Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I've forgotton how good Jungle are live #KEXP proper Craic and dancing, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

it was lashing the EP before last on the sunday I basically drank cans in the tent until it cleared up enough to go to Mother Djs
    hopefully its not lashing all during their slot. All other acts I want to see sunday are in tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chevra13i

You can go to the carpark and bring in more drink throughout the weekend can't you? We've always done that previously.

A colleague of my housemate says you can't bring in more drink after first entry...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

showpony1 wrote: »
    it was lashing the EP before last on the sunday I basically drank cans in the tent until it cleared up enough to go to Mother Djs
    hopefully its not lashing all during their slot. All other acts I want to see sunday are in tents.

Looking at the Met.ie charts and they say it’s light rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Friend coming from glenties is insisting that you can drive into the campsites, drop off your stuff then drive to the carpark.

Is this true?

(cue creaky old voice) I remember many years ago (2006 maybe), the current campervan field was a car park. I was camping in Quiet Camping (now Joplin) and on the monday morning, they took down the fencing in between the two and I could see my car 200m away as I crawled out of my tent. Bliss.

Those days are long gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

chevra13i wrote: »
    You can go to the carpark and bring in more drink throughout the weekend can't you? We've always done that previously.

A colleague of my housemate says you can't bring in more drink after first entry...

You can.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Cheers i remember paying with card at the Craft Beer stall thing but wasnt sure if you could do it on the other bars

The cute hoor stand? Or is there an actual craft beer stall there that I wasnt aware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be sleeping in the car Sunday night so

Why? Sleeping in a well pitched tent in the rain is one of life's great pleasures.

Edit: unless you're saying pack up Sunday evening before the rain to avoid dealing with that monday morning, in which case I'm right with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Forecast appears to be..

Friday - Cloud until 9pm when there will be some rain (Hopefully not during Kendrick).
    Sat - Cloudy but dry all day.
    Sunday - Rain from 3pm on.

Monday - Sunshine

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Seriously though, be careful at the bars.
    Too many stories of folks being short changed in recent years,

I know I'd be in no state to read the screen to see how much I'm tapping to pay after about 8 pm on each day,

If you've time, go into the bank and ask them to change your 50s into tenners. That way, if you overpay someone its your own fault not theirs.

If the bank asks why you want so many tenners, just tell them youre going to a strip club for lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I'm confused as to why people think the bar staff would deliberately overcharge you when tapping your card? It's not like they can pocket the extra.

I think they're saying that i you're tapping you're liable to accidentally spend way more than you think, whereas if you pay cash you're likely to be shortchanged if you're not paying attention

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

I think they're saying that i you're tapping you're liable to accidentally spend way more than you think, whereas if you pay cash you're likely to be shortchanged if you're not paying attention

The contactless is very convenient.

And extremely dangerous when in a hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

How do you guys protect valuables? I presume just sleep with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Any word on Gang of Youths. I can't find them listed on any stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'm confused as to why people think the bar staff would deliberately overcharge you when tapping your card? It's not like they can pocket the extra.

it's more that a load of volunteers (mostly students) who have been on the piss the night before, can't count and end up overcharging you/shortchanging you/ballsing up the payment one way or another.

in fairness, I've been given extra notes (overchanged?) in the past too, so I don't think it's deliberate at all, just people being a bit dopey.

I'd imagine all the card machines will print receipts though, so just ask for those....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

LowOdour wrote: »

They got wind of #TeenageKicks and legged it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

LowOdour wrote: »
    no official word, but seems like they've cancelled.

quick google, but it's odd as they had North American shows booked for early August, then only EP, until another lot of american gigs in October.
    strange that they would have just had this random Irish festival plonked in the middle of 2 months off....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Someone mentioned that it might be ok to post here as I am looking to swap two weekend with "normal" camping tickets for two weekend with "family" camping tickets. I hope it's not a problem as I'm not looking to sell at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Poorside wrote: »
    Looking at the Met.ie charts and they say it’s light rain.

I think that light green circle is over stradbally....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

paulieeye wrote: »
    Met.ie says lashings of rain sunday night :(

Whos this MT chap u speak of?

A respected daily contributor on the weather forum. This is from his forecast this morning:

TODAY ... Sunny with cloudy intervals, isolated showers possible, and highs 17 to 20 C.

TONIGHT ... Occasional light rain in west, 2 to 5 mm likely. Partly to mostly cloudy but dry in east, lows generally 8 to 10 C.

FRIDAY ... Increasing cloud, some light rain at times, highs 18 to 21 C.

SATURDAY ... Brief and light showers ending during the morning, then sunny intervals, breezy, highs 18 to 21 C.

SUNDAY ... Sunny intervals with increasing cloud, warm, lows 10 to 13 C, highs 19 to 23 C. Some rain possible at times in northwest, as a weak front brushes past the Ulster coast.

Someone mentioned that it might be ok to post here as I am looking to swap two weekend with "normal" camping tickets for two weekend with "family" camping tickets. I hope it's not a problem as I'm not looking to sell at all. :)

toutless.com is your best bet ..

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

gebbel wrote: »
    A respected daily contributor on the weather forum. This is from his forecast this morning:

TODAY ... Sunny with cloudy intervals, isolated showers possible, and highs 17 to 20 C.

TONIGHT ... Occasional light rain in west, 2 to 5 mm likely. Partly to mostly cloudy but dry in east, lows generally 8 to 10 C.

FRIDAY ... Increasing cloud, some light rain at times, highs 18 to 21 C.

SATURDAY ... Brief and light showers ending during the morning, then sunny intervals, breezy, highs 18 to 21 C.

SUNDAY ... Sunny intervals with increasing cloud, warm, lows 10 to 13 C, highs 19 to 23 C. Some rain possible at times in northwest, as a weak front brushes past the Ulster coast.

I'd take that!

toutless.com is your best bet ..

On it thanks...

seems to be a glut of campervan/caravan tickets on donedeal, some below face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

ALWAYS BE PREPARED FOR RAIN LADS! WE ARE IN IRELAND REMEMBER!

My friend bought three family tickets off someone on toutless. Said that we'll just get put into the regualar campsite when they realize we're not a family and have no kids with us. Does anyone know because looking up online though I can't see anything about this being the case?

Yes, I'd swap if available

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Bags packed since last night as I am out for a few tonight. Leaving @ 9 on tomorrow morning. Itinerary sorted (below) and not much being done today. It is here. My favorite weekend of the year has finally arrived :-)

I hope your cans are cold, the weather is dry, you and yours are stay safe and everyone has a brilliant Picnic. Have a ball, each and every one of you :-)

Friday
    Roadhouse Doors > Booka Brass > Ash > Chrvches > Kind Kong Company > Camelphat > Adam Beyer > Krystal Klear > Otherkin > Rave in the Woods > White Album Salty Dog

Saturday
    Gomez > Mavis Staples/Yellow Days > Friendly Fires > Le Boom > Wolf Alice > These Charming Men > Erol Alkan > Ejeca > Nina Kraviz > Massive Attack > Mall Grab

Sunday
    Dublin Gospel Choir > Modern Magic > Columbia Mills > Trinity Orchestra > Grabage > Chic > Denis Sulta > The Blaze > Fontaines DC > Krystal Klear > The Prodigy

I'm a scouty type, expensive hiking boots, all the good gear for any situation...

2 years ago I managed to forget both hiking boots and wellies and was thoroughly miserable until I dried out some time Saturday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Left it till today to get sleeping bags (well my mate did) and a power bank. Rookie error.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement