's must see list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Has anyone gone into the lake before? I meant to two years ago but sweet tins took over. Is it worth it?

EDIT: That NERD/Ben Howard clash is a dirty one seeing as they are both main acts!

Easiest choice ever, i'd imagine droves will be leaving Ben not long into his set

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Is the guest list cabin at the main entrance?

I'm assuming it's there with the box office collection place?

Bit of a balls to park over there if you actually intended camping in the guest camping..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Banking on BD finding the Berlin bunker!! Its got to be outside of the main arena!!
    Did someone have his number?

I know where it is.

If you head out towards Trenchtown, go through there, its just passed there, take the 3rd Reich

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Can't seem to find Peggy Gou in any of the times announcements so far. Highly frustrating, probably one of the few DJs on my list I've yet to see and I'm still waiting for her time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Easiest choice ever, i'd imagine droves will be leaving Ben not long into his set

why would that be?

everlast75 wrote: »
    I know where it is.

If you head out towards Trenchtown, go through there, its just passed there, take the 3rd Reich

Joke of the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Can't seem to find Peggy Gou in any of the times announcements so far. Highly frustrating, probably one of the few DJs on my list I've yet to see and I'm still waiting for her time.

She's playing Sunday 10.45-midnight in Little Big Tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

jobless wrote: »
    why would that be?

Notoriously doesn’t play any of his old stuff. And has snapped at crowds and called them c**ts for expecting him to

why would that be?

Apparently he doesn't play anything form his Every Kingdom album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

why would that be?

Apparently he only plays new stuff and is a bit of a dickhead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement