Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

hoodor wrote: »
    King Kong Company.

Yeah I think most people would agree with this. There are better bands playing the Picnic, but there won't be quite as much fun as will be had in the Electric Arena for KKC

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

I have been planning to add this feature to Festable. Will be there for next year.

First year we brought a campervan I spent 20 minutes looking for it on the Friday night.

Hey

Has the Festival Buddy app been discontinued? I cant find it in the app store

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

I have been planning to add this feature to Festable. Will be there for next year.

First year we brought a campervan I spent 20 minutes looking for it on the Friday night.

I hear ye, the reason I went looking for something like this was because the previous year we couldn't find our tent and went around in circles for close on 2 hours!! Even the watchtower lads/lassies started commentating on our completed laps!! (Morto, like!)

Of course, it turned out we were lapping Wilde....

We were staying in Warhol.

And yes, there was drink taken.

It 'd be a really useful addition to that fine app of yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

showpony1 wrote: »
    Are "Blizzards" that are playing salty dog on sat night The Bressie Blizzards?

+1 would love to know this too!

Hey

Has the Festival Buddy app been discontinued? I cant find it in the app store

Feck it! I think you're right, just had a look myself and it's no longer listed!

I probably should have checked that first before boring everyone with my tales of woe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Staying in Pink Moon and really want to get into the Green carpark. Will be coming from Newbridge on Friday at around midday. Which route should I take? Complete newbie and travelling alone :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Where is the DJ set with Fathless and Lo Kutz on? Its at the Three Made by Music area but cannot see it listen on Clash?

Edit: In that 3 small house-style place beside the main arena I think. Don't believe its much of anything actually as he isn't playing 'as' Faithless.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

mimimcmc wrote: »
    It's shocking bad... IMO
    You might like it, if you like **** music :pac:

In other words, if you like Counting Crows then you'll love Ben Howard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 questions5000

erica74 wrote: »
    This is what I can gather from the EP website.

If you want to park in the green carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The green carpark is located on the right hand side just before you enter Stradbally from the Portlaoise side.

Take Junction 16 off the M7 towards Bloomfield Cross on the R445 in the direction of Portlaoise. Turn left onto the R425, heading towards the N80, Stradbally. At the roundabout take the first exit onto the N80 Stradbally. Before you enter the town turn right into the designated car parks.

If you want to park in the red carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The red carpark is located on the R427 on the left hand side heading in the direction of Stradbally.

Continue on M7 and exit at Junction 17, Togher interchange, and proceed left towards Portlaoise. At the Meelick junction, turn right onto the L6310-0. Continue on until the road meets with the R426 and turn right. This road then joins with the R425 at Rathleague, continue on the R426 and turn left at either Lamberton or Money Cross as directed by the Garda on point duty and on to designated parking areas.

If you want to park in the yellow carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The yellow carpark is located on the Timahoe Road.

N80 Carlow & South East
    Travel along the N80 and N78 to Simmons Mills and proceed via the Windy Gap into Stradbally. Turn left at Court Square (opposite Dunne’s pub) onto the Timahoe Road and turn left into the designated car park.

I'd really appreciate the input of anyone who knows if what I've posted above is correct or incorrect.

That sounds about right.

I am coming from Galway and trying to get into the yellow carpark as staying in the campervan site plus picking up my ticket there.

I thought that if I headed towards Vicarstown and head down the R428 that would gurarantee getting into the yellow as on Timahoe roiad but some peeps are saying that will bring you to the green?

Anyone reckon I would need to go further south then head north on the N80 to gurantee arriving at the yellow?

Is the red car park that much further away than the yellow from the campervan site?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

gkhant wrote: »
    Feck it! I think you're right, just had a look myself and it's no longer listed!

I probably should have checked that first before boring everyone with my tales of woe.

i had a similar experience losing my car last year..... is there any other similar apps like the one you describe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

jobless wrote: »
    i had a similar experience losing my car last year..... is there any other similar apps like the one you describe?

Could you just save 'Your Location' on Maps when you park up and name it and then use it on the way back?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

No, your dead right, looking for something like this too.

I'm wondering are these apps more accurate than dropping a pin in Google maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

showpony1 wrote: »
    Are "Blizzards" that are playing salty dog on sat night The Bressie Blizzards?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

lemmno wrote: »
    Staying in Pink Moon and really want to get into the Green carpark. Will be coming from Newbridge on Friday at around midday. Which route should I take? Complete newbie and travelling alone :-(

My recommendation would be to head down the m7 as far as the junction for Portlaoise, exit at junction 17, get onto the n77 heading towards portlaoise town and before you get into portlaoise, exit onto the N80 and stay on that road the whole way to Stradbally.
    You could still get thrown in wherever but looking at the map and the information online, I think that's your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

No, your dead right, looking for something like this too.

I'm wondering are these apps more accurate than dropping a pin in Google maps?

The long boring technical answer is "No".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭blackwhite

That sounds about right.

I am coming from Galway and trying to get into the yellow carpark as staying in the campervan site plus picking up my ticket there.

I thought that if I headed towards Vicarstown and head down the R428 that would gurarantee getting into the yellow as on Timahoe roiad but some peeps are saying that will bring you to the green?

Anyone reckon I would need to go further south then head north on the N80 to gurantee arriving at the yellow?

Is the red car park that much further away than the yellow from the campervan site?

Thanks

Red is a long treck from the campervan site when compared to yellow (which is beside it!).

Vicarstown to Stradbally Rd is closed on Friday according to Garda Traffic Plan
    Traffic travelling from Vicarstown on the Friday will not be allowed to enter Stradbally and a diversion at Garrons Cross will be in place.

Tour de Picnic is coming along the R428, so not sure how that would impact on things.

Likely you'd need to head as far as Athy, and then get across to N80 via Ballintubbert or Ballylinan

https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/our-departments/office-of-corporate-communications/news-media/electric-picnic-2018.html

optogirl wrote: »
    Could you just save 'Your Location' on Maps when you park up and name it and then use it on the way back?

Never tried that but did a little test and that looks like it'd work too. The way I had to do it was save location to a list and then select it to pop up the directions option?

What was nice about the app was it was a one button press and a big arrow guided you along. Very useful after a weekend of overindulgence!

Just on the garda information, I flagged what the gardai say about the green carpark only being available to Sunday campers to EP on twitter and they said that's incorrect so just bear that in mind, the rest of the information seems correct though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

We just seem to be missing the Trailer Park and the smaller B&S stages if I'm right. Anything else bar the odd late time changes I should be looking out for before customising my Clashfinder? Clash-heavy as ever but the weekend is looking great.

The long boring technical answer is "No".

Found one called 'Tent Finder' on the app store (recommended by joe.ie, so don't know if that's a good or bad thing.)

Seems to be an all encompassing kinda thang, whereas the old app was nice and simple (like meself).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

This is what I can gather from the EP website.

If you want to park in the green carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The green carpark is located on the right hand side just before you enter Stradbally from the Portlaoise side.

Take Junction 16 off the M7 towards Bloomfield Cross on the R445 in the direction of Portlaoise. Turn left onto the R425, heading towards the N80, Stradbally. At the roundabout take the first exit onto the N80 Stradbally. Before you enter the town turn right into the designated car parks.

If you want to park in the red carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The red carpark is located on the R427 on the left hand side heading in the direction of Stradbally.

Continue on M7 and exit at Junction 17, Togher interchange, and proceed left towards Portlaoise. At the Meelick junction, turn right onto the L6310-0. Continue on until the road meets with the R426 and turn right. This road then joins with the R425 at Rathleague, continue on the R426 and turn left at either Lamberton or Money Cross as directed by the Garda on point duty and on to designated parking areas.

If you want to park in the yellow carpark, the EP website gives these directions. The yellow carpark is located on the Timahoe Road.

N80 Carlow & South East
    Travel along the N80 and N78 to Simmons Mills and proceed via the Windy Gap into Stradbally. Turn left at Court Square (opposite Dunne’s pub) onto the Timahoe Road and turn left into the designated car park.

I'd really appreciate the input of anyone who knows if what I've posted above is correct or incorrect.

That sounds about right.

Thanks
    In that scenario, you would exit the R428 taking a right on the N80 northwards towards Stradbally. You would be 200 metres south of the left turn on to the Timahoe Road, which is the yellow car park. That would be correct. When we drove last year we were further south on the N80 travelling north and I remember passing that junction of the R428. Traffic was free to turn right from R428 and join us. 
    However, you just have to make sure that somewhere back on the R428 traffic was not directed, say to Garrons on the R427 and hence north of Stradbally village. I doubt it, but you never know! 
    Year before last, we were in boutique (Harvest) and in the red car park. It was some donkey trek...it's not the distance really that fekks you, it's all the people in the campsites that are on the track. I would say landing in red would not be the end of the world (compared to yellow) if you're going to campervan site.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 philip1526

Never tried that but did a little test and that looks like it'd work too. The way I had to do it was save location to a list and then select it to pop up the directions option?

What was nice about the app was it was a one button press and a big arrow guided you along. Very useful after a weekend of overindulgence!

Just send yourself or your travel mates your location via whatsapp

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Is that just hopeful or do you know something/someone?
    mimimcmc wrote: »
    It's shocking bad... IMO
    You might like it, if you like **** music :pac:

Wait, so he doesn't do Only Love or Keep Your Head Up, his most known and anthemic songs! Was looking forward to him, not so sure now..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    We just seem to be missing the Trailer Park and the smaller B&S stages if I'm right. Anything else bar the odd late time changes I should be looking out for before customising my Clashfinder? Clash-heavy as ever but the weekend is looking great.

Yep I think you are right, a few Body & Soul stages, Trailer Park, Anachronica & The Hazel Wood seem to be all that's missing now.

Found one called 'Tent Finder' on the app store (recommended by joe.ie, so don't know if that's a good or bad thing.)

Seems to be an all encompassing kinda thang, whereas the old app was nice and simple (like meself).

If I get a few free hours tonight I might try implement this on Festable. Its not difficult really, just takes time.

A193 wrote: »
    Wait, so he doesn't do Only Love or Keep Your Head Up, his most known and anthemic songs! Was looking forward to him, not so sure now..

OK... am going to give his latest album a spin. Can't just write him off cos he seems to be a total asshole. (Secretly hoping to hate this album)

D.Q wrote: »
    Is the music starting way earlier than usual this year?

Roadhouse Doors were 6 o clock last year which was the unofficial kick off point for many boardsies. So them starting at 2.45 means that our psychological "music starts now" point is a lot earlier.

But there was stuff on from 2ish on the Friday last year too, and the Main Stage still starts c. 5pm.

Trenchtown and yoga and all tend to start early as well c. 10am but I think they were the same last year. It's all very wholesome at that time of the morning, I don't recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Roadhouse Doors were 6 o clock last year which was the unofficial kick off point for many boardsies. So them starting at 2.45 means that our psychological "music starts now" point is a lot earlier.

But there was stuff on from 2ish on the Friday last year too, and the Main Stage still starts c. 5pm.

Trenchtown and yoga and all tend to start early as well c. 10am but I think they were the same last year. It's all very wholesome at that time of the morning, I don't recommend.

There’s a Boot camp some morning this weekend as well, just hope no-one has signed up thinking it’s training for kicking teenagers.
    Down with this healthy stuff.

Just diverted my phone to voicemail.
    The. Excitement. Is. Mighty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Judging by the amount of people on here, the Roadhouse Doors this year is going to be a massive Boards get together without anyone realizing who is who!

I'll be there in my electric old mans cap anyway so give me a knowing wink!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement