Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Weak at the pics!!! CASA Bacardi looks bigger this year...although that could be incredibly ****e spacial awareness...sober or otherwise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Thanks bodhrandude I am now unbearably excited

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

He said rankins is bigger anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Hmmmm..... I wouldn't "assume" that you will be able to take a left--we don't know what they're up to. Me, I would be inclined to somehow get on to the N80 further south rather than assuming you'll get a left there.

That's they way they operated last year, left at Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Just waiting on Trailer Park times and I can finalise my Clashfinder... (Or if someone wants to just stick Harvest in for me that be brilliant) :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Finally off to the shops to buy an obscene amount of burger bites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Finally off to the shops to buy an obscene amount of burger bites

I like your style. And your handle. "Your honour, you take away our right to steal ideas, where are they going to come from? Her?"

• Registered Users Posts: 18 questions5000

Peterd66 wrote: »
    That's they way they operated last year, left at Cross.

Thanks Peterd66. I might chance that route so instead of heading further south to Athy and back the way.

Btw, think I read somewhere that you cannot walk through the campervan site entrance but have done so previously. Anyone know if that is actually the case?

Oops, reported your reply there by accident Peterd44 instead of posting. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nice pics from bodhrandude. If someone who has his number could ask him has he heard anything about this secret bunker or if anyone is going down tomorrow night and comes across it please let us know where it is located!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nice pics from bodhrandude. If someone who has his number could ask him has he heard anything about this secret bunker or if anyone is going down tomorrow night and comes across it please let us know where it is located!

Do tell, whats the rumor here?

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I like your style. And your handle. "Your honour, you take away our right to steal ideas, where are they going to come from? Her?"

I thought she had something there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

What's instead of The Bold Motel this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Annani

Finished work wooop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

ED E wrote: »
    Do tell, whats the rumor here?

Melvin Benn said there's a Bunker somewhere with DJ's from Berlin. Hence, the Berlin Bunker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Just follow the line of lads chewing obscene amounts of Hubba Bubba and winking at each other.

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Just waiting on Trailer Park times and I can finalise my Clashfinder... (Or if someone wants to just stick Harvest in for me that be brilliant) :D:D:D

What time are they on, I’ll see if I can do it on my phone, only ever used a pc so not to sure

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I've asked him. No reply yet.
    Pablo asked him too, no reply there either I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Poorside wrote: »
    What time are they on, I’ll see if I can do it on my phone, only ever used a pc so not to sure

Stillill42 wrote: »

How long for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

How long for?

Sorry buddy, I've only a start time.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Sorry buddy, I've only a start time.

I can get into the edit page but can’t get in to actuality add it on my phone, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Craigmc06

Hi all, so it’s my first time going to EP and I’m thinkinh of staying in Oscar Wilde or Andy Warhol. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations on where is best to stay. I read to stay away from Hendricks. Could you also please help with regards to what car park would be best to stay in. One final question I’m thinking of bringing a litre of gin would it be ok to just pour that into a 1 litre plastic bottle or would it need to be spilt between a few smaller plastic bottle?

I can get into the edit page but can’t get in to actuality add it on my phone, sorry.

Done, I just estimated the finish time.

Craigmc06 wrote: »
    Hi all, so it’s my first time going to EP and I’m thinkinh of staying in Oscar Wilde or Andy Warhol. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations on where is best to stay. I read to stay away from Hendricks. Could you also please help with regards to what car park would be best to stay in. One final question I’m thinking of bringing a litre of gin would it be ok to just pour that into a 1 litre plastic bottle or would it need to be spilt between a few smaller plastic bottle?

Depends what you're looking for, Hendrix probably is best avoided either way. Wilde or Warhol would be lively enough and pretty busy and noisy, I used to camp in Wilde and enjoyed it though, short walk to the arena. Janis Joplin and Charlie Chaplin are considered the quiet and more mature campsites so if you value a nights sleep maybe go there, longer walks to the arena though.

Yep you will be grand putting it into the big bottle once it's plastic, no glass allowed whatsoever. Also you would be best off parking in red but most people get sent here by default if they are arriving on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I asked. He doesn't know but said he will ask around.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Done, I just estimated the finish time.

Thanks Guys..

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

JustShay wrote: »
    With regards travelling to Green Car park for Pink Moon Camping - Is going through Vicarstown a silly idea because it won't lead us directly into Stradbally because there's a diversion at Garrons crossroads?

Who here has gotten into Green Car Park from Dublin? If so, did you just drive the normal route via M7, thaking exit 15?

After this, is it a matter of luck to get Green, or do they fill up Red first and then use the Green?

I got into the green last year on the Friday afternoon by going through kildangan. The route is diverted by guards to the Carlow side of stradbally but I just drove straight up through the village and took a left towards the green car park. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aspiring Banger Merchant

I went through Vicarstown last year and got into green no problem. It is saying there is a diversion this year but still going to chance it. Any other time I have gone down the M7 I have ended up in red. My worry about going the Athy route is that I will end up in yellow which would be a disaster, it sounds like green is designated for Thursday and Sunday arrivals this year.

Thinking about coming through Athy via Wicklow and have the same concern. Yellow car park would be a disaster for Pink Moon so is it that or a coin toss as to whether you land in Red/Green? The website is awful vague, just saying that the Green car park is off the n80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Is a new thread necessary or could they just let this run to its conclusion next week? Am unfamiliar with the internal workings of the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement