Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Oops forgot pic

Ah stop

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

To anybody heading down today have a blast and same for everyone going tomorrow. Hopefully see some of you down there. Probably won't make Roadhouse Doors but will be at The Murder Capital. Enjoy one and all

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

Must say, the clashes have been relatively kind to me. With the big exception of having to chose between St Vincent and Death Grips. I’ve seen the former multiple times but the later only once which edges it for me.

Weather looking decent.

Chargers a chargin’.

Cans a chillin’.

Roll on the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

haitens wrote: »
    To anybody heading down today have a blast and same for everyone going tomorrow. Hopefully see some of you down there. Probably won't make Roadhouse Doors but will be at The Murder Capital. Enjoy one and all

Are the Murder Capital and Murder Capital Allstars the same band?
    MCA are on the spotify going around afiak

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Just having the traditional feed before we belt off, enjoy it everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Oops forgot pic

jaysis, shure you'll catch your death in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

What cans are the best nice and warm?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Visually pink moon looks stunning!!

Absolutely. An OCD wet dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

cans of beans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Just been informed I have the FULL day off tomorrow so can head down first thing!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Poorside wrote:
    Just having the traditional feed before we belt off, enjoy it everyone.

I miss read that and thought you were having the traditional FEEL.....

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

In the Eco aswell we’ll be the ones in the green gazebo with fairy lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Chug 2, by the third you won't care anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Peterd66 wrote: »
    I miss read that and thought you were having the traditional FEEL.....

That's for later on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

If your tent has a porch store as many cans as you can under this, or else tucked under the tent all round. Almost as good as a fridge.

showpony1 wrote: »
    Revised schedule for me, shaping up to be one of best yet..

Friday

Shakalak 1:00am
    Kendrick Lamar 10.40pm
    Attention Bebe 9:40pm
    History of Hip Hop 3 8:30pm
    Spring Break 7:30pm
    Ash 6pm

Saturday

Fat Puppy Djs 2:00am
    Mother Djs 00:00am
    The Blizzards 23:10pm
    NERD 10:30pm
    Dua Lipa 8:45pm
    M People 7pm
    Friendly Fires 5:45pm
    Sing Along Social 5pm
    Sigrid 4:30pm

Sunday

Mother DJs 00:00am
    The Kooks 10:45pm
    Colter Wall/Cigarettes after Sex 8:15pm
    Ynxg Bane 7:30pm
    Smash Hits 7pm
    RAYE 6:15pm
    Chic 5:30pm
    Inner Circle 2:30pm

That's basically a 72-hour funk party you've got going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Just buy heineken and/or orchard thieves and keep them in the onsite free cold room

Attention Bebe have themselves down for 9.40 on Facebook but still missing from the clashfinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

Empty cans??

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

If your tent has a porch store as many cans as you can under this, or else tucked under the tent all round. Almost as good as a fridge.

Ditto if you have a campervan, stick the cans underneath it. They'll be well chilled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Dibble wrote: »
    Ditto if you have a campervan, stick the cans underneath it. They'll be well chilled.

Alternatively, and I know this is revolutionary, use the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Lads, two words for anyone with a free slot on early Sunday evening...

The Blaze.

I've been banging the drum about them since the first announcement (I'm not alone on that one tbf) and saw them at Primavera. Since, they've released a heap of new songs and it all just keeps getting better.

For me, if there's one band to see this weekend, it's them.

Does anyone else have one completely unmissable recommendation? Ideally, one that others may have missed or not yet come across yet?

Also, if anyone is skipping Kendrick Lamar for whatever reason, the Bad Bones/Super Extra Bonus Party double header on Body & Soul will be brilliant.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Also, if anyone is skipping Kendrick Lamar for whatever reason, the Bad Bones/Super Extra Bonus Party double header on Body & Soul will be brilliant.

Thats my plan. Might try to catch a song from Kendrick in between those two, but otherwise it seems like the best spot for friday night

I have tried several times to listen to Kendrick but he's just not my thing at all. I don't get it. Definitely heading for SEBP so I might check out Bad Bones too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Does anyone else have one completely unmissable recommendation? Ideally, one that others may have missed or not yet come across yet?

King Kong Company. Regulars to this thread and to EP will know them and have probably seen them at least once but for any newcomers, I'd highly recommend them. Just a good solid bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Benjamin Clementine (though EA maybe too big ) and at the complety other end of the scale Jinx Lennon.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

King Kong Company is Fridays must see, Wolf Alice Sat and agreed on The Blaze for Sunday

erica74 wrote: »
    King Kong Company. Regulars to this thread and to EP will know them and have probably seen them at least once but for any newcomers, I'd highly recommend them. Just a good solid bit of craic.

I keep listening to them but don't get it. Stage show looks like a cut-rate Flaming Lips without the tunes so I'm off to see them tomorrow evening and hope to be proved wrong.

Good luck to everybody heading off today. I'm very envious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Is there an actual offo on site I can go just buy a load of cold cans to save lumping them all the way there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

erica74 wrote: »

As a buddy of mine once called them after I dragged him along for his first time:
    "The perfect festival fodder"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement