Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Stillill42 wrote: »
    What is this, Synode?

Looks like a new festival from POD, the original creators of Electric Picnic

https://www.alltogethernow.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Some new Festival at the beginning of August

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

On one hand it might give them a kick up the arse to make sure they book a good lineup, on the other hand more competition will mean even more acts that won't be at EP this year. We already have a lot of potential headliners ruled out (Justice, War on Drugs, Nick Cave, LCD, Gorillaz, The National) and most festivals haven't even been announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Synode wrote: »
    Looks like a new festival from POD, the original creators of Electric Picnic

https://www.alltogethernow.ie
    Any word where this will be held?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Any word where this will be held?

Portlaw in county Waterford....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Synode wrote: »
    This could be the kick up the ass the Picnic needs. Very intrigued

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1607511505992213&id=105573899519322&_rdr

Their timing is a bit off surely. They've likely already lost punters who've shelled out on Picnic tickets (More than 30k going by last year). Though a great POD line-up could affect future EP sales and some people may offload their tickets.

And personally, bar a few minor problems, I don't believe the Picnic needs a kick up the ass at all. Remains the best fest this island has ever had & adds more decent stages year by year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The fact its POD i can def see Chic headlining ha unless they are going for a electronic line up etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The fact its POD i can def see Chic headlining ha unless they are going for a electronic line up etc
    haha yeah, Chic, Booka Shade and Flaming Lips as headliners, classic POD :D

haha yeah, Chic, Booka Shade and Flaming Lips as headliners, classic POD :D

Forgot about Flaming Lips

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Has anyone used silk road tents at ep before? Can anyone tell me where they are set up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

declanleo wrote: »
    Has anyone used silk road tents at ep before? Can anyone tell me where they are set up?

They have always been in the boutique camping site but there seems to be a few changes as festihuts and pod pads are now with pink moon so I’d contact them directly to confirm. Used them for body and soul twice and had no problems with them

Rfrip wrote: »
    They have always been in the boutique camping site but there seems to be a few changes as festihuts and pod pads are now with pink moon so I’d contact them directly to confirm. Used them for body and soul twice and had no problems with them

My brother in law paid for one of their 4 m tents, They only provide 2 wristbands so assuming its small enough even though it sleeps 4 as my own tent is 1 metre bigger including a porch and it's usually only the 2 of us. I'm assuming this is 1 big area inside the tent

https://earth.app.goo.gl/jrgJk
    Location of the new pod festival. Curraghmore house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Chase and Status, Craig David, Dizzee Rascal, Marshmello just announced as headliners for SW4 the weekend before EP.

The two don't usually cross over much but could see Chase and Craig David at EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

Anyone heading to Body and Soul this year ? Or is that Treason ?

Is it worth going for the fancy glamping ? Considering that i don't require comfort just desperate for craic agus ceol

I'm hoping that this new POD festival will be great, i've heard it's going for mostly electronic, on the same weekend as Beatyard as well which has a fairly solid lineup as it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There is usually a B&S thread, probably best to keep discussion of that there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Chase and Status, Craig David, Dizzee Rascal, Marshmello just announced as headliners for SW4 the weekend before EP.

The two don't usually cross over much but could see Chase and Craig David at EP?

Chase and status live sets are unreal. Would definitely watch

D.Q wrote: »
    Chase and status live sets are unreal. Would definitely watch

Caught the first half of their set at Pukkelpop in 2016 and they were unreal , Id be happy with them if we didnt get the likes of Prodigy

Caught the first half of their set at Pukkelpop in 2016 and they were unreal , Id be happy with them if we didnt get the likes of Prodigy

I could never get into them anytime I seen them on tv. Not seen the prodigy in years so I'd be happy with them. We'll probably end up with the chemical bros though I wouldn't say no to leftfield

Snarky Snark Snark

Tis only two years since the Chems were there, not gonna happen again that soon.

That said, last year they did mix it up a bit, there was no massive Friday dance act on the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Their new tour dates suggest U2 could happen

Paddy2012 wrote: »

Don't be silly

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

declanleo wrote: »

Don't be silly
    Sorry I've just read they're announcing a Dublin gig soon, would've loved to have seen them at EP though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They play Germany before and after EP, seems unlikely to fly home for a festival slot in between those shows.

You'd imagine they'd have just done EP and then gone to the continent afterwards.

Plus, the press release explicitly states its Dublin (not Ireland) and indoor shows, like the Innocence tour a few years ago.

Presser pasted below.
    In addition, special home shows are being planned for Dublin and Belfast, details of which will be announced as soon as they are finalised.

Following last year's acclaimed stadium run with The Joshua Tree Tour 2017, the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour will see U2 return indoors to pick up where 2015's groundbreaking iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour left off. The eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour follows the recent release of the band's 14th studio album Songs of Experience. Just as the chart topping #1 album Songs of Experience serves as a companion piece to 2014's Songs of Innocence, the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour is a sequel to the 2015 tour which saw "U2 reinvent the arena show" (Rolling Stone) and was named #1 concert of 2015 by The New York Times. As with every U2 tour, this new arena production will explore the latest in cutting-edge technology. Staged in the round, the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour is a development of the unique and innovative staging of the 2015 tour, featuring multiple performance areas, a state-of-the-art sound system, plus an all new super high-res LED screen nine-times the resolution of the 2015 screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

and, you know, U2 are far too big to play EP....

and, you know, U2 are far too big to play EP....

They will be doing a few nights in the Three arena

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

They will be doing a few nights in the Three arena

For the price of an EP ticket. I know which I'd prefer and is better value ( and say that as a U2 fan)

Snarky Snark Snark

paulbok wrote: »
    For the price of an EP ticket. I know which I'd prefer and is better value ( and say that as a U2 fan)

From looking at the ticketmaster.nl site, it's the price of two EP tickets :eek:

10 - 15 bands in a wind swept field getting me sac frozen off at night or 1 comfy night in the Point. Gimme the icy ballbag every time.

(and I say that also as a fan who's gone to see them many times since first splashing cash to for Zoo TV in the RDS in 93)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Not seen in mentioned here, but POD have announced a new music festival in Waterford. In Curraghmore House in Portlaw. Website here > https://www.alltogethernow.ie/

3/4/5th of August, which is same weekend Bestival is on in UK, so maybe some crossover acts. Which in turn might lessen the pool of acts around to play EP.

• Advertisement

dubecho wrote: »
    Not seen in mentioned here, but POD have announced a new music festival in Waterford. In Curraghmore House in Portlaw. Website here > https://www.alltogethernow.ie/

3/4/5th of August, which is same weekend Bestival is on in UK, so maybe some crossover acts. Which in turn might lessen the pool of acts around to play EP.

It's 2 pages back..:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement