Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Are the Murder Capital and Murder Capital Allstars the same band?
    MCA are on the spotify going around afiak

ta

The Murder Capital aren't on Spotify so they are a different act altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Does anyone else have one completely unmissable recommendation? Ideally, one that others may have missed or not yet come across yet?

Fri - Seamus Fogarty (OVs)
    Sat - Slow Place Like Home (B&S main)
    Sun - Colter Wall or David Keenan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Adam Beyer sounds like a pretty intense Friday night act don't think anyone's suggested him just yet.

Anyone know where the apparent Berlin DJ bunker is?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

funk-you wrote: »
    Is there an actual offo on site I can go just buy a load of cold cans to save lumping them all the way there?

Wondering this myself, there is a Tesco's onsite, not sure what the available, price of cans in it is though

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Poorside wrote: »
    Let us know when he gets there so we can watch.

Thats the boardsies meet up right there!
    Guaranteed full attendance!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

tickets back on sale on Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

ah jaysus, just noticed
    the Franks dont play Happy Busman, my fave of theirs by a mile
    cracking tune
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Toobz wrote: »
    Adam Beyer sounds like a pretty intense Friday night act don't think anyone's suggested him just yet.

Or where it is :P

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever recommended this guy. This gem amongst my most awaited tracks of the weekend:

Welcome ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

ah jaysus, just noticed
    the Franks dont play Happy Busman, my fave of theirs by a mile
    cracking tune
    :(

Imagine how I felt finding out Massive Attack don't play Teardrop or Paradise Circus live any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Toobz wrote: »

intense beats...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 larkie

hi all
    been a lurker here with the past few days to get in the mood
    One festival tip that works a treat for me every year is the old boil the cap off a plastic water bottle - check it out on youtube
    No matter how many cans get confiscated on the way into the main arena they cant touch the 'water' bottle and I've had security pay very close inspection said bottle
    roll on the roadhouse doors tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

larkie wrote: »
    hi all
    been a lurker here with the past few days to get in the mood
    One festival tip that works a treat for me every year is the old boil the cap off a plastic water bottle - check it out on youtube
    No matter how many cans get confiscated on the way into the main arena they cant touch the 'water' bottle and I've had security pay very close inspection said bottle
    roll on the roadhouse doors tomorrow

Are you allowed bring a bottle of water into the main arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Right.
    I am f**king off from work now.
    I have to buy some bungee cords, my booze and *sigh* pack.
    I hope to be there for the Roadhouse Doors, but may not be. I'll be on here if any other places are arranged.
    Safe journey, you magnificent b*stards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Arrived, busy enough.

Green car park is on Google maps, came through Portlaoise head towards Stradbally

• Registered Users Posts: 17 larkie

Are you allowed bring a bottle of water into the main arena?

Yes as long as its under 500mL (replace water with whatever your clear fluid poison of choice is) - have a look at the video on youtube ''How to Re-seal a Water Bottle''

Jesus the notification vibration from the EP app was strong enough there, just to tell me that contactless is onsite now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Arrived, busy enough.

Green car park is on Google maps, came through Portlaoise head towards Stradbally

I added it the other day

There are tickets on TM right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Arrived, busy enough.

I added it the other day

So there are, how is that if they're reporting it as sold out? Seems unfair to all the people who've been scrambling to get tickets for the past couple of months.

Villain wrote: »
    Another photo I took this morning overlooking the site. Feels weird not to be going this year :(

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/1035124826774667264?s=21

Ahh Villian. Its me thats been hassling you on Twitter :-)

Thanks for the great work. Hope you get a ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

I added it the other day

not any more! a mate is still trying, just went on, no tickets

rickyjb wrote: »
    So there are, how is that if they're reporting it as sold out? Seems unfair to all the people who've been scrambling to get tickets for the past couple of months.

Pretty sure this is standard practice for most gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

tickets back on sale on Ticketmaster
    Thanks a million just sorted my brother with a ticket. F*** the touts looking for over €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

rickyjb wrote: »

Probably had some allocated to vendors, VIP, competitions etc that were not used

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hurley182

Hi guys, lurked on here a few times, but never posted.

Just to put my mind at ease, can normal weekend camping wristbands get full access to campervan site?
    I'm driving up, parking in (hopefully) red, and walking to campervan site to stay in my friends campervan for the weekend.

Shouldn't be a problem, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

hurley182 wrote: »

Just to put my mind at ease, can normal weekend camping wristbands get full access to campervan site?
    I'm driving up, parking in (hopefully) red, and walking to campervan site to stay in my friends campervan for the weekend.

Have done that a few times myself never an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

Right you luvly peeps!

I am done!

Time to head back, finish loading the car, (won't take long), eat and then next stop is the Green Car Park of EP2018!

See you all there, as it seems we will end up at most of the same spots over the weekend but not have a bogs notion of who anybody is!!

Reality can phuck right off for a few days, enjoy everyone, it's goin' ta be tttropic!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 questions5000

hurley182 wrote: »

Have done that a few times myself never an issue

Yeah Ive done that before also.

Would you not try and land at the yellow car park? Much closer to campervan site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

In ECO also... I'll be the one with a blue tent, green camping chair, slight beard, sunglasses, 30-40 years old, hat & drinking cans.....you can't miss me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 hurley182

Yeah Ive done that before also.

Would you not try and land at the yellow car park? Much closer to campervan site.

Is it? Was just judging from the festival map, didn't seem like much of a difference, but I'll look into that a bit more, cheers.

I'm coming from Dublin so thought there was a good chance I end up in Red anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement