Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

He says u can do it before the campsites get packed but I said even if it was quiet there would be an issue with private cars driving around pedestrian areas

The reason he wants to do this is he has a load of camping equipment and wants to drive in to drop off before. Also I Think he won’t be allowed use the camping stove etc but I havnt mentioned that to him yet

Ah here! Everyone will have camping equipment. Just load it on your back or a trolley like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

He says u can do it before the campsites get packed but I said even if it was quiet there would be an issue with private cars driving around pedestrian areas

The reason he wants to do this is he has a load of camping equipment and wants to drive in to drop off before. Also I Think he won’t be allowed use the camping stove etc but I havnt mentioned that to him yet

Friends first festival ? No gas allowed on site.

When you arrive into the car park you are directed straight to a parking space. No wandering around like its a tesco car park.

Tell your friend to only bring what he can carry, or get a trolley.

If your friend brings too much - don't help carry it, they'll learn their lesson for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Is there a silent disco somewhere each night?
    I remember being at one years ago, but it's a bit of a blur.

Yep Cosby stage every night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Jaysus Id love that, a drive through campsite would be some laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Korvanica wrote: »
    Friends first festival ? No gas allowed on site.

When you arrive into the car park you are directed straight to a parking space. No wandering around like its a tesco car park.

Tell your friend to only bring what he can carry, or get a trolley.

If your friend brings too much - don't help carry it, they'll learn their lesson for next time.

I agree. I wont be with them, they are coming from donegal on Friday morning - whereas I’m arriving on site from Dublin on sat around noon hopefully. Dunno if some festivals allow cars on site to load off camping equipment etc but can’t see EP allowing it.

The only cars I’ve ever seen on site have been official festival vehicles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Poorside wrote: »
    Jaysus Id love that, a drive through campsite would be some laugh.

Would you drive through Hendrix? Be no windows left.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Yep Cosby stage every night

Good stuff. Any idea on times for that?

Doubt the hubcaps would last long either lol

I’m from Limerick, I’ll accept that challenge, kiiddd

I agree. I wont be with them, they are coming from donegal on Friday morning - whereas I’m arriving on site from Dublin on sat around noon hopefully. Dunno if some festivals allow cars on site to load off camping equipment etc but can’t see EP allowing it.

The only cars I’ve ever seen on site have been official festival vehicles.

It would be like driving up to your seat in Croke Park to drop your jacket off, not happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Good stuff. Any idea on times for that?

12.30 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the more I read about this friend of Beechwoodspark, the more I want them to believe and keep insisting they can do this, so they learn a life lesson when they get down there.

the more I read about this friend of Beechwoodspark, the more I want them to believe and keep insisting they can do this, so they learn a life lesson when they get down there.

The thing is, he’s like a lot of donegal ppl great personality very funny persuasive type - so i actually wouldn’t put it past him to try convince security to let him drive in! I was doubting myself when he was telling me last night about the plan to drive in -ehhh are you sure you can do that??!

The thing is, he’s like a lot of donegal ppl and very funny persuasive type - so i actually wouldn’t put it past him to try convince security to let him drive in! I was doubting myself when he was telling me last night about the plan to drive in -ehhh are you sure you can do that??!

Let us know when he gets there so we can watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The reason he wants to do this is he has a load of camping equipment and wants to drive in to drop off before. Also I Think he won’t be allowed use the camping stove etc but I havnt mentioned that to him yet!

Ha ha so untrue it's got to be trolling!!
    Can you imagine!! congested enough with people and tents.... ;) add in tens of thousands of cars.
    Maybe they've camped in a crew site in the week before the ep.

Poorside wrote: »
    Let us know when he gets there so we can watch.

Tomorro around lunchtime I believe the plan is!

Tomorro around lunchtime I believe the plan is!

Grand, watch that and off to The Salty dog, great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Forecast not looking great for Sunday PM. And all different ones starting to agree.

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Forecast not looking great for Sunday PM. And all different ones starting to agree.

If it does rain, it looks very minimal, raincoat and a hat, be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Yr shows some rain Sunday. Accuweather says no. MT on boards says some rain in the northwest only. Friday evening and Sunday there are likely to be small showers but nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Lads I have a great new way to smuggle drink into the arena, what ya do is.... fill the car full of booze and drive in... works every time. Key is, if stopped put on a Donegal accent.
    Can't believe you fools actually pay for drink and walk everywhere. Last year I flashed my head lights at Hannah Reid from London Grammar during their gig, took her for a spin after she heard my Donegal accent. All true.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

No Donal Dineen? First time ever?
    And Kerry not even playing in All Ireland!

It surely must be the first year. He was always one of my favourites

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Lads I have a great new way to smuggle drink into the arena, what ya do is.... fill the car full of booze and drive in... works every time. Key is, if stopped put on a Donegal accent.
    Can't believe you fools actually pay for drink and walk everywhere. Last year I flashed my head lights at Hannah Reid from London Grammar during their gig, took her for a spin after she heard my Donegal accent. All true.

Feck that, I’ve a horse outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Friend coming from glenties is insisting that you can drive into the campsites, drop off your stuff then drive to the carpark.

Is this true?

That is very untrue

yeah, possibly the odd shower on Friday, Saturday is looking dry at the moment, but rain likely on Sunday night. at least it'll be clear by Monday morning for packing up.

(day/time in the top right corner)

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

choose "UK Precipitation" on the first drop-down menu

gebbel wrote: »
    Yr shows some rain Sunday. Accuweather says no. MT on boards says some rain in the northwest only. Friday evening and Sunday there are likely to be small showers but nothing to worry about.

Met.ie says lashings of rain sunday night :(

Whos this MT chap u speak of?

yeah, possibly the odd shower on Friday, Saturday is looking dry at the moment, but rain likely on Sunday night. at least it'll be clear by Monday morning for packing up.

choose "UK Precipitation" on the first drop-down menu

This could be a wash out sunday night...like that one a few years back with le galaxie on the sunday night in B&S

Knex. wrote: »
    Impressed with Mount Kimbie's live set as well.

Saturday is just mental for me. 19 acts I want to see. 19, in one day! Nuts. Obviously not practical but we're spoiled.

Will finalise my to-see list tomorrow as best I can, I think.

nice! I'm expecting King Krule to join them for Blue Train Lines, as he's on the same stage after them...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

bergipau wrote: »
    It surely must be the first year. He was always one of my favourites

He could turn up of B&S Earth Stage maybe. Think he did that a few years back... Still waiting on B&S stages..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Looks like I'll be sleeping in the car Sunday night so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement