Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

17 posts to 10k. Jaysus lads.

What's the hard limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Never been in the Other Voices tent, I presume it's standing, unlike the actual Other Voices in Dingle? How early would you want to get there to get in for Murder Capital on Friday afternoon?

Standing, yeah. And dead on time I'd say, they're on at 5.10 and shouldn't be mobbed. The only people going will be us lot. OVs only really gets rammed for the likes of Le Galxie or special guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

I tried to get in for Booka Brass last year and arrived in or around the start time. It was wedged and spilling out the doors. However, that was 4pm on the friday. So for anything popular that isnt too clashey Id get there good and early

Made that one, always a great start to EP, a tradition now. To get out, we had to clamber out one of the 'windows' it was so rammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Wish they’d announce the food like they do the lineup but I suppose this is something

https://www.just-eat.ie/blog/flavourville-just-eat-retreat-electric-picnic-guide-2018/

everlast75 wrote: »
    ****in love this song. The drums are superb.

I used to pick this song on the jukebox in college. Partially because I loved it. Partially because it was great value for money :D

BTW - if ye are meeting up anywhere else, let us know.

Potential meet-ups are Roadhouse Doors, Booka Brass, Murder Capital & Harvest. Open to suggestions of how we'd recognise each other.
    Murder Capital will be the least busy of the above I reckon. I'll wear a cream Primavera Sound 2007 t-shirt if anyone wants to say hello.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

With regards travelling to Green Car park for Pink Moon Camping - Is going through Vicarstown a silly idea because it won't lead us directly into Stradbally because there's a diversion at Garrons crossroads?

Who here has gotten into Green Car Park from Dublin? If so, did you just drive the normal route via M7, thaking exit 15?

After this, is it a matter of luck to get Green, or do they fill up Red first and then use the Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 questions5000

Hmmmm.....
    I wouldn't "assume" that you will be able to take a left--we don't know what they're up to. Me, I would be inclined to somehow get on to the N80 further south rather than assuming you'll get a left there.

Incidentally, don't know if this pasting a link will work but there is a Garda plan....

https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/our-departments/office-of-corporate-communications/news-media/picnic-traffic-plan-2018.pdf

Ok gotcha thank you.

For anyone travelling from west and want to get into the yellow car park perhaps go this route:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Galway/Athy,+County+Kildare/Ballintubbert,+County+Laois/Timahoe,+County+Laois/@52.9566856,-7.5960205,9z/am=t/data=!4m30!4m29!1m5!1m1!1s0x485b93955a2d5bff:0x32b1b440a495281!2m2!1d-9.0567905!2d53.270668!1m5!1m1!1s0x485d6f8da2028ec3:0xa00c7a997318da0!2m2!1d-6.9857281!2d52.9918336!1m5!1m1!1s0x485d6e75546b5c97:0x1800c7a937df8820!2m2!1d-7.0866237!2d52.9839895!1m5!1m1!1s0x485d12d739cd060f:0xa00c7a997322600!2m2!1d-7.2014633!2d52.9606628!3e0!6m3!1i1!2i0!3i0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

JustShay wrote: »
    With regards travelling to Green Car park for Pink Moon Camping - Is going through Vicarstown a silly idea because it won't lead us directly into Stradbally because there's a diversion at Garrons crossroads?

Who here has gotten into Green Car Park from Dublin? If so, did you just drive the normal route via M7, thaking exit 15?

After this, is it a matter of luck to get Green, or do they fill up Red first and then use the Green?
    I went on the M7, then took a left onto the M9, into Athy, into Stradbally, into the Green Car Park.
    a number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Potential meet-ups are Roadhouse Doors, Booka Brass, Murder Capital & Harvest. Open to suggestions of how we'd recognise each other.
    Murder Capital will be the least busy of the above I reckon. I'll wear a cream Primavera Sound 2007 t-shirt if anyone wants to say hello.

Advance wardrobe planning?? If I wasn't 48, I'd say '**** just got real!'. Mine's an orange Pavement tshirt. I'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I'll probably be wearing a Germany jersey from this year's world cup. No, I didn't support them. It's just a great jersey.

Oh and thanks for the advice lads. Will take it under consideration and attempt to get their early, bringing a haaaape of cans to keep me occupied.

• Advertisement

MsMojave wrote: »
    Wish they’d announce the food like they do the lineup but I suppose this is something

https://www.just-eat.ie/blog/flavourville-just-eat-retreat-electric-picnic-guide-2018/

Thanks for that!

That was one thing that struck me last time about EP, the food isn't THAT expensive all considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

That was one thing that struck me last time about EP, the food isn't THAT expensive all considering.

Might even try something else other than the usual burrito this year

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I'll probably be wearing a Germany jersey from this year's world cup. No, I didn't support them. It's just a great jersey.

We're all obviously confident about the sun and t-shirts being the only upper body wear needed. Will look out for the Pavement & Germany tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

JustShay wrote: »

I went through Vicarstown last year and got into green no problem. It is saying there is a diversion this year but still going to chance it. Any other time I have gone down the M7 I have ended up in red. My worry about going the Athy route is that I will end up in yellow which would be a disaster, it sounds like green is designated for Thursday and Sunday arrivals this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

it sounds like green is designated for Thursday and Sunday arrivals this year.

Pretty sure it was supposed to be sunday bodies last year too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I'll be the 6'5" guy with a 100% reflective backpack, glowing panel t-shirt and probably EL sunglasses (if I can find them)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

Pretty sure it was supposed to be sunday bodies last year too

That is poetry. Mr. Scruff Monkey gets post number 10000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I’ll be the bald lad with a beard, wearing a hat, jeans and a t shirt.

Poorside wrote: »
    I’ll be the bald lad with a beard, wearing a hat, jeans and a t shirt.

Narrows it down to 987 attendees.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Any room for a long time lurker before the thread gets closed down?

First of all, thanks to everyone involved for this thread. It has been a constant source of entertainment/information for the last few months .

There is a load of things that I should actually be doing right now, but I will happily put them off until tomorrow and sit here looking at clashfinder.

I haven't actually put away the camping stuff since ATN. I could be tempted to put the tent up in the garden tonight and get rightly in the mood with a few cans.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and avoids as many clashes as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

I'll be the extraordinarily handsome fella beating women away with a stick....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

What is the post limit? hardly worth starting a new thread with 1 day until the site opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Update from BD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Update from BD :)

Jeez, Hendrix is looking a lot nicer than I remember

Body and soul etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Any room for a long time lurker before the thread gets closed down?

First of all, thanks to everyone involved for this thread. It has been a constant source of entertainment/information for the last few months .

There is a load of things that I should actually be doing right now, but I will happily put them off until tomorrow and sit here looking at clashfinder.

I haven't actually put away the camping stuff since ATN. I could be tempted to put the tent up in the garden tonight and get rightly in the mood with a few cans.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and avoids as many clashes as possible.

Same as That, thanks a mil for all the info, long time lurker here too. Has been touch and go if I would get there this year or not, slipped a disk 3 weeks ago that's sitting nicely on my sciatic nerve but have decided feck it life is too short, between painkillers and cider I hope to make it till Monday. So i will be the 37 year old with a limp who has told her family she sold her tickets and is off to a spa for the weekend. Couldn't be listening to them giving out to me. They just don't understand what an epic weekend it is

Anyone know what that 3rd photo is?

The haunt is back!
    (BD is delighted :))

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Body and soul etc.

Lads, are ye not cutting it a bit tight!? :pac:

It must be a mad rush to get everything up and ready! There are a lot of not-exactly-ikea type pieces being put up!

• Advertisement

His hand has really steadied since ATN

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement