Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

It's 2 pages back..:D

Oops, my bad, not been keeping up, back to the back of the room for me : (

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

David Byrne announced his tour dates, looking like he won't be at EP so. No Irish date at all is pretty disappointing.. Wonder could he make an appearance at Body & Soul?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I don’t mean to be completely negative but as more and more festivals and acts are announced I think the ep line up is going to be pretty poor
    It will be my 10th picnic and wouldn’t miss it and il have a brilliant wkend like I always do but I know it’s pretty much going to be nothing to do with the line up

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

dubecho wrote: »
    3/4/5th of August, which is same weekend Bestival is on in UK, so maybe some crossover acts. Which in turn might lessen the pool of acts around to play EP.

Also competing with Beatyard which, while not having the same level of big acts and isnt camping, is still a pretty decent weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    I don’t mean to be completely negative but as more and more festivals and acts are announced I think the ep line up is going to be pretty poor
    It will be my 10th picnic and wouldn’t miss it and il have a brilliant wkend like I always do but I know it’s pretty much going to be nothing to do with the line up

Think this pops up each year that all the good acts are gone to other festivals/their own gig and yet EP seems to pull it out of the bag.

That said, this year is starting to look quite bare in terms of who's left touring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Hang in there, Rfrip. I'd never heard of the Lemon Twigs this time last years. Touts were a dirty word rather than an invigourating bunch of teenage Derry punks. Aaron Lee Tasjean! Aaron Lee Who? There's a thousand great acts out there waiting to blow our minds. Chin up, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

MBV back on the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Hang in there, Rfrip. I'd never heard of the Lemon Twigs this time last years. Touts were a dirty word rather than an invigourating bunch of teenage Derry punks. Aaron Lee Tasjean! Aaron Lee Who? There's a thousand great acts out there waiting to blow our minds. Chin up, buddy.

DBFC as headliners so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The line up will be fine, everybody calm down!! Tis on January!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Thanks for the support lads!! Think it’s just January is getting to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Poorside wrote: »
    MBV back on the road...

Just saw the tweet. Playing in Japan with NIN in August. Would absolutely love to see both on the picnic lineup.

deeks wrote: »
    Just saw the tweet. Playing in Japan with NIN in August. Would absolutely love to see both on the picnic lineup.

They have an album out this year too, it would make sense

Snarky Snark Snark

MBV... meh, saw last time, NIN, now that would be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MBV... meh, saw last time, NIN, now that would be interesting

I was there.. enjoyed it. My missus thought the sound was terrible ... ;)

Snarky Snark Snark

My missus thought the sound was terrible ... ;)

I was trying to think of something witty, but i couldn't, it was just a wall of sound, I get that they're ear bleedingly loud but ... meh. Didn't do it for me at all.

Looks like Arctic Monkey will be announced for Mad Cool Festival tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Mad Cool lineup is insane so far

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

That line up looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Mad Cool lineup is insane so far

Wilco please. The ten year gap is torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wow. That really is a pretty spectacular line-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

dubecho wrote: »
    Not seen in mentioned here, but POD have announced a new music festival in Waterford. In Curraghmore House in Portlaw. Website here > https://www.alltogethernow.ie/

3/4/5th of August, which is same weekend Bestival is on in UK, so maybe some crossover acts. Which in turn might lessen the pool of acts around to play EP.

So Bestival moved back 5 weeks by the looks of it, thats news to me, when was this decided they always followed the following weekend after the Picnic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Gonna put another wish for Arctic Monkeys out into the universe.

Seeing as the universe completely ignored all my stone roses wishes last year, definitely feel I'm owed some listening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Maybe its old news but Justice have been add3d to forbidden fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Maybe its old news but Justice have been add3d to forbidden fruit.

Announced 4 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Decemberists have a new album out. Now that would be lovely Sunday headliner for EA or RW.

Make it happen EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I’d be really happy with The Cure / New Order (missed them last time) . I say it every year James would be a great booking, shocked they have never played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Graham1978 wrote: »
    I’d be really happy with The Cure / New Order (missed them last time) . I say it every year James would be a great booking, shocked they have never played

The Cure's 40th anniversary show at Hyde Park in June (with Interpol, Editors, Ride, Slowdive and the Twilight Sad - what a f*cking line-up) is a European exclusive for 2018 unfortunately so they won't be back this year.

I must say I'm very interested to see who EP books this year. I have found the bills less predictable over the last 2/3 years, with the exception of a few acts (e.g., I would have been 99% sure that the xx would be there last year but wouldn't have predicted ATCQ and Duran Duran) and a lot of the names I would have guessed have already announced other shows in Ireland (Nick Cave, War on Drugs, the National, etc)

Maybe someone like Depeche Mode and/or Bjork alongside one or two more radio friendly acts? I feel like Tame Impala is set for a big slot too. They keep getting bigger and have an album out this year (I think) and are high up the bills at Mad Cool, etc where they have already been announced.

Would love to see Mercury Rev back, not played since 2005. They've just announced an acoustic tour of Deserters Songs in April, playing Limerick, Galway & Dublin. Tickets got as smallish venues. Get buying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Would love to see Mercury Rev back, not played since 2005. They've just announced an acoustic tour of Deserters Songs in April, playing Limerick, Galway & Dublin. Tickets got as smallish venues. Get buying!

They're also playing Waterford's Theatre Royal but that's not listed on Ticketmaster

• Advertisement

They're also playing Waterford's Theatre Royal but that's not listed on Ticketmaster

Seems like you buy direct from the Theatre's site. Cork gig also. Am super excited. Missed these guys. But also greedy for a full-on late night ear-shattering EA/RW set. They're up there with noiseniks like Swans & the Valentines. No bad thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement