Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

I got into the green last year on the Friday afternoon by going through kildangan. The route is diverted by guards to the Carlow side of stradbally but I just drove straight up through the village and took a left towards the green car park. Hope this helps.

As in get off the M7 towards kildangan and then follow my google maps to stradbally until I see the signs?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistertrixy

For anyone based in Cork....Bradley’s have an excellent selection at the moment in their 4 for 10 offers...got some great cans today for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Olliepollie

Does anyone know the best route to take to get to the Red Carpark if coming from Dublin?

It's our first time driving down and Google maps is being very unhealthful! My apologies in advance because I'm sure this question has been answered many times before but I can't find it when I search back through the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Is a new thread necessary or could they just let this run to its conclusion next week? Am unfamiliar with the internal workings of the forum.

This thread won't die until everyone has given their review of how great their weekend was, etc.

In about three weeks time, scruff will start the 2019 thread and we will all migrate over there and moan about how the whole thing has gone downhill and how it is also the greatest weekend of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Does anyone know the best route to take to get to the Red Carpark if coming from Dublin?

It's our first time driving down and Google maps is being very unhealthful! My apologies in advance because I'm sure this question has been answered many times before but I can't find it when I search back through the thread.

This is the approach the Gardai are advising if you're coming from Dublin to the red carpark (diversions included).

https://goo.gl/maps/WM8vvwii2H22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This thread won't die until everyone has given their review of how great their weekend was, etc.

In about three weeks time, scruff will start the 2019 thread and we will all migrate over there and moan about how the whole thing has gone downhill and how it is also the greatest weekend of the year.

No, it will die. Soon.

Boards runs on older software that doesnt like very large table lookups. The site admins have determined 10,000 posts to be the threshold so mods will have to fork this now.

f6c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

We are nothing if not predictable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

ED E wrote: »
    No, it will die. Soon.

Boards runs on older software that doesnt like very large table lookups. The site admins have determined 10,000 posts to be the threshold so mods will have to fork this now.

f6c.jpg

TIL

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

I'll be in me Malojian tee shirts and Rough Trade.

Say hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Swear to god though if I come back saying Johnny Logan was my highlight... report my post and let me be banned from boards forever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Is a new thread necessary or could they just let this run to its conclusion next week? Am unfamiliar with the internal workings of the forum.

New thread, have to keep track of post count and beat it each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Rfrip wrote: »
    Swear to god though if I come back saying Johnny Logan was my highlight... report my post and let me be banned from boards forever

It could be worse....

Grease is being shown on Sunday ....

"You're the one that I want... ohh ohh oohh."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

For anyone based in Cork....Bradley’s have an excellent selection at the moment in their 4 for 10 offers...got some great cans today for the weekend!

Mr flash. I could get 4 cans for 3 euro in aldi. It might remove the lining of my stomach, but I'll have 7 quid in my póca.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chite

I stupidly got drink in glass bottles (8 degrees berliner weisse) before reading up on the website on what's prohibited to bring in - hope it holds up being kept in a plastic bottle for at least Friday as I have to head to EP tomorrow.

I've also 3 cans of smithwicks blond ale - I dunno if my taste is a bit "notions" or just average.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

First time going to EP very excited.

Heading down early Friday morning and just wondering what to expect in term of ques? Does it take long to get in? Do they do much searching on people going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Heading down early Friday morning and just wondering what to expect in term of ques? Does it take long to get in? Do they do much searching on people going in?

Probably be busy enough in fairness but you'll get through quick enough. It'll be grand, enjoy the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Why, you got drugs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Lineup for next year is the worst I’ve ever seen, it’ll be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

s8n wrote: »
    Why, you got drugs ?

Depends who's asking....

2621797_0.jpg

chite wrote: »
    I stupidly got drink in glass bottles (8 degrees berliner weisse) before reading up on the website on what's prohibited to bring in - hope it holds up being kept in a plastic bottle for at least Friday as I have to head to EP tomorrow.

I've also 3 cans of smithwicks blond ale - I dunno if my taste is a bit "notions" or just average.

Ah lad, that’s well below notions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

lemmno wrote: »
    As in get off the M7 towards kildangan and then follow my google maps to stradbally until I see the signs?

Yep but get off at Kildare village rather than go further down. There may be guards on the exit further down only allowing local access.
    Use google maps once u get off the motorway

Trailer park is up on the app.

And little big tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Advance wardrobe planning?? If I wasn't 48, I'd say '**** just got real!'. Mine's an orange Pavement tshirt. I'll keep an eye out.

46 age and probably waist. Will be wearing a black tshirt with I wanna be adored written on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I'll probably be wearing a Germany jersey from this year's world cup. No, I didn't support them. It's just a great jersey.

Oh and thanks for the advice lads. Will take it under consideration and attempt to get their early, bringing a haaaape of cans to keep me occupied.

Also if it does get jammers it gets very hot in there but great little venue. Saw bitch falcon (amongst others) there last year was jammers andcgreat atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistertrixy

chite wrote: »

I’ll pick up 8 smithwicks too for filler as it’s easy to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Lads is there any times for that acrobatic thing? Sitting here sober now I think I might like to see it. Could all change though.

thebusher wrote: »
    Lads is there any times for that acrobatic thing? Sitting here sober now I think I might like to see it. Could all change though.

I’ll probably be doing my acrobatic stuff between 8 and 9 on Friday, possibly off a tree near the Salty dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Mucker46 wrote: »
    46 age and probably waist. Will be wearing a black tshirt with I wanna be adored written on it.

Nice one. Our tshirts are giving us away alright. We should have just cut to the chase and run off a batch with 'I'm old' printed on them. I always said us oul lads have the best tshirts.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Nice one. Our tshirts are giving us away alright. We should have just cut to the chase and run off a batch with 'I'm old' printed on them. I always said us oul lads have the best tshirts.

I’m waiting on 2, hope to have them before I set off tomorrow, both are White Album related so when I read the No stars were doing it on the Dog I took it as a sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah, I'm delighted to see the Dublin Eukele Collective have their usual Sunday morning slot in Trailer Park. A lovely 40 mins or so. It'll warm the cockles of your cynical hearts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement