Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Coz

eplady2017 wrote: »
    My Chvrches and King Kong Company dilemma has been solved for me..

do tell....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Very last minute, I know, but what are your must-see recommendations?

I've seen Le Boom twice already this year & will be straight back to them for this, cracking live act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    ?

Was my big clash but turns of KKC not starting now till 8.30...
    So will get to see full set of both :D:D:D
    Ah nice one was looking to see both as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

SmallBalls wrote: »
    No, go up N78 take a left then through Stradbally

Chance you might end up being diverted to the yellow car park?
    I would say very strong chance...again from the travel information from EP website...
    "[font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif]N80 Carlow & South East[/font]
    [font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif]Travel along the N80 and N78 to Simmons Mills and proceed via the Windy Gap into Stradbally. Turn left at Court Square (opposite Dunne’s pub) onto the Timahoe Road and turn left into the designated car park."[/font]
    [font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif]We wanted specifically to get into the yellow car park last year (which is the "designated car park" they refer to here) and we got ourselves on to the N80 heading north into Stradbally. It worked.[/font]
    [font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif]Other years, we found ourselves coming in from the north of Stradbally and it was a red/green lottery. It seems that they say that you will be directed to the designated parking areas, which allows them to send you where they like, dependent on parking and road conditions at the time.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

erica74 wrote: »
    Nightmare as I'm staying in pink moon/Podpads site.

Same here, it would be horrendous walking from yellow to pink moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Other Voices FB page....

�� SPECIAL GUEST ALERT ��

Delighted to say we will be welcoming Passenger to Other Voices at Electric Picnic 2018 this Friday night at 21:25.

This is a very special gig to celebrate the release of his new record 'Runaway' on Friday ahead of his performance in Vicar Street on Saturday.

Entry to the Other Voices stage in the woods will be on a first come first served basis for this performance so make sure you get down early.

See you in the woods!

YES! Saw him last year at the Galway Arts Festival and he was great.

Does the Other Voices place fill up easily!?

Piss easy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

haitens wrote: »
    That's me just have to highlight must see acts and I'll decide on any clashes on the day.

Looks like we'll be be in close proximity during the weekend! Lot's in common there.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

YES! Saw him last year at the Galway Arts Festival and he was great.

Go to the previous act if you really want to see him. Limited space there but a great little venue to see artists in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

This is what I can gather from the EP website.

If you want to park in the green carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The green carpark is located on the right hand side just before you enter Stradbally from the Portlaoise side.

Take Junction 16 off the M7 towards Bloomfield Cross on the R445 in the direction of Portlaoise. Turn left onto the R425, heading towards the N80, Stradbally. At the roundabout take the first exit onto the N80 Stradbally. Before you enter the town turn right into the designated car parks.

If you want to park in the red carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The red carpark is located on the R427 on the left hand side heading in the direction of Stradbally.

Continue on M7 and exit at Junction 17, Togher interchange, and proceed left towards Portlaoise. At the Meelick junction, turn right onto the L6310-0. Continue on until the road meets with the R426 and turn right. This road then joins with the R425 at Rathleague, continue on the R426 and turn left at either Lamberton or Money Cross as directed by the Garda on point duty and on to designated parking areas.

If you want to park in the yellow carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The yellow carpark is located on the Timahoe Road.

N80 Carlow & South East
    Travel along the N80 and N78 to Simmons Mills and proceed via the Windy Gap into Stradbally. Turn left at Court Square (opposite Dunne’s pub) onto the Timahoe Road and turn left into the designated car park.

I'd really appreciate the input of anyone who knows if what I've posted above is correct or incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Nightmare as I'm staying in pink moon/Podpads site.

Travelling from Bray, Wicklow and I am Pink Moon also, so Green Car Park is preference too!

Was going to punch in Kildangan in Google Maps. Then once there, punch in EP. That should bring us into Stradbally near the Green Car Park.

I haven't done this before, but others have advised coming in from this angle and getting off the motorway early to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

If you want to park in the green carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The green carpark is located on the right hand side just before you enter Stradbally from the Portlaoise side.

Take Junction 16 off the M7 towards Bloomfield Cross on the R445 in the direction of Portlaoise. Turn left onto the R425, heading towards the N80, Stradbally. At the roundabout take the first exit onto the N80 Stradbally. Before you enter the town turn right into the designated car parks.

If you want to park in the red carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The red carpark is located on the R427 on the left hand side heading in the direction of Stradbally.

Continue on M7 and exit at Junction 17, Togher interchange, and proceed left towards Portlaoise. At the Meelick junction, turn right onto the L6310-0. Continue on until the road meets with the R426 and turn right. This road then joins with the R425 at Rathleague, continue on the R426 and turn left at either Lamberton or Money Cross as directed by the Garda on point duty and on to designated parking areas.

If you want to park in the yellow carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The yellow carpark is located on the Timahoe Road.

N80 Carlow & South East
    Travel along the N80 and N78 to Simmons Mills and proceed via the Windy Gap into Stradbally. Turn left at Court Square (opposite Dunne’s pub) onto the Timahoe Road and turn left into the designated car park.

I'd really appreciate the input of anyone who knows if what I've posted above is correct or incorrect.
    Most likely correct, but you'll also likely be diverted by guards or people in yellow coats to a random pick....

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Camroc20 wrote: »
    Passenger announced as Special Guest for Other Voices on Friday 21:25

Is this true?

N80 Carlow & South East

True for the yellow car park. Worked for us last year.
    But again, no guarantees.

I think I'm going to aim to approach from the Rathsallagh side of Stradbally, via the N80 and hope to get into the green carpark.
    We're aiming to be in Stradbally for 10:30am so I'll let you all know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Yep, I've got a Huawei as well and only have these options as well. No now&next or map.

Both buttons present and working on a P20 pro

The nice thing about coming from Dublin and staying in BYEco is that I can just follow the masses and by default I'll end up parked next to the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Both buttons present and working on a P20 pro

The bug is fixed ... will be on the Play Store in about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

Some advice based on recent experience:

A couple of years ago we were forced into the Red Car Park due to a later than expected departure time on the Friday. Great weekend as per usual, but come Monday and after dragging everything through the Wilde war zone and getting to the Red again... could not find the car!!

We were convinced we were in the right spot, near the tree we had eyeballed on the way in, and then the unspoken fear of the car being nicked started to become more of a possible reality (also our trailer had just broken, so all our stuff was on the ground).

To cut a boring tale short, I had looked up festival apps before I'd left, and came across a simple but effective GPS based location finder and I had actually used it when we parked up. I didn't believe what it was saying to me but followed it anyway and sure enough we had stopped in the completely wrong field and the car was there in all it's mucky glory! So, if you have a poor sense of direction or even just as a backup the app was called Festival Buddy and you can save multiple locations e.g. your tent.

And no, I have nothing to do with it, it just saved my life that year. Used it last year as well, but I was parked in the Green and knew exactly where I was.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Provisional Skeleton Timetable (please note, the best of plans often fall apart on first contact with the enemy):

FRIDAY:

2.45-4 Roadhouse Doors
    4-4.40 Booka Brass
    5-5.30 Hymmingbyrd //// The Murder Capital
    6-7 Ash
    7-8.30 Interskalatic //// Delorentos //// Chvrches ///// Wild Youth //// Spring Break
    8.30-9.15 King Kong Company
    9.15-10.15 ????? - maybe Five Grand Stereo
    10.15-11.15 Bad Bones
    11.15-11.45 ????? - maybe some of Kendrick
    11.45-00.45 Super Extra Bonus Party
    1.15 - 2.15 Bitch Falcon

SATURDAY:

1.45-2.30 Slow Place Like Home
    2.45-3.30 Mik Pyro //// O Emperor /// Ham Sandwich
    3.30-4.30 Gomez
    4.30-5.15 Engine Alley //// Sigrid
    5.15-5.45 Mavis Staples //// Pillow Queens
    5.45-6.45 Friendly Fires
    6.45-7.15 Le Boom
    7.15-8.15 Wolf Alice
    8.15-10.30 Mount Kinbie /// Frank and Walters /// The Modern Strangers //// These Charming Men //// King Krule
    10.30-11.30 Alexis Taylor //// Gundelach
    11.30-12.15 ?????
    12.15- 1.30 Massive Attack
    1.30-2.30 ????
    2.30 Youngr

SUNDAY:

2.30-3.15 Inner Circle
    3.15-4.15 Wyvern Lingo //// Wild Youth //// The Orielles
    4.15-5 Garbage
    5-5.30 Lime and Fancy DJ set
    5.30-6.30 Chic
    6.30-7 Benjamin Clementine
    7-7.30 ????
    7.30-8.30 Cigarettes After Sex /// The Blaze
    8.30-9 Cotter Wall //// Bitch Falcon ///// Fontaines D.C.
    9-10.15 St. Vincent
    10.15-11 ??????????
    11-12 The Prodigy
    12-12.45 Cathey Davey
    1.15-2.15 RSAG
    2.20-3.30 Pogueology
    3-3.45 Dathai

Most of the clashes that I haven't been able to resolve are all bands I can take or leave.

It will be funny to compare how I actually get on with the aspirational list. Will probably be something more like:

FRIDAY:
    2.45 Roadhouse Doors

[SCENE MISSING]

SUNDAY:

11-12 The Prodigy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

You forget how hard it is to nail down a workable itinery, don't you?
    Friday, Roadhouse Doors, Booka Brass, Murder Capital, Harvest, David Keenan, Seamus Fogerty, Five Grand Stereo, Bitch Falcon and sure you never know, I might last to see the White Album on the Salty Dog.
    Saturday, Kevin McGahern, Murder Capital again, Engine Alley, Stella Donnelly, Whenyoung, These Charming Men, La Femme, Le Galaxie, Massive Attack.
    Sunday, Dublin Gospel Choir, Pale Rivers, Orielles, Hak Baker, Lost Brothers, Benjamine Clementine, Cigarettes after Sex, Colter Wall/ Fontaines DC, St. Vincent, Sleaford Mods, then it's the road for me.
    Highly aspirational and a bit of overlap in there, but we'll aim high and hope for the best.

• Advertisement

montybo wrote: »
    Have a Huawei using android and there's only the Friday, Saturday & Sunday buttons on the main screen

Thanks to montybo's help, this is now fixed. Update from the Play Store if you are not seeing the button for the map and the Now & Next button. Seems to be mainly Huawei Phones.

gkhant wrote: »
    Some advice based on recent experience:

A couple of years ago we were forced into the Red Car Park due to a later than expected departure time on the Friday. Great weekend as per usual, but come Monday and after dragging everything through the Wilde war zone and getting to the Red again... could not find the car!!

We were convinced we were in the right spot, near the tree we had eyeballed on the way in, and then the unspoken fear of the car being nicked started to become more of a possible reality (also our trailer had just broken, so all our stuff was on the ground).

To cut a boring tale short, I had looked up festival apps before I'd left, and came across a simple but effective GPS based location finder and I had actually used it when we parked up. I didn't believe what it was saying to me but followed it anyway and sure enough we had stopped in the completely wrong field and the car was there in all it's mucky glory! So, if you have a poor sense of direction or even just as a backup the app was called Festival Buddy and you can save multiple locations e.g. your tent.

And no, I have nothing to do with it, it just saved my life that year. Used it last year as well, but I was parked in the Green and knew exactly where I was.

I have been planning to add this feature to Festable. Will be there for next year.

First year we brought a campervan I spent 20 minutes looking for it on the Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

What's the latest we expect weather wise? Accuweather seems to be changing by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

True for the yellow car park. Worked for us last year.
    But again, no guarantees.

From Dublin direction - Go to Vicarstown and approach at that angle to get Green? Hoping that works. Seems the easiest according to Google Maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Pro tip (That I have just come up with!) If you are in an office, print out the Clashfinder timetable and laminate it to keep it waterproof!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

BigMo1 wrote: »
    What's the latest we expect weather wise? Accuweather seems to be changing by the minute.
    Seems to be generally good. Some showers forecast for Friday, pretty dry Saturday and then Sunday will be dry during the day, might be hit by rain when the sun sets.

2 hours of work left...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Is the music starting way earlier than usual this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Are "Blizzards" that are playing salty dog on sat night The Bressie Blizzards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Friday

Kendrick Lamar 10.40pm
    History of Hip Hop 3 8:30pm
    Kate Brennan 8:00pm
    Spring Break 7:30pm
    Ash 6pm

Saturday

Attention Bebe ???
    Mother Djs 00:00am
    NERD 10:30pm