Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Fatfrog wrote: »
    In ECO also... I'll be the one with a blue tent, green camping chair, slight beard, sunglasses, 30-40 years old, hat & drinking cans.....you can't miss me
    Do you not know what age you are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

ah jaysus, just noticed
    the Franks dont play Happy Busman, my fave of theirs by a mile
    cracking tune
    :(
    contact them by Twitter or Facebook and ask them...usually very accommodating . Unreal tune, they will be brilliant I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I raise my final staff room mug of coffee in silent toast to you, EP boards people. As ever, ye've been as integral to the Picnic experience as the Salty Dog. I hope we all get the Picnic we deserve. Have a good one, hopefully I'll run in to one or two of ye over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I already stained my clashfinder with chocolate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Do you not know what age you are :)

Yes but you won't:rolleyes:..... I don't usually wear a large badge with my age on it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

:)
    mimimcmc wrote: »
    I already stained my clashfinder with chocolate :rolleyes:

Aha....that's where you need some LAMINATION! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 larkie

hurley182 wrote: »
    Hi guys, lurked on here a few times, but never posted.

Just to put my mind at ease, can normal weekend camping wristbands get full access to campervan site?
    I'm driving up, parking in (hopefully) red, and walking to campervan site to stay in my friends campervan for the weekend.

Shouldn't be a problem, right?

No problem doing that - the wristband is the same general access thats used in the campervan area

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Long shot, but anyone got 1 spare ECO campsite code they no longer need?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Ground is good and solid but the woodland walk ways will cut up at some stage.
    Enjoying my first very smug can.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Does anyone know when La Fura dels Baus are on?? Had a look at the app but can't seem to find it.

Also do we have anymore info on the Berlin Bunker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Kettle316 wrote: »

Also do we have anymore info on the Berlin Bunker?

My understanding is that it’s a bit of a letdown. Rather than the expected techno DJ’s it actually just contains the moldy old skeletal remains of Adolf Hitler.

Shame on you Festival Republic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

alastair wrote: »
    My understanding is that it’s a bit of a letdown. Rather than the expected techno DJ’s it actually just contains the moldy old skeletal remains of Adolf Hitler.

Shame on you Festival Republic!

Nah its cool

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is there any sort of regular bus service between stradbally and portlaoise during the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

nearly there folks!!! (apart from you smug hooores that are there!)

GREEN CAR PARK....
    before you all sign off after arriving,
    id be most appreciative to know what routes you took and if you got to Green (as would many others i'd imagine)

i wont be leaving Dublin til about midday tmw bound for pink moon,
    i can even think about parking in red, the scars are deep from a few years back! i was a fat sweaty mess by the time i got to PM!

at least if i get a bit of feedback from folks tmw
    i can make an informed decision on what way to try based
    on the time i,m leaving

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

GREEN CAR PARK....
    id be most appreciative to know what routes you took and if you got to Green (as would many others i'd imagine)

i can even think about parking in red, the scars are deep from a few years back! i was a fat sweaty mess by the time i got to PM!

on the time i,m leaving

many thanks

I second this please. Would be a huge help

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Last minute prep here. Hope you all have a blast. Been a great thread again this year. Loved it. You're all shiny happy people with great musical taste.

Interskalactic late night tomorrow instead of tge early 7 pm slit has made my day.

Enjoy it people :-)

We're in Eco also :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is there any sort of regular bus service between stradbally and portlaoise during the weekend?

Martleys timetable attached there. From Portlaoise train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

GREEN CAR PARK....

on the time i,m leaving

many thanks
    Ricey92 wrote: »
    I second this please. Would be a huge help

I'm hoping for green and aiming to be there around 10:30ish, I'll post here how I get on, planning on approaching from Portlaoise side.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

I shall be Stradbally bound very soon.. Everyone have a great picnic.. Be safe and enjoy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Are you allowed bring water bottles into the main arena?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jobless wrote: »
    Are you allowed bring water bottles into the main arena?

SEALED only. Otherwise it could be vodka etc. After 1AM work away with boozey ones up to 500ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

going offline very soon, round house doors tomorrow is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Korvanica wrote: »
    Anyone else in eco ? Looking forward to the new campsite there.

We are but considering options due to how close it is to rave in the woods. Will be down for 1 so I can imagine we'll be close to the front

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Work over and after all the giving out and gnashing of teeth EP weekend is here and i for one am as excited as ever and have as many bands to see as previous years. Hope you all have a blast. Your contributions on this thread have been hilarious, informative and therapeutic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

GREEN CAR PARK....

on the time i,m leaving

many thanks

Not entirely sure on this but will try and summarise what I can gather so far (if travelling from Dublin/north, no idea about the rest).

The way a lot of people traveled to the Green car park last year including myself was by coming off the M7 at Monasterevin and going through Kildangan, Vicarstown and Inch Cross. This brought you into Stradbally and straight into Green no issues at all. However this year the Gardaí are saying traffic will be diverted just after Inch Cross (which direction we don't know yet) so you might not get into Green this way.

A few others vouch for going down the M9, turning off for Athy and then going to Stradbally from that direction, this has worked in previous years for Green and could be the best bet this year. The fear is though that you will get diverted into Yellow if you come this route which is an even longer walk to PM then the red car park.

If you just go the normal route and follow the signs for EP off the M7 you will probably end up in Red. From reading the traffic plan it sounds like they are trying to keep Green for Thursday and Sunday arrivals and use the Red for the majority of others. It did say however that if traffic is heavy they will use the Green as an overflow car park.

Long story short, doesn't sound like there is a guaranteed way to get into green this year. I would guess Athy would be your best bet but I am going to chance Vicarstown and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

going offline very soon, round house doors tomorrow is it?

Hopefully, but unlikely I'll make it that early so Murder Capital more likely for me. Have a great Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Finally got around to getting my list together. Lots of crossover, and some down right clashes, but I'll play them by ear.

Super excited for this now!

ONnFQW3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Not entirely sure on this but will try and summarise what I can gather so far (if travelling from Dublin/north, no idea about the rest).

The way a lot of people traveled to the Green car park last year including myself was by coming off the M7 at Monasterevin and going through Kildangan, Vicarstown and Inch Cross. This brought you into Stradbally and straight into Green no issues at all. However this year the Gardaí are saying traffic will be diverted just after Inch Cross (which direction we don't know yet) so you might not get into Green this way.

A few others vouch for going down the M9, turning off for Athy and then going to Stradbally from that direction, this has worked in previous years for Green and could be the best bet this year. The fear is though that you will get diverted into Yellow if you come this route which is an even longer walk to PM then the red car park.

If you just go the normal route and follow the signs for EP off the M7 you will probably end up in Red. From reading the traffic plan it sounds like they are trying to keep Green for Thursday and Sunday arrivals and use the Red for the majority of others. It did say however that if traffic is heavy they will use the Green as an overflow car park.

Long story short, doesn't sound like there is a guaranteed way to get into green this year. I would guess Athy would be your best bet but I am going to chance Vicarstown and see what happens.

just go through Athy, and when you're driving up the Stradbally main street, if they try to divert you down the road to the left into the Yellow carpark, just tell them that you're not parking yet, and are going to Portlaoise to pick up a friend or something, and continue on up the main street and the Green car park is on your left.
    they can't make you drive into a carpark, even if they do make you go down the road towards the Yellow, you can always drive past it and around the site to the Red car park...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

MsMojave wrote: »

Could get messy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Those, including myself, needing to get into Green Car Park for Pink Moon, can we share a list of emails to get notified of who gets in and how? Wether through Athy, or Vicarstown?

I feel like this Thread is so busy it will be hard to find an update in the morning, especially from my phone, scrolling scrolling scrolling. If somebody does get into Green Car Park from Dublin side, please can you email this list. Copy mine and add yours to the Reply.

barcoe4@hotmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement