Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Other Voices posted on Instagram there are some small changes to their times, as far as I can see the only change is Saturday night. They got rid of one of their special guest slots and Kojaque is now on before Jafaris instead of after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fri - Roadhouse Doors, Murder Capital, Ash/Harvest, David Keenan, Chvrches, Seamus Fogarty, Five Grand Stereo, Kendrick Lamar, Super Extra Bonus Party, Bitch Falcon, Salty Dog No Stars.

Sat - Tracy Bruen, Slow Place Like Home, Mik Pyro, Gomez, Sigrid/Engine Alley, Mavis Staples, Friendly Fires, Scarlxrd, Wolf Alice, Frank & Walters, Dua Lipa, King Krule/La Femme, NERD, Massive Attack, Youngr.

Sun - Orchid Collective, Inner Circle, Wyvern Lingo/Orielles, Garbage, Cloves, Chic, Benjamin Clementine, Cigarettes After Sex/The Blaze, Fontaines DC, St. Vincent, The Progidy, Cathy Davey, Poguelogy.

Plus the Elvis guy at Trailer Park & La Fura Dels Baus.

Wish me luck getting to half of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Won't make the RHD i'm afraid. Only leaving Drogheda at :(:(

Kick some teenagers for me, wontcha?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

OK... am going to give his latest album a spin. Can't just write him off cos he seems to be a total asshole. (Secretly hoping to hate this album)

I'm still a fan, but really do want to hear the classics.

STILL undecided on where to heard my crew. I think we'll get to make the call on camping spot as we'll be first there. I'm thinking the edge of Joplin, close-is to Warhol. I want to have an enjoyable weekend but still stay somewhere relatively sane..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 conork12

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Fri - Roadhouse Doors, Murder Capital, Ash/Harvest, David Keenan, Chvrches, Seamus Fogarty, Five Grand Stereo, Kendrick Lamar, Super Extra Bonus Party, Bitch Falcon, Salty Dog No Stars.

Where are harvest playing? Trailer park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So many things I want to see, only so much time to spend. It's like when you were given a few pounds as a kid to go to shop.

Massive credit to EP and the lineup this year. I could miss over half the acts I have circled and still have an unbelievable time, I think.

conork12 wrote: »

Trailer Park main stage at 5.55 on Fri. Bad clash with Ash.

From last year. A notable lack of youngsters:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

conork12 wrote: »

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Feck off, that's me just to the left behind you (or whoever filmed it) in the grey top with the dubious facial expression.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Feck off, that's me just to the left behind you (or whoever filmed it) in the grey top with the dubious facial expression.

Not me. I'm in a white t-shirt with my pal at 1.50. Half the posters here somewhere or other in that crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

See my mate jumping around there. That fecker has jumped ship and gone 100% ATN. Sold his EP ticket. I am not talking to him anymore.

I think I was down the back getting/spilling some voddy into a plastic bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

You're a handsome bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 18 questions5000

In that scenario, you would exit the R428 taking a right on the N80 northwards towards Stradbally. You would be 200 metres south of the left turn on to the Timahoe Road, which is the yellow car park. That would be correct. When we drove last year we were further south on the N80 travelling north and I remember passing that junction of the R428. Traffic was free to turn right from R428 and join us. 
    However, you just have to make sure that somewhere back on the R428 traffic was not directed, say to Garrons on the R427 and hence north of Stradbally village. I doubt it, but you never know! 
    Year before last, we were in boutique (Harvest) and in the red car park. It was some donkey trek...it's not the distance really that fekks you, it's all the people in the campsites that are on the track. I would say landing in red would not be the end of the world (compared to yellow) if you're going to campervan site.

Many thanks fish_fingers. What I understand is it I get to Vicarstown head down the R427.

Per Guardi guidlines "Traffic travelling from Vicarstown on the Friday will not be allowed
    to enter Stradbally and a diversion at Garrons Cross will be in
    place. "

I am assuming that the traffic will be diverted to R428 as in will be allowed to take left at Garrons Cross, then stay on road, getting on N80 for a little bit then swinging a left at Court Square and hopefully arriving at yellow car park?

You're a handsome bunch

But we are all still alive Mr. Mortis!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 questions5000

sorry had a s/s of map but can't paste on as on work pc

I was down the back, drinking cocktails!

This has to be this year's failed meet up. Think I might spot seathrun66 now that he has shown us his ugly mug. I will wear a bright blue baseball cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Pro tip (That I have just come up with!) If you are in an office, print out the Clashfinder timetable and laminate it to keep it waterproof!

Someone on this made a deadly one last year, I printed it, laminated it..... and left it on my desk

If this doesn't shake a little extra life into us on Sun night........

And something gentler for early evening Friday:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

OK... am going to give his latest album a spin. Can't just write him off cos he seems to be a total asshole. (Secretly hoping to hate this album)

Make sure you listen to murmurations, it actually made my ears ache

Also, where is Scruff Monkey??
    He did a fine job at starting this thread, he should have the honour of starting the "Part 2"

****in love this song. The drums are superb.

I used to pick this song on the jukebox in college. Partially because I loved it. Partially because it was great value for money :D

BTW - if ye are meeting up anywhere else, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Never been in the Other Voices tent, I presume it's standing, unlike the actual Other Voices in Dingle? How early would you want to get there to get in for Murder Capital on Friday afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Make sure you listen to murmurations, it actually made my ears ache

Also, where is Scruff Monkey??

scruff monkey has an utter fcukton of work to get through and is currently balls deep in trying to figure out why his json parser is converting perfectly fine utf-8 to goddamned escaped ascii

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Never been in the Other Voices tent, I presume it's standing, unlike the actual Other Voices in Dingle? How early would you want to get there to get in for Murder Capital on Friday afternoon?

Ive been in living rooms that were bigger ...

whoever you want to see in OV... get there very very early... and yes, its standing

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

scruff monkey has an utter fcukton of work to get through and is currently balls deep in trying to figure out why his json parser is converting perfectly fine utf-8 to goddamned escaped ascii

lay off the acid sm !!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

BadTurtle wrote: »

I tried to get in for Booka Brass last year and arrived in or around the start time. It was wedged and spilling out the doors. However, that was 4pm on the friday. So for anything popular that isnt too clashey Id get there good and early

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

In that scenario, you would exit the R428 taking a right on the N80 northwards towards Stradbally. You would be 200 metres south of the left turn on to the Timahoe Road, which is the yellow car park. That would be correct. When we drove last year we were further south on the N80 travelling north and I remember passing that junction of the R428. Traffic was free to turn right from R428 and join us. 
    However, you just have to make sure that somewhere back on the R428 traffic was not directed, say to Garrons on the R427 and hence north of Stradbally village. I doubt it, but you never know! 
    Year before last, we were in boutique (Harvest) and in the red car park. It was some donkey trek...it's not the distance really that fekks you, it's all the people in the campsites that are on the track. I would say landing in red would not be the end of the world (compared to yellow) if you're going to campervan site.

Many thanks fish_fingers. What I understand is it I get to Vicarstown head down the R427.

Per Guardi guidlines "Traffic travelling from Vicarstown on the Friday will not be allowed
    to enter Stradbally and a diversion at Garrons Cross will be in
    place. "

I am assuming that the traffic will be diverted to R428 as in will be allowed to take left at Garrons Cross, then stay on road, getting on N80 for a little bit then swinging a left at Court Square and hopefully arriving at yellow car park?
    Hmmmm.....
    I wouldn't "assume" that you will be able to take a left--we don't know what they're up to. Me, I would be inclined to somehow get on to the N80 further south rather than assuming you'll get a left there.

Incidentally, don't know if this pasting a link will work but there is a Garda plan....

https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/our-departments/office-of-corporate-communications/news-media/picnic-traffic-plan-2018.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

BadTurtle wrote:

Standing room only, it's a cool little set up, went for two years in a row for the special guests and was pretty disappointed when it was someone I hadn't heard of, still that's more my fault for not knowing.

I remember last year between acts these idiot teenagers ran up onto the stage and shouted into the mic taking selfies and such nonsense. Was so happy when security forceably removed them. No time for people who act like dicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

17 posts to 10k. Jaysus lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement