Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

dylbert wrote: »
    I thought the Gerry Fish tent done something the Thursday night?

Doubt the main arena will be open Thursday. Unless Gerry fish moves outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

It will be Justin Timberlake headlining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

showpony1 wrote: »

I love these couple of months of certain acts playing leading up to the big reveal in March. Then we are all disappointed for a few days until we remember how great its going to be anyway.

Id say Rolling Stones are a dead cert :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

showpony1 wrote: »
    better than your predictions last year of Eminem, Calvin Harris and Major Lazer tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

C’mon Depeche Mode

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Doubt the main arena will be open Thursday. Unless Gerry fish moves outside.

Tbh i think id nearly rather if they moved Jerry Fish somewhere far away from all the Heineken ****

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The gobsh1te DJ at the carnival will be there on Thursday anyways.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

We splurged on the Boutique Camping last year and that feckin DJ drove me nuts when we were in the Yurt. Oggy Oggy Oggy from 8am to 4am. Is Pink Moon any better? Certainly location seems better than Boutique, anyone been to both?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Depeche Mode would be class. Usually around this time of year we have some idea of who might headline/play, but this year I have genuinely no idea who it might be, anyone have any educated guesses so far?

Would anyone have an interest in starting some kind of communal list (such as this one for Primavera) to keep tabs on who is touring and who is still possible/ruled out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

mocata wrote: »
    We splurged on the Boutique Camping last year and that feckin DJ drove me nuts when we were in the Yurt. Oggy Oggy Oggy from 8am to 4am. Is Pink Moon any better? Certainly location seems better than Boutique, anyone been to both?

There's been none of that sh1te there so far, the only noise late at night would be the trucks and what seeps in from across the main arena (which can be quite a bit depending on the hour). As with other areas, ear buds are a necessity.

They do have a very large covered bar area which has music but it stops about 1ish I think so people can kip.
    Depeche Mode would be class. Usually around this time of year we have some idea of who might headline/play, but this year I have genuinely no idea who it might be, anyone have any educated guesses so far?

They're doing European festivals this summer so we could get lucky or they may think (as I would) ... September, I could play Ireland outdoors or I could be dippin me arse into my nice warm swimming pool ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Would anyone have an interest in starting some kind of communal list (such as this one for Primavera) to keep tabs on who is touring and who is still possible/ruled out?

Queens of the Stone Age
    Arcade Fire
    Kendrick Lamar
    Tame Impala
    The Killers
    Foals
    The Prodigy
    Jack White
    Florence and the Machine
    Arctic Monkeys
    Kasabian
    Muse

I think all of them are active in the summer.

I reckon The Killers quite likely, in Europe in July at least, and just did a gig with MCD here. QOTSA seem very likely to be playing R&L so I'd say they're likely too.
    Arcade Fire are playing in Denmark in August and have an MCD gig here close enough to be the EP lineup announcement date, which is already sold out.

possibly some pop-y headliner too, maybe Lorde? could see her headlining Longitude though.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

So I see this year that some of the camping is moving around like Festihuts will be in pink moon area for 2018 & podpads will be split between 2 campsites. Can we expect the layout of the entire site to be different?

Also anyone used festihuts before and have any opinions? am I right in saying they have electricity?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

neddynono wrote: »
    So I see this year that some of the camping is moving around like Festihuts will be in pink moon area for 2018 & podpads will be split between 2 campsites. Can we expect the layout of the entire site to be different?

Also anyone used festihuts before and have any opinions? am I right in saying they have electricity?

I have stayed in the festihuts the last five years. Delighted to hear they are moving to pink moon area tbh as there will be much more room and apparently better facilities.
    It’s basically a garden shed, two bunk beds and yes you have electricity! Also being able to lock it is brilliant too....its cold at night of course and not exactly comfortable but I’ve done most of the boutique camping and think it’s the best.
    Think it’s my last year though... gonna try and hotel it next year... I’m just getting too old for the lack of sleep and comfort!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Queens of the Stone Age
    Arcade Fire
    Kendrick Lamar
    Tame Impala
    The Killers
    Foals
    The Prodigy
    Jack White
    Florence and the Machine
    Arctic Monkeys
    Kasabian
    Muse

I think all of them are active in the summer.

I reckon The Killers quite likely, in Europe in July at least, and just did a gig with MCD here. QOTSA seem very likely to be playing R&L so I'd say they're likely too.
    Arcade Fire are playing in Denmark in August and have an MCD gig here close enough to be the EP lineup announcement date, which is already sold out.

possibly some pop-y headliner too, maybe Lorde? could see her headlining Longitude though.

QOTSA doing own UK show in Finsbury Park, I'd be shocked if they're considered big enough for that and headlining a twin fest two months later.

I'm going to add a few to this......

Queens of the Stone Age
    Arcade Fire
    Kendrick Lamar
    Tame Impala
    The Killers
    Foals
    The Prodigy
    Jack White
    Florence and the Machine
    Arctic Monkeys
    Kasabian
    Muse
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Biffy Clyro
    Crvrches
    Jamiroquai
    The Bloody Beetroots
    A Perfect Circle
    Lorde
    MGMT
    Bjork (Hope not)

Killers would be a huge coup. After the last two years of non mainstream not terribly well known headliners, I just can’t see it. I’d love to see them. Brandon is quite the showman

Snarky Snark Snark

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Killers would be a huge coup. After the last two years of non mainstream not terribly well known headliners

What colour is the sky in your world?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Killers would be a huge coup. After the last two years of non mainstream not terribly well known headliners, I just can’t see it. I’d love to see them. Brandon is quite the showman

Not a big Simon Le Bon fan , i take it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

kg703 wrote: »
    I'm going to add a few to this......

Queens of the Stone Age
    Arcade Fire
    Kendrick Lamar
    Tame Impala
    The Killers
    Foals
    The Prodigy
    Jack White
    Florence and the Machine
    Arctic Monkeys
    Kasabian
    Muse
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Biffy Clyro
    Crvrches
    Jamiroquai
    The Bloody Beetroots
    A Perfect Circle
    Lorde
    MGMT
    Bjork (Hope not)

A few more:

David Byrne
    Chemical Brothers
    Leftfield

Killers would be a huge coup. After the last two years of non mainstream not terribly well known headliners

What colour is the sky in your world?
    What the actual ****? Perhaps I was vague...

I personally loved the lineup in 2017, and liked it very much in 2016. I’m talking about the dickheads on fb etc and your average punter. Killers are different league in terms of popularity. That’s all I meant.

And Simon le Bon and co blew my mind actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    A few more:

David Byrne
    Chemical Brothers
    Leftfield

Released tour dates yesterday for his new tour, "the most ambitious show I've done since the shows that were filmed for Stop Making Sense"

He's in Europe in June & July but back to the US for the last weekend in July.

5 UK shows announced but none for Ireland, still a chance he rocks up at the Picnic i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Released tour dates yesterday for his new tour, "the most ambitious show I've done since the shows that were filmed for Stop Making Sense"

5 UK shows announced but none for Ireland, still a chance he rocks up at the Picnic i suppose.

David Byrne would be great, usually we get one headliner from that era so him or Depeche Mode would be nice! Not many other names like that floating around although I didn't expect Duran Duran last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

More chance for the iveagh gardens i would imagine

Depeche Mode would certainly be nice. I think they could be quite likely, as soon as I saw them pop up at another festival, I was like, there's our Sunday night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I still have a feeling The Killers will do there own stand alone shows (Maybe Malahide and Ormeau Park) or headline Longitude.

Snarky Snark Snark

What the actual ****? Perhaps I was vague...

I personally loved the lineup in 2017, and liked it very much in 2016. I’m talking about the dickheads on fb etc and your average punter. Killers are different league in terms of popularity. That’s all I meant.

And Simon le Bon and co blew my mind actually.

Apols, Sarcasm meter is obviously blown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Don't think I've ever been as cold as I was on the Friday night last year. Horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

D.Q wrote: »
    Don't think I've ever been as cold as I was on the Friday night last year. Horrendous.

Agree with you. Baltic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It looks like the official Electric Picnic forum has been closed down, 'This account has been suspended.' Unless maybe action is being taken to get a new one up and running, maybe first announcement could be sooner this year. The forum tended to go out of action when a flurry of activity was expected, like the way efestivals goes before an oncoming announcement of a major festival. But then that EP forum seemed do be dying anyway so maybe its just closed down altogether.

Edit: Now its back again :confused::confused::confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

It looks like the official Electric Picnic forum has been closed down, 'This account has been suspended.' Unless maybe action is being taken to get a new one up and running, maybe first announcement could be sooner this year. The forum tended to go out of action when a flurry of activity was expected, like the way efestivals goes before an oncoming announcement of a major festival. But then that EP forum seemed do be dying anyway so maybe its just closed down altogether.

Edit: Now its back again :confused::confused::confused:

Efests? Their servers rarely go down. Glasters ticket day maybe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement