Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Ah nice one, cheers for that. That is all of the main tents released so, have updated the clashfinder. Shame that Peggy Gou is clashing with the Prodigy.

That was fast !

I made a couple of little edits earlier which might remove some of Itinerary/Reminders on Festable ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

After seeing the Little Big Tent my Sunday is jammed now, me and my friend
    have different tastes so will be difficult one from 5pm until midnight acts running
    into each other so will be on the move the whole time!

5:30pm - Chic
    6:15pm - RAYE
    7:30pm - Yxng Bane
    10:45pm - The Kooks
    00:00am - Mother DJs

that's how my sunday looks but my friend will want to see Cigarettes after sex, George Ezra & Colter wall.

Usually don't see much on the sunday and wander over to Smash hits in electric Ireland
    to get me going again so will be a different experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

I'm a bit worried we got a new addition in Adam Beyer to fill the Gang of Youths slot. They cancelled their North American tour, and that was running up close to EP.

eplady2017 wrote: »
    I'm I the only one thinking the "Surprise Performance" in the Salty dog Fri @ 00.15 will be King Kong Company!!!!

Also. if not in Little Big Tent then what has happened to Gangs Of Youth???

Somewhere in my head I have a recollection of them being removed or something a few weeks back... EP website was never updated.

Anyone else remember that?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Sevdaliza hasn't been scheduled yet, but unless she's up against a headliner she should be on everyone's must see list.

Listened to her on Spotify,found her very slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/ben-howard-why-i-wont-play-your-favourites-20150317-1402un.html

Well, this says enough.

"People have to learn ... what do you really want from a live show? Do you want people to stand there and entertain you or to challenge themselves and you? It's live music, it's alive.

"If you just want to listen to the record, then go and listen to the f---ing record."

I mean, we want you to play the f**king tracks like, do what you are paid to do.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/ben-howard-why-i-wont-play-your-favourites-20150317-1402un.html

Well, this says enough.

"People have to learn ... what do you really want from a live show? Do you want people to stand there and entertain you or to challenge themselves and you? It's live music, it's alive.

"If you just want to listen to the record, then go and listen to the f---ing record."

I mean, we want you to play the f**king tracks like, do what you are paid to do.

Imagine the paying punters wanting to be entertained. The cheek of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

thebusher wrote: »
    Orielles and Cloves are/were on my list to see.

Please let them fall Tetris like into a nice shaped gap in my itinerary

Ditto. So many clashes already so need a bit of good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

gang of youths dont have EP on their tour schedule..... must have pulled out

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Mother DJ from the HUB Dublin is playing Saturday and Sunday 12-4am, if thats your thing, which it is mine...

Saturday - Jerry Fish Tent
    Sunday - EarthShip, Body and Soul

Saturday I will be at the Rave in the Woods...
    Sunday I will be closing off the festival in style at EarthShip :)

• Advertisement

OMG.. I have 58 "would like to see"... 41 clashes ... time to trim!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

jobless wrote: »

Ah gick. Was really really looking forward to seeing them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Somewhere in my head I have a recollection of them being removed or something a few weeks back... EP website was never updated.

Anyone else remember that?

That sounds familiar. About 3-4 weeks ago HD say.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Ah seriously?? Were on my "definitely go to list"

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

hoodor wrote: »
    Peggy Gou clashing with The Prodigy... bollix

Hi Hoodr, where do u see Peggy gous time slot, thank u

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Right now that most of the times are out my weekend is looking like:

Friday: Hvmmingbyrd > Chvrches > King Kong Company > Versatile > Kendrick Lamar > Krystal Klear > Get Down Edits
    Saturday: Claire Beck b2b Ciara Brady > Sing Along Social > Friendly Fires > Le Boom > Wolf Alice > Jungle > Gundelach > Mall Grab
    Sunday: Sorcha Richardson > Sleep Thieves > Columbia Mills > Kellyanne Byrne > Chic > Denis Sulta > The Blaze > Cinema > The Prodigy > Mother DJs

Small bit of overlap between some, there are a few clashes for me but nothing to cry about. Some of the above will bite the bullet I'm sure when I need to go and stock up on cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Yeah reading between the lines itll be standard grey irish weather but not too rainy and no lightning snow or major meteor strikes.

It's been mad forecast changing by the hour. Most now showing rain midnight Friday for a short while and from 19.00 on Sunday evening.
    But that will probably change again in the next hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Somebody posted a screenshot earlier of an app/site that had a big "CLASH" warning symbol where clashes occur, clashfinder.com doesnt seem to do this from my use or am I being a dummy?

ED E wrote: »
    Somebody posted a screenshot earlier of an app/site that had a big "CLASH" warning symbol where clashes occur, clashfinder.com doesnt seem to do this from my use or am I being a dummy?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.festable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Poorside wrote: »
    Haven’t seen that yet, hopefully they’ll pop up somewhere else, as a surprise guest in Jerry Fish or Salty dog would be good.

Very likely for Jerry Fish after he gave them a leg-up last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Ricey92 wrote: »

Ah seriously?? Were on my "definitely go to list"
    Me too.....looking into it they cancelled US tour, went back to Australia and starting a tour there in October. hardly going to come to Ireland for the one gig....no mention of EP on their tour schedule either.....gutted !

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

That's me just have to highlight must see acts and I'll decide on any clashes on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Major Dad

No hot tubs this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

i have to admit i dont think ive ever had so many acts highlighted before especially during the day
    I dont think ive a minute to spare from dublin gospel choir onwards on sunday

Few things to shout out on to anyone new.....go see dublin gospel choir, chic, mother djs and sing along social.

Sing a long social is such a simple concept but it is so much fun!

Ive actual goosebumps now thinking of those chilled pints at dublin gospel choir starting off an unreal day and night ahead.

Electric Picnic.....how could i have ever doubted you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Who are we thinking for the Special Guests then

There are a few slots over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

mimimcmc wrote: »
    It's shocking bad... IMO
    You might like it, if you like **** music :pac:

His later albums are much better IMO. First one was a bit more poppy I guess so probably more of a mass appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Who are we thinking for the Special Guests then

There are a few slots over the weekend!

Are these special guest slots in Clashfinder? Probably worth putting in!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

My weekend is looking like this:

FRIDAY:
    Must-sees:
    Roadhouse doors
    Chvrches
    KKC
    Versatile
    Kneecap (if i can fit them in)
    Kendrick

Maybes: Roe and Otherkin

SATURDAY:
    Must-sees:
    Kevin McGahern
    Sigrid
    Friendly Fires
    Dua Lipa
    The Minutes
    Le Galaxie

Maybes: Mik Pyro, Le Boom, Mick Flannery, Gavin James, Wolf Alice, Jungle
    Ed Smith and Dermot and Dave

SUNDAY:
    Must-sees:
    Chic
    Fontaines DC
    The Prodigy
    And the guilty please Johnny Logan :D

Maybes: Columbia Mills, Wyvern Lingo, Raye, Kellyanne Byrne, The Kooks,
    Soule, RSAG, Daithi, Abandoman, Cian Finn, Sing Along Social and Pogueology

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Are these special guest slots in Clashfinder? Probably worth putting in!

They are yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hoodor

where and when is sing along social?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement