Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ive just asked there can i have a half day..cant take anymore, leaving at 1....like literally am next to useless here

Almost there

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Bodhrandude found out where the bunker is and will tell us all about it on Tuesday pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Rfrip wrote: »
    Ive just asked there can i have a half day..cant take anymore, leaving at 1....like literally am next to useless here

Almost there

Sure I still have to pack at all! My car is full of crap like cardboard boxes, a sleeping bad and a tent. Not a hint of anything else. Going to go home at lunch, just throw a load of socks/jocks/t****s/a jeans/rain jacket into a bag and that is my packing :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Almost there

I have feckin one-on-one meeting with my boss late afternoon. Will be after 9 tonight by the time I will roll the caravan in. At least my cans are cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

dmm82 wrote: »
    Folks sorry if this has been asked but are the early entry passes sold out? My friend is trying to buy one.

Somebody mentioned earlier you can pay at the gate for pink moon early entry maybe its the same for general camping this eve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever recommended this guy. This gem amongst my most awaited tracks of the weekend:

He's only 23 :eek::eek::eek:

gonna check out more of his stuff now, that sounded lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marpad

Still trying to plan best route to attempt getting into green on Friday afternoon. Really looks like there is no point in going through Vicarstown:
    "Traffic travelling from Vicarstown on the Friday will not be allowed
    to enter Stradbally and a diversion at Garrons Cross will be in
    place."

From very detailed Garda Traffic Management Plan here:
    https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/our-departments/office-of-corporate-communications/news-media/picnic-traffic-plan-2018.pdf

Looks like best option is actually heading with main M7 traffic and hoping you hit it at the busiest time:
    "If volumes of traffic from the M7 motorway become
    too extreme then this excess traffic will be parked in
    car parks V, W, X, Y & Z "
    Reading the plan it sounds like this is the only time they will allow Friday traffic into green but anyone who is down early tomorrow please let us know. Have moved things around now and will be leaving Offaly at around 3:30, with no traffic we would be there by 4:15 but will be happy if we are parked up by 5:15 (or even 5:30). Sooo hoping for green but preparing for red.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

I always get my timing wrong and end up in big ques and fighting for a camping spot at 11 or half,
    are the ques typically as bad at 10 ?
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

crusha101 wrote: »
    I always get my timing wrong and end up in big ques and fighting for a camping spot at 11 or half,
    cheers.

My friend is being difficult and wants us to wait for their car at 11 or so, wanted to be in before 10. Hopefully it won't be too bad but I'm not feeling too positive..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Another band I've missed for a while:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

marpad wrote: »
    Still trying to plan best route to attempt getting into green on Friday afternoon. Really looks like there is no point in going through Vicarstown:
    "Traffic travelling from Vicarstown on the Friday will not be allowed
    to enter Stradbally and a diversion at Garrons Cross will be in
    place."

From very detailed Garda Traffic Management Plan here:
    https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/our-departments/office-of-corporate-communications/news-media/picnic-traffic-plan-2018.pdf

Looks like best option is actually heading with main M7 traffic and hoping you hit it at the busiest time:
    "If volumes of traffic from the M7 motorway become
    too extreme then this excess traffic will be parked in
    car parks V, W, X, Y & Z "
    Reading the plan it sounds like this is the only time they will allow Friday traffic into green but anyone who is down early tomorrow please let us know. Have moved things around now and will be leaving Offaly at around 3:30, with no traffic we would be there by 4:15 but will be happy if we are parked up by 5:15 (or even 5:30). Sooo hoping for green but preparing for red.

You could take this route

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Offaly,+County+Offaly/53.036143,-7.159313/53.0191923,-7.1546001/@53.071298,-7.3014802,11.75z/data=!4m10!4m9!1m5!1m1!1s0x485d077189dde7f7:0x400c7a72e2a7770!2m2!1d-7.7122229!2d53.2356871!1m0!1m0!3e0

Turn right and up the road to Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

A193 wrote: »
    crusha101 wrote: »
    cheers.

My friend is being difficult and wants us to wait for their car at 11 or so, wanted to be in before 10. Hopefully it won't be too bad but I'm not feeling too positive..
    Don't want to be too forward here...but tell them they're on their own ;-) This is no time to be pfaffing around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I've never been there for early, usually take a half day and rock up between 3 and 4. You're after the initial awfulness but ahead of work traffic, it's never been outrageously busy that I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Don't want to be too forward here...but tell them they're on their own ;-) This is no time to be pfaffing around!

Never knew there was a silent p before faffing :eek:

Where would I be without this thread :pac:

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Folks, there's a band called Melts on the Trailer Park stage at 22:10 on Sunday, I'd recommend catching a bit of their set in between St Vincent & the Prodigy. I saw them support the Murder Capital and they're well worth the stroll over.
    Agreed!! Saw them support Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever. Some nice psych at times.

mimimcmc wrote: »

from wiktionary:
    pfaff

English
    Verb
    pfaff (third-person singular simple present pfaffs, present participle pfaffing, simple past and past participle pfaffed)

(Britain, slang) Alternative spelling of faff
    Usage notes
    Normally used in the form pfaff around.

Who knew?

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Folks, there's a band called Melts on the Trailer Park stage at 22:10 on Sunday, I'd recommend catching a bit of their set in between St Vincent & the Prodigy. I saw them support the Murder Capital and they're well worth the stroll over.
    Agreed!! Saw them support Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever. Some nice psych at times.
    Oh....and if you can make it to 3am on Saturday night/Sunday morning, Thumper. (They say themselves that they're playing 2pm on Saturday but I can't find it).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mimimcmc wrote: »

Come Tuesday morning, I will posting updates, stating I am pfúcked!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marpad

I'm going to try this route, it is the main route for coaches from all directions so they may try and divert cars but worth a try....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Right, the Garda traffic plan has West (I presume Galway direction) traffic going via Mountmellick and Portlaoise. What is stopping me from going the Google maps suggested route, down the R420/422/423 to EP instead of the N80 to the left of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

They've got the tent.

Snookered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Another photo I took this morning overlooking the site. Feels weird not to be going this year :(

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/1035124826774667264?s=21

They've got the tent.

Snookered.
    Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Villain wrote: »
    Another photo I took this morning overlooking the site. Feels weird not to be going this year :(

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/1035124826774667264?s=21

Doesn't she look beautiful? 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Almost there

I had booked a half day and cancelled it since I'm not heading down this evening. Intensely regretting my decision now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Should be cracking into the cans this time tomorrow. Counting down seconds at this point.

Villain wrote: »

great photos!

Rankin's Wood looks bigger...

and is that the eLogic thing directly across form Jerry Fish again? Noise bleed!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Tell your friend that you will go down,set up the tents and when your friend arrives,help them with their gear. Easier on your friend. Get your cans cracked open after setting up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

great photos!

Rankin's Wood looks bigger...

and is that the eLogic thing directly across form Jerry Fish again? Noise bleed!
    I was just thinking that, it's almost as big as the Electric Arena.

yeah, Heineken area and Logic facing Jerry Fish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

last of the B&S times

40337661_10160715913440514_2827596009993928704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=089d502f954f03320a899e5cf8ab712d&oe=5BFCEF2B

40457569_10160715913435514_8389426912824393728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3aeeb416c6bb406916bdf642dbfbef06&oe=5BED31C1

40466603_10160715913585514_8169360717086982144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=12bb7555e737cdd1a0a74b993ae390aa&oe=5BFF45AD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement